Now for a word

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:05 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:Not everyone can change the world every time; some things will happen regardless of a character's actions.
Well that's true to an extent, but depending on the actions of people things will happen differently. Say for instance I bump into someone on the street. That will completely and utterly change the path their life takes from the path it would have taken had I not bumped into them. The smallest actions can completely change the largest situations.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:11 pm

Ultimatum479 wrote:Not everyone can change the world every time; some things will happen regardless of a character's actions.
Emphasis added for clarity.

Swordarm

Post by Swordarm » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:18 am

why has everybody except david written something here ?

Ameefmu

Post by Ameefmu » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:05 am

Heck, id be happy if there was just small ways to change your stats (Power, Speed... anything else there is? Protection and Armor. Why not go all the way and suggest a Lugaru MMO :P)

Another thought...
If you have a staff equipped, would it be possible to pole vault?
Like hitting jump while animal running?
resulting in a long distance jump ending in a leg cannon?!
Randomness is good.

NovaNoah

Post by NovaNoah » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:22 pm

I'm not sure i like the rpg idea, i think in Lugaru the characters skill will depend on your skill.

ps. i like the pole vault idea

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:11 pm

*Insert Lugaru is an RPG debate here* :

Lugaru has stats for measuring how much strength, speed and vitality.
As far as I can tell, some RPGs (not all, examples: Diablo) could/can employ the same stuff as Lugaru game play wise and you can still call it an RPG.

I am sure that Lugaru is an RPG based around skill, over uber gear/high stats/etc. If there was a leveling system or even a non debugging means of changing your stats you could customize the game play how ever you want.

And BTW, a personal View on the game: although David knows best for the game, and has planed it out well and I know next to nothing on the lore of the world he has created, I personally think that the game should be based around a different, unnamed rabbit, and that Turner should be a legendary hero that you may encounter as an NPC. Hell, he could even be a boss that you have the potential of fighting! As I say though, this is an opinion, and David dose know best...

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:59 pm

Turner as boss = no.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:24 pm

Hs resourcefulness, hunger for vengeance, and his bitterness makes him the ideal boss. how ever, yea... The AI to make that possible would ether be too hard to beat or simply too easy.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:32 pm

Colicedus wrote:From what I can tell, the endings may be open ended as well, (David please confirm this please)
Wow.... well, you guys. You're obviously being ignored :lol: . Maybe you should go back to your homework or playing L1 and get some patience for L2. Trust me, you're going to need it. And don’t worry... David's definitely going to tell you EVERYTHING about L2 before it comes out.... suuuurrreeee :roll: . Oh yah, and making hundreds upon hundreds of suggestions would definitely make the production twice as fast... if only they would take your opinions into thought. I hope I made a point to be seriously considered.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:35 pm

Hey, what's wrong with a few fans speculating about one of their most anticipated games? And I've seen David take interest in a few suggestions...but it's not like he has to implement all of them.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:23 pm

It pains me to say fucker who edits my posts has got a point.
How ever, I don't care! its fun to get peoples expectations up! :P
Last edited by Colicedus on Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:24 pm

:? Well instead of pressuring people (which I highly doubt you have the elbow grease to pressure such a team), maybe you should work on making Wolfire more popular, and make some Wolfire guilds or Halo clans and what not. It seems like a lot of you forum members would play Counter Strike.... maybe you should start a clan.... maybe even get good enough for a competition. Then when L2 comes out you can use your pressuring skills - which you possess in a powerfully odd way :idea: - to make all them recruits switch to kicking some ass on L2.

Ameefmu

Post by Ameefmu » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:33 pm

Battlefield 2 Style Ranking Systems :D ?
Character Levels annoy me sometimes...

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:41 pm

:( Poor thing has no idea whats going on. He deserves a hand :D . Anyone up for a toast for the nooblette?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:14 am

Nick, stop being such a fag. :roll: