Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th 2014 (Discontinued)

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
demikaiser

Re: Weapon Additions - Updated Feb. 15th

Post by demikaiser » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:43 pm

Josh,

okay so I would LOVE to play this mod (i swear, Receiver is like my favorite game right now lol)
except i cant figure out how to get it all installed
I'm a little technologically impaired, so if you could do it in screenshots or something that would be great. also I'm having trouble with the original version of the game lagging pretty bad on my computer as is so i was wondering what kind of things you did to address lag, if any. (actually, will it be worth it to try for this mod if my computer is lagging out?)
but anyway i would really love to experience this for myself, its KILLING ME just to watch that thompson gif :cry:

thanks for whatever consideration i might get,
demikaiser

BloodyHarryRackham

Post by BloodyHarryRackham » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 pm

Hello everyone, I really like Reciver, but i feel like there's not enough weapons in it.
The reason im posting this is because there's an "app" on unity called "Gunstruction" Where you can build your own AR-15 (http://www.ar15.com/gunstruction/)
Wouldn't be cool if somebody could get all the 3D models from that and inplement them into reciver ( i realise it takes a good modder to do something like that)
Is it possible ? And if so, would it be hard ?

demikaiser

Post by demikaiser » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:52 pm

DumbForce wrote: Last but not least, I have a weapon request:
Add the Shambler (from Metro 2033 - not Last Light)!
Usually I wouldn't like to add some imaginary weapons into this game, but the loading sequence is awesome!
It is complicated, so I love it! I'd be looking forward to see this in this game, though probably not as highly detailed as in the game.

WOH
THAT GUN
ITS LIKE A
A LUGER REVOLVER SHOTGUN
MMMMMMMMMM
I would agree with your philosophy of not adding imaginary guns, but this...
its so hard to ignore...
:twisted:

willtell

Post by willtell » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:03 am

This.mod.rules.
I do, however have one question.
Is there a file I can delete to keep the standard main menu? I want to use this with joe's multiplayer, but I can't access the multiplayer functions after installing the mod.

Groenendael72

Post by Groenendael72 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:19 pm

Put in the AA-12

those bots don't stand a chance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOoUVeyaY_8

Seppe

Post by Seppe » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:55 pm

First of all, thanks for your mod, it adds a lot to the game to be able to shotgun those drones :)

Now to the issue; I don't know if it's me or the mod, but everytime I try to inspect the chamber of the Remington (T+R) I actually end up pulling AND releasing the slide (R) resulting in a perfectly useful shell flying out of the map. It may not seem like much, but it really frustrates me to not be able to check the chamber :(

Dchil

Post by Dchil » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:59 am

Do you think you could make Speed loaders for the revolver if you can figure out stripper clips?
Or the weapons selection menu use Check boxes, sometimes i want to play, but just not with a certain gun or only with 2 or 3 weapons which i want doled out randomly.
You could also use the stripper clip version of the C96 without the clips and just insert individual rounds like you have with the bolt action rifle.

And how about a bigger revolver? Say a 44 magnum?
Also what program do you use to make the models (except from the ones ported from Ro2).

God's Helix

Post by God's Helix » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:18 am

Has nobody seemed to notice that this mod hasn't been updated in over two months? I'm beginning to worry the mod may have some serious problems, or even worse, something may have happened to Josh. I hope this isn't the case.

Haydn

Post by Haydn » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:53 am

God's Helix wrote:Has nobody seemed to notice that this mod hasn't been updated in over two months? I'm beginning to worry the mod may have some serious problems, or even worse, something may have happened to Josh. I hope this isn't the case.
I have, although seeing the things that have happened to some people who frequently point out how long it's been since a mod updated on other forums I kept my mouth shut. Either way it has been a long time.

At least we don't have to worry about a receiver update breaking it XD

Tembrant

Post by Tembrant » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:22 am

Haydn wrote: I have, although seeing the things that have happened to some people who frequently point out how long it's been since a mod updated on other forums I kept my mouth shut. Either way it has been a long time.

