Desperate Gods Modding issue

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Apoc

Desperate Gods Modding issue

Post by Apoc » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:13 am

So when I copy all the source of the project into a Unity project (previously been emptied) I build the game, everything runs fine. When I then flip and card or zoom into the board the graphical glitches occur just like when alt-tabbing out of the normal game in fullscreen.

Great game by the way, plan to create loads of mods for it :D

seiseki

Re: Desperate Gods Modding issue

Post by seiseki » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:44 am

I've heard it's because you need Unity Pro.. :(
I have the same problem..

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:41 am

You should be able to stop this by deleting the shadow projector thingy. It's a game object named "ShadowCamera"

Apoc

Post by Apoc » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:55 am

SteelRaven7 wrote:You should be able to stop this by deleting the shadow projector thingy. It's a game object named "ShadowCamera"
Thanks that fixed one of the graphical bugs but the card rendering/tiles is still bugged

SteelRaven7

Post by SteelRaven7 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:09 pm

Apoc wrote:
SteelRaven7 wrote:You should be able to stop this by deleting the shadow projector thingy. It's a game object named "ShadowCamera"
Thanks that fixed one of the graphical bugs but the card rendering/tiles is still bugged

Have you tried restarting unity after deleting said game object? Might be worth a try.

If that doesn't work I suppose David could've used render to texture, a pro only feature for the cards. In that case, they won't work in the free version unless that prefab is redone from scratch which shouldn't be all that hard.

Met48

Post by Met48 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:50 pm

Yeah, I was only able to get this working once I started the Unity Pro trial. All the cards and tiles rely on RenderTexture. If you run it and pause you'll find "CardBakeObject(Clone)" and "Tile(Clone)", which are created as part of the game initialization and used to create every tile/card material.

There's also some graphical glitch with the rest of the board that fixes itself in pro (maybe a custom shader?) and tile rendering breaks when upgrading to Unity 4 (fixed by changing TileManagerScript's initialization method to Start, although I don't know if there are any other implications).

Ogre Samanosuke

Post by Ogre Samanosuke » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 am

I really hope David will fix this, as it's really going to kill modding potential if you can only compile in the pro version. I'm not about to shell out $1500 to mod a game, and I'm not gonna resort to piracy for it either.