Noob Trying to Compile

The place to discuss all things Desperate Gods.
ToothyMang

Noob Trying to Compile

Post by ToothyMang » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:59 am

Hi guys,

So I'm trying to use Desperate Gods to prototype a card game I'm making, that uses a standard deck of 52 playing cards.

All I need to do is make a deck with 52 playing cards in it, retexture them to look like playing cards, can recompile the game. But I can't even figure out how to compile Desperate Gods as it is. No matter what scene I compile, it isn't a playable game.

Can anyone explain to me how to compile the game once I've modified it?

Djemps

Re: Noob Trying to Compile

Post by Djemps » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:27 am

Hi ToothyMang. Welcome to the forums. Its great to hear about your interest. My very first suggestion would be to stop worrying about poking around the game engine by yourself and just pick up Vonkie's Mod.

She's made it easy to adjust card textures, deck amounts, etc...

In fact, I'm working on my own deck of cards for DG. Check em out HERE...

But seriously, it's gonna be WAAAY easier to adjust the texture and card amounts using Vonkie's Mod instead of digging into the program yourself. She's done a lot of the same work already. Why re-invent the wheel? In fact, if you haven't payed the $1,500+ for a professional version of Unity, you probably can't modify the game anyhow. :roll:

Djemps

Re: Noob Trying to Compile

Post by Djemps » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:03 am

Djemps wrote: Welcome to the forums.
Actually, I see you've had a pre-order since at least 2010. So maybe I should have said Welcome back!