[Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
White Bear

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [26/11/12 - 011] BETA: Your own MODS!

Post by White Bear » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:17 am

Card lacks the skull, dice and coin icons.
Also card backs don't work at all.

suggestion for debuggin. have there be blank image, with text telling "cannot find /path/folder/42.png"

EDIT:
The tints if made gray shades work just fine, colors remain the default that way but you can change the shape in case you want to change the lay out.

EDIT2:
Bump map still attached. Can we get rid of it?

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:10 pm

Hey Vonkie, this mod is really great and you have added so much so quickly, thank you! I posted some simple things i would really like added on twitter but thought i would put them here as well:

-The ability to change the colour of the player cursors
-The ability to change the colour of the player names
-The ability to pick up multiple silver coins like dice (may have been suggested)
-The ability to lock down the menus so that players do not add dice etc. or change the password
-The ability to edit the number next to the player names on the left (I realise this number represents at what time that player joined but it is useless, if editable it could be used to keep track of skull points)
-Could you put a colourless player piece model in the toybox menu to be used as a turn marker, to keep track of whose turn it is?

Thank you very much, look forward to hearing if you are able to do any of these things, any attempt would be hugely appreciated. Thank you again!!

Also you should drop by the wolfire IRC sometime it is usually active and it would be awesome to hear about your views on the game!

Dinjoralo

Post by Dinjoralo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:38 pm

I'm pretty sure that there's a fifth kind of player piece in the game, unused. Isn't that in the spawner? I'm not at my home computer right now, so I can't check.

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:03 pm

It isn't in the toybox spawner menu that vonkie has added in the latest version.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:21 pm

Yuri Melo wrote:Do not have a downloadable version for MAC?
And can change the text of the board?
Please, try this ! :)
You can change the board.txt to edit it's text! Yes!
If you wish, you can make it empty so no text loads at all, this way you can put the text into the board textures themselves(because you don't have the fixed location then.)

And about MAC? I honestly don't know if I can... I can try to build and let you test, but I have no possibility to test it out myself.
White Bear wrote:Card lacks the skull, dice and coin icons.
Also card backs don't work at all.
Yeah and no, I simply added the wrong(skullless) texture in the example, you can find the right one in the official source, once I get the time(soonish, if not later today, then tomorrow) I'll replace it.
Did you read the readme for the back, add them only from 1-6, if you wanna go higher, lower numbers MUST exist(it doesn't load 11 if 10 doesn't exist, and it doesn't load 10 if 9 doesn't exist etc.) If that doesn't work indeed, then I'll look into it again.

EDIT: Okay, quickly did some testing, yeah, if you go above 6, for some reason it acts strange, this is why it's beta, I guess, I'll be trying to fix this then!
White Bear wrote:suggestion for debuggin. have there be blank image, with text telling "cannot find /path/folder/42.png"
Hmm, might look into that, AFTER fixing stuffs...
White Bear wrote:EDIT:
The tints if made gray shades work just fine, colors remain the default that way but you can change the shape in case you want to change the lay out.
EDIT2:
Bump map still attached. Can we get rid of it?
Thank you for testing that out, wasn't sure at all. And yes, you can add a file_bump.png file to most files, including a dice_bump, but weird things happen with the light, debugging now though
If you want no bump map, simply add a 1x1 png bump file, it will do the job.
Bluesnake4 wrote:1 -The ability to change the colour of the player cursors
2 -The ability to change the colour of the player names
3 -The ability to pick up multiple silver coins like dice (may have been suggested)
4 -The ability to lock down the menus so that players do not add dice etc. or change the password
5 -The ability to edit the number next to the player names on the left (I realise this number represents at what time that player joined but it is useless, if editable it could be used to keep track of skull points)
6 -Could you put a colourless player piece model in the toybox menu to be used as a turn marker, to keep track of whose turn it is?
1 - 2. I've been working on that before, yes, I should be able to, but it kind of has a background priority as of now.
3 - 4. This should actually be in the latest version 011 BETA. The multiple coin thing works a bit different though, I'm gonna fix this, but I had some trouble with that, this is currently the easiest fix. But normally only the host should be able to change the password/add items. Though, this hasn't been tested too much.
5. This number is the player id, mostly for the server, so I can make it disappear if you want. I do like the sound of finding a way to track points like that. Probably not this specific number though(might add chat commands)
6. well, you can spawn in an extra health token for that? But I can allow the cleric to spawn(That extra player piece) We shall see, first bug fixing!
Last edited by Vonkie on Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:31 pm

Thank you ery much for the response! Looking forward to the cursor colour and name colour changing when it comes. Also the multiple coins thing doesnt work the way i expected it to and couldnt find out how to get it to work? Would be awesome if we could spawn in this 'cleric' the health point marker as a turn marker is kind of awkward. Keep up the fantastic work vonkie!

