[Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
Dinjoralo

Re: [Mod] Vonkie's mod [04/12/12 - 013] Your own mods!

Post by Dinjoralo » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:29 am

I know this topic is totally dead, but I just thought that I'd say, I found a way to fix the weird bump map issues.The whole image has to have an alpha value of 127. A simple way to do this for me would be to open up the bump map in Paint.NET, go to the layer properties, set the opacity to 127, and then save it. Here's a picture of some higher resolution dice with and without a bump map.
Have a nice day.

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:19 am

Thanks. Keep coming back to desperate gods with a couple of friends and it would be nice if wolfire did pick the game up again at some point. Especially since when it was released as a gamejam prototype it still had such a great community reception!

Sashraan

Post by Sashraan » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:14 pm

I really wish Vonkie would return and keep working on this mod! ):
Me and my friends have come up with a D&D-ish inspired game set in modern times, and I wanted to mod the game to use different player models and possibly different size maps and grids..

Is there any hope that our code-crunching goddess Vonkie will return?
It's almost been a year since the last update, but.. one can hope, can he not?

Is there any valiant hero that would like to pick up and continue this mod ???

Feel free to email me if so, I'd be glad to help in whichever way I can, even though I'm not a coder.

[email protected]

Tons of love to you all (and special thanks to Vonkie! :) )

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:31 pm

Well have you tried contacting her via twitter? I used to give her update requests there! But I would love to see someone make exactly what you are talking about though. Like d20 done using the desperate gods engine. I have a lot of experience with unity but not in mod development. I would help out though.

Vonkie

Post by Vonkie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:36 pm

Hai everyone! I'm still alive.

Now, it's been a while of course. I have been following this thread the whole time though.
Making me feel guilty whenever posts popped up asking for updates. :(

So, let me explain the story quickly, and what I plan on doing now:
After quite some modding, I eventually reached the point where I wanted a little break.
Now this break kind of prolonged with more and more stuff coming in it's place.
And of course, the longer the project was put off, the harder it was to pick back up again.

To make matters worse, I had my PC upgraded at some point, and hard drives and their data got moved around.
Which results in me now being unable to find the source in my mess of a folder system...
Or in the worst it might have fallen victim to accidental deletion.

As of right now, I'm looking on my hard drives for it. And I'll let you know if I do find it.
And if I do, I will release it open-source, at many peoples request.
(Beware of a mess of a code, however! :oops: )

Now, I did want to redo the project from scratch some time now, neater and more optimized.
However, I was kind of waiting for an official update to do so. But Wolfire has other projects to attend to.

Anyway, I have decided, and now will officially announce: This project will come to a stop, whether I find the source or not!
The code was too messy, the modding thing felt buggy, and there were just too many problems that I don't think I can fix without a rewrite anyway.

On the other hand: coding this was a lot of fun, and the small community here has been very welcoming of my work.
So, while I won't promise anything, I would love to get back at coding, and perhaps indeed redo the whole project.
I will let you know in a new thread if I do! I will try to keep that code neat, and open-source.

I wish every other new modder luck and fun! And every player of course too~ :wink:

Bluesnake4

Post by Bluesnake4 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:03 am

It's brilliant that you have still been thinking about this and following updates! Thank you. Hopefully you find the code to release as open source for other modders. Would love to see you take another shot at the mod but I think we all understand you are a busy person. Good luck finding the files!