[Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Frah

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [26/11/12 - 011] BETA: Your own MODS!

Post by Frah » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:07 pm

I love what you've done with the card editing, but could you please add a way to disable mouse controls or at the very least the zoom? The scroll wheel zoom bugged out the actual zoom key and it only works for me now by holding another mouse button then pressing Z.

Frah

Post by Frah » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Vonkie wrote:
Krej wrote:Hello I just treid this mod now with my friends cause on of them made some costum cards. and thats the only reason ever in my life we use this. Just wanna say something is fked up with this mod.. the feeling is terrible did you fiddle with the physics and stuff? All we'd ever want is new cards can you disable everything else that is changed ? Terrible feel. good job thou
Odd for you to say, perhaps you connected to an non-modded host, it's not very compatible with those. Does this "weird game feel" happen with a local game aswell? All I can imagine is the compatibility bug.
I can attest to this in a local game. I'm not a fan of the mouse wheel controls, since it seems they broke regular Z zooming unless holding down another mouse button, and would like to have a way to toggle those. In terms of the actual cards, something just seems off about them when any deck mod is loaded (default is fine). I've tried testing them and they don't always stack as readily as in default and when it comes to randomly piling them, tapping a card on them clips through the entire pile. Is that some sort of issue with adding cards beyond what is supported or something?

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:30 am

I did notice that they went quite high would be nice if you could adjust it for the player pieces im pleased that you made wverything else pick up to a greater height though! Thanks again vonkie

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:35 am

Frah wrote:I can attest to this in a local game. I'm not a fan of the mouse wheel controls, since it seems they broke regular Z zooming unless holding down another mouse button, and would like to have a way to toggle those. In terms of the actual cards, something just seems off about them when any deck mod is loaded (default is fine). I've tried testing them and they don't always stack as readily as in default and when it comes to randomly piling them, tapping a card on them clips through the entire pile. Is that some sort of issue with adding cards beyond what is supported or something?
I haven't noticed the Z key bug, I haven't ever pressed it after I changed it, but that's definitely a bug! And I'm gonna fix it for the next update, sorry for not noticing(The right mouse button works for zooming too, when not holding anything.)

EDIT: Fixed, and coming in the next update, it was an oversight of myself, the idea was that the zoom key would still work when holding a anything, where the right key button requires you to not hold anything to work. It works fine now, so just hold on till the next update.)

The mod thing is still fairly untested, and is still under construction, please hang on. The game isn't made for that, after all... But I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Any chance you could lend me the mod where this happens? Might help me with testing.

Enricksolt

Post by Enricksolt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:20 am

Found another bug, when you use the "Restart Game" while using custom resources, sometime it will work and other time don't, all the decks and items are gone.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:22 am

Enricksolt wrote:Found another bug, when you use the "Restart Game" while using custom resources, sometime it will work and other time don't, all the decks and items are gone.
Custom textures? Or custom cards.txt/board.txt?

White Bear

Post by White Bear » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:33 am

I think the issue, with restart not working, is when toy-box is used with while custom resources is used. Not sure what resources and what items.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:03 pm

White Bear wrote:I think the issue, with restart not working, is when toy-box is used with while custom resources is used. Not sure what resources and what items.
I did some testing, it seems to me that it happens when the game is restarted for the second time. Rather then anything else...

EDIT: Fixed, waiting in next update, strange error that happened there o.o

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:28 pm

Just wanted to say it's great that you are keeping us updated! Looking forward to the official build!

Frah

Post by Frah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:08 pm

Vonkie wrote: I haven't noticed the Z key bug, I haven't ever pressed it after I changed it, but that's definitely a bug! And I'm gonna fix it for the next update, sorry for not noticing(The right mouse button works for zooming too, when not holding anything.)

EDIT: Fixed, and coming in the next update, it was an oversight of myself, the idea was that the zoom key would still work when holding a anything, where the right key button requires you to not hold anything to work. It works fine now, so just hold on till the next update.)

The mod thing is still fairly untested, and is still under construction, please hang on. The game isn't made for that, after all... But I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: Any chance you could lend me the mod where this happens? Might help me with testing.
Glad you were able to fix the Z key, I was afraid it would be a side-effect of the scroll wheel being activated. Hopefully you'll be able to polish the mod thing, it looks like it has a lot of promise with how you've presented it. I would have PM'd a link to the mod but apparently I'm not authorised for that. Download link is here. Unless I screwed something up, all that I've changed is some text on the vanilla cards and then added one new card to the Tier 3 and Gear decks.

Enricksolt

Post by Enricksolt » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm

I don't want to be such a pain in the ass, but, could you rework the collision of the coins a bit? Like they act as a diamond, so they will not stay balanced on the side, because it's happens to often.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Frah wrote:Glad you were able to fix the Z key, I was afraid it would be a side-effect of the scroll wheel being activated. Hopefully you'll be able to polish the mod thing, it looks like it has a lot of promise with how you've presented it. I would have PM'd a link to the mod but apparently I'm not authorised for that. Download link is here. Unless I screwed something up, all that I've changed is some text on the vanilla cards and then added one new card to the Tier 3 and Gear decks.
Yeah, the Z key thing was my fault, I'm sorry about that. It had more to do with the fact that you can change the input keys now.

I'm working hard on polishing the mod, and I hope to get it ready in the next update, if not, I'll use my for mentioned alternative.

I'm not sure what you mean with the cards not stacking properly, I didn't notice this... But I did see the clip through when tapping, and I've been able to fix that!
Enricksolt wrote:I don't want to be such a pain in the ass, but, could you rework the collision of the coins a bit? Like they act as a diamond, so they will not stay balanced on the side, because it's happens to often.
I know what you mean, it will get on my todo list, but don't expect it soon, there are a few other priorities above that.

Notmog

Post by Notmog » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:58 pm

Hey Vonkie, I registered to this forum to thank you for your incredible mod.
I've made over 50 new cards to play with my friends on campus and it has been an overwhelmingly positive experience. Without your mod, I wouldn't have been able to have this much fun. Thanks!

Frah

Post by Frah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:23 pm

Vonkie wrote:I'm working hard on polishing the mod, and I hope to get it ready in the next update, if not, I'll use my for mentioned alternative.

I'm not sure what you mean with the cards not stacking properly, I didn't notice this... But I did see the clip through when tapping, and I've been able to fix that!
Oh okay, I probably wasn't doing it right then but good that the tapping issue was fixable! Totally appreciate what you've been doing here, my sentiments are the same as the guy above me.

Vonkie

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [01/12/12 - 012] Your own mods!

Post by Vonkie » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Notmog wrote:Hey Vonkie, I registered to this forum to thank you for your incredible mod.
I've made over 50 new cards to play with my friends on campus and it has been an overwhelmingly positive experience. Without your mod, I wouldn't have been able to have this much fun. Thanks!
Thank you very much! I do my best. I'm not an expert programmer, after all.
Frah wrote:Oh okay, I probably wasn't doing it right then but good that the tapping issue was fixable! Totally appreciate what you've been doing here, my sentiments are the same as the guy above me.
Well, see if it is better in this version? And thank you all. I'm happy to see so many people liking this mod. This version should do much better!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have some sleeping to catch up~