Having finally completed a run in Receiver 2 I've thought a bit about suggestions for additional weapons to be included in later patches.
The game is focused on sidearms so I'm not going to be suggesting long guns. Furthermore I think the game works best with guns that are widely available on the civilian market, based on the Receiver Cult's underground nature and the inclusion of inexpensive weapons like the Hi Point in the current game (The Desert Eagle does toe the line though). Therefore:
1. Some sort of .22lr target pistol like the Ruger MkI-IV. .22 Long Rifle is the most common ammo type on the market but isn't represented in the current game, and having a pistol capable of accurate shots at long distance but lacking in power could fill an interesting niche.
2. Browning High Power. The game already has a lot of 9mm doublestacks, but the High Power's original target sights, adjustable up to 500m would make for a cool new mechanic (fiddling with sight calibration is fun activity in the Red Orchestra series) and allow for some very long range shots, even if accuracy at such ranges is unlikely.
3. Intratec TEC-9 (Or KG-9), which may or may not be converted to full auto (yes these were sold as pistols). The TEC-9 has a lot of infamy and interesting history that could make for some cool tapes, but its predecessor the KG-9 is open bolt, which both makes full auto conversion a lot easier, and is a unique type of action not otherwise represented in game. A full auto conversion of either gun would make for some interesting gameplay, since unlike the Glock's auto sear the gun probably wouldn't be able to switch back to semi.
4. Smith and Wesson Model 27 or 29. I was expecting one of these before the Desert Eagle appeared. Nevertheless having a revolver in a heftier cartridge (unless the SAA is firing those really hefty modern .45LC loads) and a greater probability of getting a gun able to punch through the armored turrets could be useful. There's also a lot of potential history to go into for how the original magnum cartridges were developed.
Theres also a few guns that I don't think wouldn't necessarily fit the game's context, but might make for some interesting gameplay.
1. FN Five-Seven. Having twenty bullets per magazine is a plus, and the high penetration but low stopping power rounds could make for an interesting contrast with the Desert Eagle (Probably less likely to knock a drone over). Its a bit on the expensive side but the Desert Eagle is even more so so you could argue it would fit in with the above choices.
2. HK MK-23 Mod 0. This is another gun with a lot of fun history behind it, and gives the player another thing to play around with in the form of the laser aiming module, but its not a gun thats readily available.
3. FP-45 Liberator: Hard Mode.
4. Zip-22: Extra Hard Mode.
The place to discuss all things Receiver.
1 post • Page 1 of 1