Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
jackthearcher

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th

Post by jackthearcher » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:31 pm

I'd have no problem with taking up the modding as long as Josh posts the promised tutorial with a decent amount of info. Considering Josh has laid most of the foundation for the guns anyway I don't think any of it will be overly complex.

renamedperson

Post by renamedperson » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:57 pm

I need this! Too bad I have MAC

Axbix

Post by Axbix » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:14 am

I can't figure out where to put the file

rodeje25

Post by rodeje25 » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:51 am

daxtart wrote:I need this! Too bad I have MAC
If you made this with unity could you compile it for mac please?

bawiedrich

Post by bawiedrich » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:25 am

I am loving the mod, I wonder if you are gonna recolor any of the textures already in the game? Or if you plan on making different game modes? perhaps an easier mode for newer players, they can get his 3 times before death or something, I am just really curious because I have started really enjoying this game and I was sad when nobody was updating but I love the mods, what else can we expect?

Suraru

Post by Suraru » Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:43 am

Because the search function on these forums are poor, and I got tired of using ctrl + f through every page, I just want to say something that may or may not have been said before.

The sites on some shotguns (Mossberg, some Remington models but not usually 870) place their safety switch on the top just behind the sights. Given the visual limitations of Receiver, a creative and mechanical liberty could be taken to include the safety switch in this area.

Also, something else probably said but something I want to say just in case it hasn't (also because reading back 25 pages is not worth the effort of avoiding someone chewing me out for a redundant suggestion), the check chamber action does not work as it does with vanilla weapons. I'm not sure if this is on purpose, or if the function was not completed, but pulling the slide (or pump) back slightly allows you to check the chamber without ejecting the round housed inside. This is useful so you don't have to find a bullet or shell after checking to see if your gun is loaded.

Jaiden

Post by Jaiden » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:27 pm

Dead mod is dead, I think.

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:17 pm

yup dead. Sorry everybody.

Suraru

Post by Suraru » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:05 am

Oh darn.

I wonder if it's proper to pick up the torch for this, using a cathedral modding view.

(Cathedral vs Parlor modding is simply all mods are the communities vs all mod are their owners. Here's an article.)

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:04 pm

go for it. I HIGHLY doubt he'd mind. If anything he'd likely be thrilled. I know I would, I love this game, and this is a fantastic mod. Lemme know if you decide to do anything with it.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:20 pm

Alright - Sorry guys but yeah this mod is no longer going to be touched by me. I know I promised a lot (sorry again) but I'm focused on other things, about to go to college and I unfortunately have completely lost interest. However I'm willing to share the project for anyone to work on or just play with. Here's a link to download the project, I was using version 4.0.0f7 of Unity when working on it. It's up to 1 day before the most recent release on this forum.

About the tutorial to add weapons, I put that off because explaining it is kind of a pain (probably needs a screen recording & voice over or a huge amount of text), it's pretty simple but I haven't felt like taking the time to remember how to do it (I haven't looked at the project in over a year). Just take a look at the prefabs for the weapons and try to notice the pattern between names of gameobjects and their positions/rotations (names of certain objects are required to be said names and get used for poses), or rather check the code for the action-specific names. Things like 'point_slide_pull' is the position the slide should be at when fully pulled back. Moving that object will adjust where the slide gets pulled to. Then look at the object named 'weapon_holder' or something that contains the prefabs for the guns that were added.

If you download the project feel free to take over and post it as your own, with or without credit. Or just take the models from it to use (Some models ripped from Red Orchestra 2 so best not to take those for your own non-Receiver project). Be warned that some code I've added may not be the cleanest, at the time I was still at a fairly basic level of programming, I know a lot more today than I did back then but I still have a long way to go. I wonder if I left any funny comments in there... I didn't bother to look at it at all before I started uploading it. Also, you'll find that there are a few weapon models in there that I didn't get around to setting up, one being the MKB-42 which you could find resting on a table in the range. Maybe someone else can set them up.

jackthearcher

Post by jackthearcher » Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:54 pm

Welp, I'm glad we have closure and a definitive answer. It was a good run, that's a wrap everybody.

NormanM7

Post by NormanM7 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:34 pm

Josh707 wrote:Alright
Thanks a lot for the awesome mod. I'd have left Receiver at only 30 or so hours clocked, but since downloading your content I've bumped it up to currently 119 hours. VERY fun and realistic (ballistically) game to play, except for the M1911A1 seeming to do more damage than the M1928A1 Thompson, but none the less, a lot of fun has been had. Hopefully someone else picks up where you left off, and although I'm sure many of us are disappointed that this project won't be worked on further, the end product (as it is currently) is fantastic. Took a very good and unique game, then made it even better. Wicked stuff! Especially when playing my drinking game with it :P Take a shot every time you get a tape, or if you don't want to get drunk TOO quickly, every two tapes!

Nomol

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

Post by Nomol » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:08 pm

What about doing a mac/linux port?

buffalojoe

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

Post by buffalojoe » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:12 am

i don't know coding but it truly is a must that someone picks this mod up. all we need imo is more areas/map cells; i drew concept art the other day, things like round buildings with courtyards in the middle, a double step area with a fountain, a scaffold area where building is in progress, a lab area with slanted windows, maybe another more condo like apartment block, maybe hote lcorridors with lots of doors own them... i'm spitballing on the fly now but you get the idea that these bland roftops we have are monotenous after a few hours. ooh! a boiler room! anyway, i'm sure that'd be within a days work for some of the highly skilled unit builders out there. thanks in advance for the great service you do to this game, who ever you be ;)