Weapon Requests (ya dont have to make them if ya dun want XD

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Korban3

Re: Weapon Requests (ya dont have to make them if ya dun wan

Post by Korban3 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:50 am

Seeing as I just got one of these IRL a few weeks ago and it is the sexiest piece of weaponry I've touched to date, this guy would be a fun addition. Uses standard AR mags, 5.56 cailber, semi automatic, closed bolt operation, and you can view the chamber by lifting that little cover behind the rear sight. The rounds eject out of the front of the weapon. Mag change works like most weapons except the mag release isn't drop free. You actually have to pull the mag out yourself, which only lends itself to Receiver's mag eject button.
IRL, this thing needs a set of optics, but I wouldn't recommend them for Receiver. I'm putting a 4x optic on mine, and that's just too much for Receiver and wouldn't fit well anyways. I would stick with the back up iron sights built on. The rear one folds down, btw ;)
Not too powerful for Receiver and the non-military version doesn't have full auto, so it wouldn't be too OP.

If you do decide to do this guy, I'd be happy to work on some models for you, get reference photos of mine and make some videos of the operating mechanics up close.

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:09 am

Ha Nice rifle

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm

I fucking love this thing :D
It's super smooth, but the backup iron sights feel kind of low. I really have to press my face into the buttstock to get a good picture, so I'm pretty much dead set on getting some optics for it.

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 am

X3

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:47 am

That would be pretty cool! I'm open to adding pretty much whatever people want as long as I have a model available, so if you want to try then go ahead! Speaking of a plasma cartridge, some futuristic laser gun could be fun to use too...

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:18 am

Yeah haha

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:55 am

I'll start on that model tomorrow afternoon, when I'm home. Having the rifle physically there is really going to help.

Josh707

Post by Josh707 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:24 pm

Awesome, sounds good!

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:51 am

The magazine is not drop free because the magazine well has a rubber insert which acts as a gasket to seal the receiver when the mag is inserted, all to keep dirt from entering into the mechanisms.
If you are going to model it with ironsights, it would be best to avoid putting the ones that come with the rifle, because the rear sight has a very small apperture, it would make aiming in-game, very difficult. Any aftermarket sights (like those back up sights for the AR-15) would do the trick, or just make the rear sight apperture bigger.
The original FN scope for the rifle is not too bad, it only has 1.6x magnification, so it won't turn the gun into a sniper rifle. The scope itself is pretty small but it's protected by that plastic piece (which has back up sights molded on top).
Here's a pic of its reticle:

PS: Nice rifle. Congratulations!

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:25 pm

I might give the factory scope a go. If it doesn't work, I think I'll do what you said and just boost the aperture size on that rear sight.

ArgenGuy

Post by ArgenGuy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Korban3 wrote:I might give the factory scope a go. If it doesn't work, I think I'll do what you said and just boost the aperture size on that rear sight.
The reticle is pretty simple, if you look closely you'll notice that it's basically a modified german reticle #1, they just added that U notch that connects the two windage posts.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:10 pm

I'm a fan of quick-ranging sights, like these

I was trained on red-illuminated ones, chevron instead of the horseshoe, but the horseshoe one is good too. Optics I'm looking for my irl weapon have that reticle.

Matthehusky

Post by Matthehusky » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:43 am

i'm supprised that this post of mine has goten so many replys XD i only uploaded it as a simple idea of some of my fav weapons XD

thejohne94

Post by thejohne94 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:24 am

ArgenGuy wrote:That sawed-off lever action rifle is known as the Mare's leg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare%27s_Leg

While it's a cool weapon I would prefer to see a Winchester 1887 in 10 Gauge like the one that Arnold Schwarzenegger uses in Terminator 2.
I actually would like to see a double barrel shotgun. Anyone think a flare gun is good? Doesn't sound practical but some of those rooms are dark...

thejohne94

Post by thejohne94 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:38 pm

Actually, don't answer that. Dumb idea.

flaregun, what was I thinking?