At least we don't have to worry about a receiver update breaking it XD
Yeah, haha.........

moomoohk

Post by moomoohk » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:19 am

demikaiser wrote:Josh,

okay so I would LOVE to play this mod (i swear, Receiver is like my favorite game right now lol)
except i cant figure out how to get it all installed
I'm a little technologically impaired, so if you could do it in screenshots or something that would be great. also I'm having trouble with the original version of the game lagging pretty bad on my computer as is so i was wondering what kind of things you did to address lag, if any. (actually, will it be worth it to try for this mod if my computer is lagging out?)
but anyway i would really love to experience this for myself, its KILLING ME just to watch that thompson gif :cry:

thanks for whatever consideration i might get,
demikaiser
I would also appreciate some sort of detailed guide.

Vvanderfell

Post by Vvanderfell » Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:46 pm

In case Josh comes back, I have some sounds he, or anyone else can use if they so desire.
I recorded these from a non-firing replica of a P08 Luger with a 6" barrel. Everything on it works, but it doesn't fire.
https://www.mediafire.com/?ka5cet80fs6841z

To clear up any confusion on what the file names mean, I will describe what each file is a recording of. Let me also preface this with the fact that I don't know the proper term for the Luger's "action", I suppose it's called? I do a bit of shooting myself, but if I misused a term like, "chamber", "slide", or whatever else, please be gentle. I don't use many German pistols. :P

Dryfire is self explanatory. It's cocked and fired without a round.
The firing sound effects I actually got from a website. They were pretty clear and sounded alright, so I figured I would include them. I'd guess these were recorded in an indoor range, or something similar.
The fireaction files are me pumping some compressed air in the P08 so the action makes a full cycle. I didn't know how loud it would be, so I recorded them close, a little further away, and then a fair distance away. The further away it is, the more you can hear the air. :P
The firecustom files are just the firing sound effects, but I pasted over the fireaction_close file over all of them to get a slightly different sound. Both the firing and firecustom sounds sound pretty cool IMO, so I figured I would include both.
The magazine_in files were recorded with the action locked open. The magazine_out files are recordings of the magazines being released and quickly caught once they fell out of the weapon (also with the action open).
Safety_off and safety_on are just me switching the safety switch.
Slide_pullback_fromlock is the sound of me pulling back the slide from the locked position. The slide is already open since there is no ammo in the magazine, then I pull it back completely.
Slide_pullback_full is just me pulling the action back while it is completely closed. This can be used to check the chamber as well, I suppose.
Slide_release_locked is the sound of releasing the action when it had been pulled back completely, but it is stopped by the lock when there is no ammo in the magazine.
Slide_release is the action being released after being pulled back completely. In this case, the action completely closes instead of being stopped by the lock. I suppose this can also be used mid-way after checking the chamber as well.
Trigger_safetyon is me pulling the trigger while the safety is on.

Hopefully someone can use those. They will definitely need some noise removal since I don't have a padded studio to record these in, but they should still sound alright. I tried to do a bit myself, but they lose their slight echo, so I just left them be. I think Receiver adds echo in anyways, so I don't think any noise removal will hurt the sound that much.
If I missed anything let me know. :)

Barfowski

Post by Barfowski » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:23 pm

I just wanted to inform you of something small that I noticed with the revolver. Whenever I cock the hammer back and fire it, it seems to fire from 2 chambers clockwise, instead of the top-most one. It's been bugging me enough to post this, so I hope somebody else noticed this too. I noticed this because I like to keep the revolver with the hammer down on an empty cylinder, as a habit, sort of like a safety.

SgtxVortex

Post by SgtxVortex » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:20 pm

guys anyone know how to install the mod without errors please i use steam copy of game tired every update and no luck same error

HERE:-

ozforce

Post by ozforce » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Would it be possible to add a Sten gun or an MP40?

Edit: It's also really unfortunate that the old firing range from the first few updates is gone now, I really liked trying to matrix the taser bots in slowmotion while firing at them with a shotgun. Is it possible to add a re-done variant of that in an optional download so we can have either or just remove the firing range we have now and replace it back? The new firing range is really dull and boring, the other one was actually quite fun to play and tested your skills using the weapon.