The Trolling Issue

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
AwesomeSuperballs

The Trolling Issue

Post by AwesomeSuperballs » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 pm

Is it necessary to have these open servers? Why not give priority to the mod. I mean, it's not like it helps a mechanic, and if I want to play with strangers I have to consider that I probably won't finish the game due to a troll. So please add some admin mechanics to shut out trolls and such.
Thank you.

ozforce

Re: The Trolling Issue

Post by ozforce » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:15 pm

what if we only allow the creator of the match to restart the game,so im not in a match in progress,some troll comes in,restarts the match and leaves.

Advance123

Post by Advance123 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Or a vote system. You could vote to reset the match by clicking the respective button, and if more than 3 players in total press the "restart" button thus voting to restart, then the game restarts.

3 seems to be a nice number, because if there's only 1 troll then they can't restart the match. 2 trolls wouldn't be able to either and there's not going to be 3 trolls, because one player will be the creator and the other will obviously just be playing.

tannim

Post by tannim » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:55 am

It could be useful to give the Host of the game an automatic "Save state" feature. Every minute or two, or customizable time, the current position of all game pieces would be saved. Keep several states and allow them to be restored selectively, maybe with a thumbnail to show what it looked like. That would prevent troll with good timing to come in, mess things up and have the autosave save the mess. I can't really see the save states taking up much space since it would just need to be the coordinates of where each piece is on the screen. Since resetting just places the pieces in their default location, it wouldn't affect the autosave feature at all.

I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement that. Shouldn't be difficult though for a modder.