some receiver bugs

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
Thomason1005

some receiver bugs

Post by Thomason1005 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:07 pm

i havent found a thread that collect all small bugs that people find, the all seem to have own threads

so here are some things i noticed while i was making a mod:
-safety on the 1911 cant be toggled when the hammer isnt pulled back
-slide cant be moved when safety is enabled
-doubletapping an inventory which has a mag in it inserts this straight into the gun, idk if this is a feature though
-hammer on the revolver cant be pulled while cylinder is open
-sometimes shells float around

has someone already done fixes for these?

UNHchabo

Re: some receiver bugs

Post by UNHchabo » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Thomason1005 wrote: -slide cant be moved when safety is enabled
This is how the 1911 works; the safety lever physically stops the slide from moving
Thomason1005 wrote:-doubletapping an inventory which has a mag in it inserts this straight into the gun, idk if this is a feature though
This one is a feature; currently in the GitHub code there's a line in the help saying: "Quick load magazine: double tap [button]"

AmorphousGamer

Post by AmorphousGamer » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:42 pm

Something I've noticed is that sometimes when you spawn with the Glock, the slide will start open. You take out the magazine to check if there's even any ammo in it, and then try to close the slide. A round pops out of the chamber (which, obviously, it shouldn't have been in there in the first place).

APsychonaut

Post by APsychonaut » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:24 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:Something I've noticed is that sometimes when you spawn with the Glock, the slide will start open. You take out the magazine to check if there's even any ammo in it, and then try to close the slide. A round pops out of the chamber (which, obviously, it shouldn't have been in there in the first place).
grabbed by the ejector, and held in limbo i'd say. same thing happens with the M1911.

Thomason1005

Post by Thomason1005 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:15 am

UNHchabo wrote: This is how the 1911 works; the safety lever physically stops the slide from moving
thats interesting, didnt knew that

i also noticed the inventory slots are too wide, so that the last ones arent on the screen anymore. might have to do sth with my resolution / aspect ratio though

UNHchabo

Post by UNHchabo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:57 pm

AmorphousGamer wrote:Something I've noticed is that sometimes when you spawn with the Glock, the slide will start open. You take out the magazine to check if there's even any ammo in it, and then try to close the slide. A round pops out of the chamber (which, obviously, it shouldn't have been in there in the first place).
I've fixed this bug here:
https://github.com/David20321/7DFPS/pull/11

The round gets chambered when the slide goes back currently; my fix changes it to chamber a round when the slide goes forward, as you would expect it to do.