Yuri Melo

Post by Yuri Melo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:25 pm

And about MAC? I honestly don't know if I can... I can try to build and let you test, but I have no possibility to test it out myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, try and I and other users of MAC will to test for you, this will be slow, but will have a version for Mac also..

Tanks.

White Bear

Post by White Bear » Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

Could it technically be possible to add as many deck as you want on the background. (like the "unused" deck) that could then be loaded from a menu.
Setting up coordinates at the spawn by modders might be issue for extra decks but having game give extra menu items for that might be good solution.
So like your toy box, having "decks" button with under it the default decks with "Wildreness, Dungeon Lvl 1, Dungeon Lvl 2" etc. and then rest of the decks mentioned in cards.txt even if you don't spawn them by default.
This could be used to add possible extra length to the game but also my idea later is to add treasure decks of different tier for harder encounters and difficult terrain.

Enricksolt

Post by Enricksolt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:49 pm

I've to report two things:
1 - Remove the thing that you can pick up coins like dies, is not usefull and it is really annoying
2 - If you pick up a deck and then right click, the deck will be turned and also stirred

Dinjoralo

Post by Dinjoralo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but what is Stirring? I presume that means "Card flipping over to face you"?
And yeah, I can confirm that the normal mapping is dodgy, at least with the dice. I tried using a scaled down version of the normal map from the source on Github, and the lighting's really weird. Is that something about Unity, or is it possibly fixable?

Oh, and an idea for moving multiple coins: What if you picked up one coin, and then you picked up more at once by "tapping" it on other coins?

Enricksolt

Post by Enricksolt » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:36 pm

Dinjoralo wrote:I'm sorry if I sound dumb, but what is Stirring? I presume that means "Card flipping over to face you"?
The deck get shuffle as soon as it turns face up\down
Dinjoralo wrote:Oh, and an idea for moving multiple coins: What if you picked up one coin, and then you picked up more at once by "tapping" it on other coins?
I like that, it can be useful in this way.

Djemps

Post by Djemps » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:49 pm

Dinjoralo wrote: Oh, and an idea for moving multiple coins: What if you picked up one coin, and then you picked up more at once by "tapping" it on other coins?

I've been thinking about the same issue. I posted my ideas on the topic over HERE.

Krej

Post by Krej » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:30 pm

Hello I just treid this mod now with my friends cause on of them made some costum cards. and thats the only reason ever in my life we use this. Just wanna say something is fked up with this mod.. the feeling is terrible did you fiddle with the physics and stuff? All we'd ever want is new cards can you disable everything else that is changed ? Terrible feel. good job thou

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Enricksolt wrote:I've to report two things:
1 - Remove the thing that you can pick up coins like dies, is not usefull and it is really annoying
2 - If you pick up a deck and then right click, the deck will be turned and also stirred
1 - I can see why, but a lot of people wanted it. However, Dinjoralo's idea is certainly doable, and might indeed be a better solution.
2 - I noticed this, it has been fixed. It will be in the next update.
Dinjoralo wrote:And yeah, I can confirm that the normal mapping is dodgy, at least with the dice. I tried using a scaled down version of the normal map from the source on Github, and the lighting's really weird. Is that something about Unity, or is it possibly fixable?
Okay, this is indeed the main bug of the BETA, I'm fully aware of it.
Whether this can be fixed is yet to be seen, however, I am on the right trail, and I did find an alternative for both the lighting bug and normal mapping bug, which, in a sense will disable the normal mapping. So, I will keep looking for a solution, if I cannot find anything within a certain timespan, it will be released using this alternative.

The bug seems to be that it tries to render the same shader twice, or not render a required additional material when it gets a new texture.

Do keep in mind, what you make now will be compatible with future versions, you'll just have to wait till then before it actually looks good, I'm afraid.
Krej wrote:Hello I just treid this mod now with my friends cause on of them made some costum cards. and thats the only reason ever in my life we use this. Just wanna say something is fked up with this mod.. the feeling is terrible did you fiddle with the physics and stuff? All we'd ever want is new cards can you disable everything else that is changed ? Terrible feel. good job thou
Odd for you to say, perhaps you connected to an non-modded host, it's not very compatible with those. Does this "weird game feel" happen with a local game aswell? All I can imagine is the compatibility bug.

Dinjoralo

Post by Dinjoralo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Vonkie wrote: I can see why, but a lot of people wanted it. However, Dinjoralo's idea is certainly doable, and might indeed be a better solution.
Oh, goody! And thanks for noticing!
Do keep in mind, what you make now will be compatible with future versions, you'll just have to wait till then before it actually looks good, I'm afraid.
I kinda figured that. Drag und drop, they're all just dot-PNG's anyways.
Also, a minor nitpick, incredibly minor, I probably shouldn't even bring it up, but can the height an object goes when grabbed be set per object? I feel that the player tokens go a bit too high now.