Modding in levels-Coding

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Kendom

Modding in levels-Coding

Post by Kendom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:44 am

Yea... I've been modding around with the unity editor. I ain't a total newbie to coding since I'm a semi-beginner in GML language and just opened unity yesterday(I haven't had too much problems related in how to use it). I've added a new r_level or something similar that is basically a copy of 10 but with more props(Yes i made the props children of that same level). I've ran through the scrips for the level generation code but I came out empty. I'm just looking to add that level 11 to know exactly how it works.

On the longer run I'm planning to model some entirely new levels (planning to add a park with trees)
using cinema 4D. For that I want to know how to export from unity the current buildings to a file that cinema 4D can read so I have something to compare to when I model.

That was all the problems I came across till now. Please help.

Enemby

Re: Modding in levels-Coding

Post by Enemby » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:55 pm

(This is from memory of my knowledge from my attempt at making a mod)
You'll want to add that level to the generation script gameobject in the "Main" scene. The script has a list of levels that it picks from randomly to generate, that you can add your level to. (You'll need to add another 'resource' slot to add it, though)

Kendom

Post by Kendom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:54 pm

Thank you very much. It now actually added the level 11 to the mix :D. Whatever there still problem of exporting a mesh to a format that Cinema 4D can read.

Edit: Came across another problem. When I try to add robots. They always spawn instead of randomly and spawning in the same level as the player spawned. How do I fix this?

Enemby

Post by Enemby » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:32 pm

Could you make sure the level object you created has a "LevelScript" attached?

Receiver's 'random' generation(at least from the level's end) works by just spawning in all of the props/enemies/items and randomly deleting them, so that's how I think this is happening.

Kendom

Post by Kendom » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Thank you again. I've noticed that I've placed some turrets outside the enemy folder and in the code it only checks for the folder... yea...

So as of this moment I stock full of props a new level... It is looking cool!It generates in the game correctly with 0 problems! Going to start uploading as soon as I have around 3-5 of them.
Image I've been trying to get this photo for an hour but I kept being killed. Damn blind spots and tiny creaks.

I have yet to find a way to export meshes :(

Enemby

Post by Enemby » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Good to hear. :)

As for trying to get screenshots, there 'is' a god mode cheat:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15651