Graphics Issues on Ubuntu 13.10

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
eventingmonkey

Graphics Issues on Ubuntu 13.10

Post by eventingmonkey » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:11 am

I have been having two issues with Receiver on my setup:

1. The configuration window that asks for resolution and windowed/fullscreen mode does not appear on launch. When I launch the Windows version (using Steam running in WINE) the configuration window appears as expected. Here is a link to previous forum thread that breifly discussed the issue: "Won't fullscreen in Arch Linux" viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17148&p=182702&hil ... er#p182702.

2. When playing the game, I have a graphics issue where the city scene is shown over whatever is in front of me. This is an intermitten issue, but it occurs at some point each time I play the game. The issue persists when I launch the game from Steam and also when I launch the executible from the tarball. The issue does not persist when I run the Windows version (again, using Steam running in WINE) and put it in full screen mode. I tried taking a screenshot or screen capture, but the issue does not appear in the recording. Based on my experience with other games, I believe that putting the game into fullscreen mode will probably resolve the issue.

Are there any plans to get the configuration window on Linux?

My setup:
Mother board - MSI X79-GD65
CPU - Intel 3960K
RAM - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB
Graphics - Dual BFG Tech GTX 285 (SLI)
Storage - Dual Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB SSD (RAID 0)

Josh707

Re: Graphics Issues on Ubuntu 13.10

Post by Josh707 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:29 am

The resolution dialog for linux was not yet implemented in Unity when Receiver was released, and was just included in the latest 4.3 release, so you won't be able to get it unless you or someone rebuilds the game with Unity 4.3. As for the other issue, I have no idea what could be causing that..

Miranda

Re: Graphics Issues on Ubuntu 13.10

Post by Miranda » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:05 pm

Yup, same problem here. Does anyone know if someone else has made an updated build? I can't seem to find one.