Feature Request + some minor Bugs

The place to discuss all things Receiver.
James1337

Feature Request + some minor Bugs

Post by James1337 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:21 pm

My first question is: Is this game still in development?

If so, I'd like to report a few minor bugs that I noticed:
  • you are unable to drop your flashlight
  • if you already have a flashlight but are not using it you are able to pick up another flashlight that wastes inventory space
The feature request mentioned in the title would be an option in the settings menu to disable the "new" guns and the flashlight, so that it basically works like the RC5 version of the game.

PS: I absolutely love this game!

AmorphousGamer

Re: Feature Request + some minor Bugs

Post by AmorphousGamer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:25 pm

The game isn't technically currently in development. It's on the side as a thing that they would like to pick up later, but there's no promises.
Personally, I would be a very sad panda if this didn't get picked up later, but really it needs to be secondary to Overgrowth.

APsychonaut

Post by APsychonaut » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:26 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=18709
Josh707's mod should address both your concerns.
If you want to play the game in vanilla, just respawn until you get one of the vanilla guns :)
If you want to play it in SUPER vanilla, you can use a weapon spawn menu (as in, you spawn with said weapon) to force the M1911.
Beside some optimization and the ability to drop flashlights, it's still 1:1 with how you want it, though.

Good luck waking up!

James1337

Post by James1337 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:35 am

AmorphousGamer wrote:Personally, I would be a very sad panda if this didn't get picked up later, but really it needs to be secondary to Overgrowth.
APsychonaut wrote:If you want to play the game in vanilla, just respawn until you get one of the vanilla guns :)
I totally forgot about Overgrowth... I understand that it is more important than Receiver right now, these are just some minor things that I can work around pretty well, so I can still play the game without having problems or so. I don't hate the other weapons this much, it would just be a nice feature to be implemented sometime in the future.

Thanks for your answers.

Edit: Another interesting fact I would like to mention is that you are able to glitch yourself through (almost) every ceiling and many walls, which (for me) is one of the best and funniest features Receiver has to offer. :D (Seriously, please don't ever fix this.)

Gekko

Post by Gekko » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Figured I'd just post in this thread instead of starting a new one.

Hello. I was just gifted the game and gave it a spin. Seems interesting!

* The flashlight does not illuminate all surfaces. The game is pretty dark, and this problem makes some areas hard to navigate. Using GF 560 Ti with 320.57 drivers.
* When entering specific regions the game seems to load new content. The game should probably stop simulating the world while this happens - a few times I kept walking while the game froze for loading and ended up dying.
* You should always start with a flashlight. I started in a dark area and couldn't see a thing, then fell to my death.
* Keyboard layout is messed up on non-American keyboards. The help screen doesn't seem to update based on keyboard mapping which made the game a bit confusing at first. Keys like ? and / didn't seem to work before I went to input settings in the launcher and changed them to something else.