cant install overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Devlin2010

cant install overgrowth

Post by Devlin2010 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi i just purchased over growth on alpha 200 and im having massive troubles just getting the game im using a mac and i had to download it via Vuze through the humble bundle because it kept getting corrupt giving me an error 1 operation not permitted i looked that up and it said it was corrupted but now i finally have it on vuze and now i try and open it and it still says its corrupted so i downloaded zipeg and it unziped the file but instead of having an application like its sopposed to have i have all the textures and resources which im guessing it means i just gouged into the application itself so does anyone have any clear instructions on how to install overgrowth from the humble bundle thanks in advance :D

AmorphousGamer

Re: cant install overgrowth

Post by AmorphousGamer » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:13 am

If things work pretty much the same on a Mac as they do on a PC, I can give you perfect instructions. So I'll do that. If they are different, well, I tried. Someone else will come and help out. :P
1. Obtain the zipped folder in any way necessary. That shouldn't be a problem. Hit the download button on your Humble Bundle page and wait a few minutes. :P
2. Extract the "Overgrowth a200" folder into a new folder somewhere on your computer. I put mine in a folder on my desktop.
3. Open the folder, find the Overgrowth.exe file.
4. Run it, enjoy Overgrowth.
I just noticed that this isn't in the SPF. Damn. Well, those instructions can't hurt even if you did pirate it. I suspect you did though.
If you need any further help, set it up so you can get to the SPF.