[Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Lexusex

Re: [Mod] Re-interface [Updated 26/11/12 008] Direct connect

Post by Lexusex » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:49 am

Much appreciated mod, thanks for this, makes games much more fluid and fast. Shame there are server incompatibilities.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:37 am

Lexusex wrote:Much appreciated mod, thanks for this, makes games much more fluid and fast. Shame there are server incompatibilities.
I'm actually thinking I made that choice too fast, but I'm still testing, any results from others are extremly welcome!
seiseki wrote:There's quite a heavy margin when using fullscreen 1080p. But none at the top.
There's also no margin in-game, I can show you a quick mockup of what I meant.
[+] img
If you're wondering if I can completely remove those black lines, the answer, I'm afraid is no.
Well, I can, and I tried, but the result is that the board doesn't fit in the screen anymore, which is exactly why wolfire did it, though, I am looking for a alternative though.(For specifics, the game's aspect ratio is made to always be 16:10)

Valforte

Post by Valforte » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:56 am

Will you be releasing the source to you mods? I already made a custom mod with all the mouse controls you have, but I'm really interested in adding the direct connect to my project, as I am working on creating new board games with the engine and the direct connect will help using them without connecting to master server.

seiseki

Post by seiseki » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:58 am

Nah I don't mean removing the blacklines. I assume you mean the letter boxing which occurs in some resolutions.

I meant spacing the gui elements and text so that there's a margin. So it doesn't run all the way to the edge.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:10 am

seiseki wrote:Nah I don't mean removing the blacklines. I assume you mean the letter boxing which occurs in some resolutions.

I meant spacing the gui elements and text so that there's a margin. So it doesn't run all the way to the edge.
Oh, some extra margin, that makes sense, yeah.
I can do that, I'm working on the GUI in the next update anyway~

Together with a solution to those who wanna try out the modded to normal game connectiong(Give them the options =D)
Valforte wrote:Will you be releasing the source to you mods? I already made a custom mod with all the mouse controls you have, but I'm really interested in adding the direct connect to my project, as I am working on creating new board games with the engine and the direct connect will help using them without connecting to master server.
Not anytime soon, no. I can however share the direct ip code, if you want, but let me explain to you how it's done instead, since it's fairly easy to do.

Simply make a text box, for the ip, and give it a variable, add the button that connects to that variable using a custom function, which uses Network.Connect, make sure to set the state and such. But Network.Connect is all you really need(it uses the arguments IP, Port, Password, port should be 25000)

Valforte

Post by Valforte » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am

Vonkie wrote:Not anytime soon, no. I can however share the direct ip code, if you want, but let me explain to you how it's done instead, since it's fairly easy to do.

Simply make a text box, for the ip, and give it a variable, add the button that connects to that variable using a custom function, which uses Network.Connect, make sure to set the state and such. But Network.Connect is all you really need(it uses the arguments IP, Port, Password, port should be 25000)
I'll try to recreate this script when I get home from work. I have a long time experience with Unity but I never used anything Network-based (both in Unity or other programing languages), so I am still kind of lost in this area. If I can't manage to get this to work I'll ask you the code, but your explanation was very clear and I hope I can do it, thank you!

Vonkie

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [Updated 26/11/12 009] Biggest update

Post by Vonkie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Valforte wrote:I'll try to recreate this script when I get home from work. I have a long time experience with Unity but I never used anything Network-based (both in Unity or other programing languages), so I am still kind of lost in this area. If I can't manage to get this to work I'll ask you the code, but your explanation was very clear and I hope I can do it, thank you!
Good luck then! As I said, I have no problem giving the code, if you need it, but it's easy, and it's good to learn, send me a PM if you can't do it for some reason though.
seiseki wrote:I meant spacing the gui elements and text so that there's a margin. So it doesn't run all the way to the edge.
Done~

Vonkie

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [26/11/12 - 010] Your own cards!

Post by Vonkie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Update!
And it's a neat one. Let's see what these people can do!

Make your own cards now, I'll write a tutorial soon...

Amuse

Post by Amuse » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:48 pm

Very very cool. I've been modding the game myself, but mostly gameplay elements rather than actual function like you seem to have been doing.

You probably already have this planned, but enabling the tiles to be changed externally like you did with the cards would be cool.

