Trackir with Receiver

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
rockraven500

Trackir with Receiver

Post by rockraven500 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:27 am

I'm trying to a little twist to the game by adding some raw head movement, but when i tried using the mouse emulation setting it didn't do anything. Why does receiver block emulated mice?

Josh707

Re: Trackir with Receiver

Post by Josh707 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:09 pm

Some quick googling led me to find that Unity doesn't support TrackIR by default, although there's a plugin available here if you want to try to implement it yourself. I don't have one and have no idea how it works so I couldn't do it myself, but I imagine it's not too complicated.

rockraven500

Post by rockraven500 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:45 am

Yeah, this looks like it's needed when compiling from the source code, which I don't have. I would also need to partially recode the game to allow for it to actually control anything, not just track movement. I also wouldn't have the skills as a programmer to do that even if I had the source code. Thanks for the effort, but maybe someone else has had some luck?

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:02 am

Honestly, though it would be cool, it seems that would be a bit too much work just for having some head movement.
If anyone does want to go through the effort to do that though, I certainly wouldn't complain. :P

rockraven500

Post by rockraven500 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:07 pm

Well no, if you've ever used a trackir, you know how much more immerse it can get. Remember it doesn't only track where you're looking, but where you are, so that means peeking around corners and subtle head movements that you didn't even know you were making.

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:08 am

I've been playing around with this for a bit, the result:

There's currently no public download, but it's fairly easy to implement if you know your way around unity.