Lugaru 2

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:58 pm

Xiao wrote:An estimate? It could take years.
Lets nope not.

Xiao

Post by Xiao » Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:40 pm

zip wrote:
Xiao wrote:An estimate? It could take years.
Lets nope not.
It COULD take years, but most likely will take around one year, give or take of course.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:41 am

ridestowe wrote:list of things to be added to lugaru 2:

language(the naughty kind)
hookers
whores
violence
shootings
high speed car chases
and everything else that's illegal in real life but perfectly legal in games
Aren't hookers and whores the same thing?

And:
Lugaruman100 wrote:Personaly I perfer no language, suggestive themes, etc in lugaru 2. If theres blood and guts then that's no big deal. Lugaru is all about survival, pain, and sorrow, not some stupid mediocore/corny elements such as GTA.
some rabbit dude from the third level wrote:I don't think he would appreciate what you did to his wife.
How is that NOT suggestive?

Xiao

Post by Xiao » Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:02 pm

Language - Other then some minor swears, adding do much would be bad for sales.

hookers/whores - You seriously want to see bunny sex?

Violence - That was already in it, but it wouldn't hurt if we could slice enemies in two or chop off thier heads ;)

shootings - Um, Lugaru takes place in the swords era.

high speed car chases - What the? No cars in Lugaru, much less car chases.

Suggestive themes - like the wife comment, suggestive themes like THAT are fine. They add to the agression and the emotion of the game. but suggestive themes like skimpy bunnys....gross.

Albab

Post by Albab » Sun Sep 04, 2005 6:44 pm

Xiao wrote:Language - Other then some minor swears, adding do much would be bad for sales.

Violence - That was already in it, but it wouldn't hurt if we could slice enemies in two or chop off thier heads ;)

Suggestive themes - like the wife comment, suggestive themes like THAT are fine. They add to the agression and the emotion of the game. but suggestive themes like skimpy bunnys....gross.
You can't argue with that, though I get the impression that he was kidding.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sun Sep 04, 2005 7:31 pm

Xiao wrote:Language - Other then some minor swears, adding do much would be bad for sales.

Ever heard of the fine art of sarcasm? :P

rico06

Post by rico06 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:13 pm

I've been playing Lugaru for a long time now, and I've enjoyed every second of it. However, I think there is room to improve without compromising the most important aspects of the game, which lie in the realistic physics and the combat system.

For the Sequel Lugaru 2, I suggest:

1) step up the realism even more. when a rabbit hits the edge of a building, block, whatever, the body reacts realistically, and if hit with enough force, blood flies around and massive damage is done. I call this, corner damage. also, same deal with trees, any sharp edges whatsoever... Rabbits can be impaled too.

2) a grappling system. I know this sounds pretty risky... but trust me on this one. The Aikaido can be brought to a whole new level. the same button that you use to grab weapons... grab an opponents punch, but DON'T make turner throw him right there, unless the player presses no buttons subsequently. if Turner grabs, and then I left click, I want Turner to elbow that mofo in the stomach up to 3 times and then on the third click throw him over the shoulder and onto the ground. Also, if your opponent is doing nothing/circling, just a grab would be nice, like a grab to the shoulders... almost like wrestling. then, left click. BOOM, knee to the stomach.

3) ok, so one improvement to the combat system. very small. When I click the mouse 3 times, I'd like a 3 hit combo. that's all. I heard you all are adding in some new "moves" for the repertoire, I think a 3 hit combo would be a great new skill for Turner to learn.

4) for chrissakes... give turner or ANY race for that matter a wallrun/wallclimb. have you ever played ninja gaiden for xbox? do so, and see the wonders that this small technique can do to enhance a game.

5) as for cheats or whatever. I want turner to fly. that would be fun.

6) if there are going to be cottages and such... you know, houses you can go into blah blah blah... oh man this is kind of a sweet idea. I mean hell, these rabbits have a lot of power. DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS. when turner smacks some poor bloke into a glass window, BAM, it breaks, the dude falls through and gets some additional glass damage.

K thats about it.

Nazgul11
LoTR@localhost

Post by Nazgul11 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:28 pm

Nice rico06, great ideas! A wallrun would be awesome if I understand what you mean by that.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:24 am

"DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS" or I won't buy TEH GAEM :P

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:06 am

For destructible envorments, not only houses and boxes and stuff like that, I want the actual walls and scenery to be able to be crushable. If you have a PC, go check out the demo of Red Faction, it has geomod.

Also, will you be able to sever limbs with weapons? That would be awsome.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:59 am

hdlsa wrote:For destructible envorments, not only houses and boxes and stuff like that, I want the actual walls and scenery to be able to be crushable. If you have a PC, go check out the demo of Red Faction, it has geomod.

Also, will you be able to sever limbs with weapons? That would be awsome.
Trees and such will be destructible... There are not going to be any rocket launchers or anything, so the actual terrain is not going to be changing except for awesome foot prints and body prints in snow.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:38 pm

hdlsa wrote:For destructible envorments, not only houses and boxes and stuff like that, I want the actual walls and scenery to be able to be crushable. If you have a PC, go check out the demo of Red Faction, it has geomod.
I think Red Faction is for mac too.
The problem with destructable terrain is that players can completely screw things up for themselves, or go places they aren't supposed to. It takes extremely careful level design to pull it off.

Lugaruman100
The wolfire forum member with no title.

Post by Lugaruman100 » Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:00 pm

zip wrote:I think Red Faction is for mac too.
NO! REALLY???? Sarcasm. I know that game, it first came out on the ps2, but I haven't played the macintosh version nor the playstation 2 version. Theres a Red Faction 2 but the developers threw out the online multiplayer. :roll:

Albab

Post by Albab » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:11 pm

What about severed limbs? I want some gore. Also, zip has a point, but destructable enviroments would be so incredibly kickass...

ridestowe

Post by ridestowe » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:59 pm

sorry, i was being sarcastic in reference to grand theft auto. i should've specified :roll: