Mod for Overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Templar_Gus

Mod for Overgrowth

Post by Templar_Gus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:52 pm

I was disappointed when I found out that you could not re-size interactive characters in Overgrowth. Can someone make me a mod that allows you to re-size characters (make bigger or smaller)? I can't pay, but it will be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks,
-Gus

Endoperez

Re: Mod for Overgrowth

Post by Endoperez » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:42 am

It has been requested a few times, but I don't know how feasible that kind of a mod is. If one is made, it will appear on the secret preorder forum's modding section. If you've preordered, you can get there following this guide.

Templar_Gus

Post by Templar_Gus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:44 pm

It has been done before, in Minecraft, Skyrim, and even Team Fortress 2, so it's not impossible.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:16 pm

Templar_Gus wrote:It has been done before, in Minecraft, Skyrim, and even Team Fortress 2, so it's not impossible.
Possible, yes, but is it feasible? If bone scale values are accessible through scripting, it's easy. If not, it's complicated. It's like capturing a point in a TF2 map that doesn't have points to capture - the game can do it, but there's no easy way to tell it that it should do THAT thing, right NOW, at this point.

Templar_Gus

Post by Templar_Gus » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:38 pm

Endoperez wrote:
Templar_Gus wrote:It has been done before, in Minecraft, Skyrim, and even Team Fortress 2, so it's not impossible.
Possible, yes, but is it feasible? If bone scale values are accessible through scripting, it's easy. If not, it's complicated. It's like capturing a point in a TF2 map that doesn't have points to capture - the game can do it, but there's no easy way to tell it that it should do THAT thing, right NOW, at this point.
I forgot Overgrowth health was based on a skeletal structure, your totally right, the only people who could really make the mod would be Wolfire. That's kinda disappointing.

akazi

Post by akazi » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Templar_Gus wrote:
Endoperez wrote:
I forgot Overgrowth health was based on a skeletal structure, your totally right, the only people who could really make the mod would be Wolfire. That's kinda disappointing.
The health system isn't based on any skeletal structure at all, it has traditional health it just matters where you get hit from. Like hitting you head on snow does way more damage then hitting your leg on the same thing. I think there is a bit more to it then just that but I forgot at the moment. ;)

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:43 am

Templar_Gus wrote:I forgot Overgrowth health was based on a skeletal structure, your totally right, the only people who could really make the mod would be Wolfire. That's kinda disappointing.
I was talking about the rig that's used for animation. Animations are based on skeletal structures,

[insertusernamehere]

Post by [insertusernamehere] » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Shouldn't this be in the SPF?

EDIT:
just realized that OP is not a preorderer. Sorry

assassin0477

Post by assassin0477 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:24 pm

i would help but i have no idea how to mod :?: :?: :?: but if i knew i would help ill try to make the mod though :D