Do the card values sync across the server? I'm assuming it would sync up to the host's text file, otherwise that could be a pain to have to transfer the cards file around to the people you play with.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:56 pm

Amuse wrote:You probably already have this planned, but enabling the tiles to be changed externally like you did with the cards would be cool.
I have a lot more planned on modability, but I'm first gonna fine-tune this one.
But yes! Expect me to allow most textures to change... though, the board isn't quite as easy.
Amuse wrote:Do the card values sync across the server? I'm assuming it would sync up to the host's text file, otherwise that could be a pain to have to transfer the cards file around to the people you play with.
I'm afraid not, it is gonna be tedious, but I am working on a new update that will change it at least a bit.
Though, having said that, it is something I do wanna look into, not gonna sync the textures, but perhaps I can send the cards.txt over.

White Bear

Post by White Bear » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:48 am

Can you get the total of silver coins to 16 (4 for each player) so there won't be any chance of need for substitutes.
Also can you up the grab height a bit so you cant hit pieces or decks when rolling dices.
also muti-grabbing coins like dice would be neat :3

EDIT: Also having extra deck for staring character traits would be interesting addition.
Possibly replace the leather things or increase the size of those things to include extra card space.

Examples:
-Two extra life points but one less item space. (would require to mod in extra life counters)
-Extra gold on monster defeat but your victory points at the end of game is reduced by 4.
-On player kill, you may steal item instead of gold.
-Sell items at full price instead of half.
-Your money count towards your victory points.

EDIT2: Further more, can you unlock the table graphics to enable possible graphical edits to be done without unity. (we need to get more clearer what deck is what section of the board and possible edits on the game board itself.

EDIT3: Simple extra deck for house rule cards would be nice too. (so you can use that for example set up character traits, or victory conditions.)

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:08 am

White Bear wrote:Can you get the total of silver coins to 16 (4 for each player) so there won't be any chance of need for substitutes.
Also can you up the grab height a bit so you cant hit pieces or decks when rolling dices.
also muti-grabbing coins like dice would be neat :3
Silver coin thing is on it's way, I'm gonna make it so that you can add coins when you need extra.
White Bear wrote:EDIT: Also having extra deck for staring character traits would be interesting addition.
Possibly replace the leather things or increase the size of those things to include extra card space
Not sure, this would be more of changing the game's rules, which is not exactly my plan. I might think about it, though
White Bear wrote:EDIT2: Further more, can you unlock the table graphics to enable possible graphical edits to be done without unity. (we need to get more clearer what deck is what section of the board and possible edits on the game board itself.
Definitly working on it, don't expect it immediately, but I will try to make it happen.
White Bear wrote:EDIT3: Simple extra deck for house rule cards would be nice too. (so you can use that for example set up character traits, or victory conditions.)
Again, feels like editing the game's rules. But perhaps allowing at least one extra deck to setup yourself in your own cards.txt would be enough so people can make this one happen themselves.

seiseki

Post by seiseki » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:29 am

For house rules and official rules too.
I'd suggest adding an interface that just displays a .txt from the hosts game folder.
And also displaying the official rules in the same manner.

That way you can just create your own rules for everyone to see.

scarecrow

Post by scarecrow » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:35 pm

Is it possible to open up the board graphic so it can externally loaded?

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:15 pm

scarecrow wrote:Is it possible to open up the board graphic so it can externally loaded?
Yes and no, the board is a 3D object, set up by the game itself, and it's a bit limited what I can do with that. However, I can allow people to change textures, like the background and the look of the tiles(e.g. the town)
Never mind! I can allow a board to change textures for apparently quite a bit! So yes!
The size of it is another deal though...

Further more, and I'm working on that after this update, I can allow people to setup their own board by moving the tiles wherever they want to!(it will be similar to the cards.txt that I already allowed to be edited, and soon shared!)
seiseki wrote:For house rules and official rules too.
I'd suggest adding an interface that just displays a .txt from the hosts game folder.
And also displaying the official rules in the same manner.

That way you can just create your own rules for everyone to see.
Yes! I'd love to do that, one problem is that sharing gamefiles gets really hard without the use of an external webserver, especially if the files are bigger then 4KB, which isn't a lot...

However, I am working on an alternative using pastebin, it's just gonna get annoying with it's limits... Though I have more ideas in mind how to do it, so, expect this feature, just not too soon.

The next update is fairly big, and allows cards.txt mod sharing(In-game), however, aiming for the future mod possibilities. I plan to change the format, so don't get too used to it.