Additions to Lugaru 2: Drugs

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Eric
Support Ninja Master

Additions to Lugaru 2: Drugs

Post by Eric » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:18 pm

I decided to seperate the topics in the "Additions to combat system" thread. The following are quotes of recent comments in regards to Drugs.
leDoOd wrote:True... maybe for the dark, Turner can have heightened senses thanks to his stay at the island? He could have "trained himself" while he was there, resulting in a more supernatural bunny than he already is. That presents more supernatural powers he could acquire, which he could discover in missions or something. Probably not a good idea, but I'm just brainstorming.
Albab wrote:Hmm... maybe not supernatural, but maybe various drugs could highten your senses? Or you could put them into a fire at the back of a cave, and sneak out before it starts smoking, then go back in and take things while everyone is drugged.
Zantalos wrote:Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha!
Oh man that's like... Ha ha ha ha ha! :lol:

What the hell is that? ah ha hah ahah ha ha!
You want Turner to come up with like, I dunno, maybe 10 pounds of marijuana? On top of that, you want to make a giant crack pipe (that's the cave) and just get the little rabbits high off of that drug?! Then you wanna run back inside, and just totally take advantage of them while they're all high and have the munchies (that is if they didn't over-dose first). Quick get out your candy bars, these kids are rabid hungry!. :D

Wow, that's the funniest idea ever, regardless of what you meant. Man, if David and his team could create some really cool drug and awesome over dose effect to go with it. Booyah, here comes the other percent population still not won over by this game (ok, maybe not. But Fallout had really excelled high in this topic, freakin nailed it). :P
rudel_ic wrote:That makes me think of Gothic somehow. There was stuff you could smoke, affecting your sight and stats.
Nuky wrote:Drugs for improvements, healing and bad stuff doesn't sound like a bad idea. Mind that most unknown drugs, aswell as known drugs, almost allways have sideeffects - bad or good. (After-Glow, reduced brain in/output, increased brain in/output, hangover, fatigue after taking drugs which gives you "extra" energy, etc.)
Zantalos, about both fear and drugs, wrote:Drugs and Fear seem to have a defining similarity, actually maybe not too similar. But the movement system should make it alot easier to create the kind of fear and drug effect. When enemies or Turner are scared, the system could make the base of the character sway back in forth, maybe put the person in a hunched up state while he stays still or tries to move around (kinda like a couscous state, how do you spell that?). Drugs would also be alot similar, when Turner is too drugged or intoxicated (alchohol has to in the game if drugs are), his center would continuesly sway and rock back and forth. Every once in a while (or all the time) the program would cause the player to move his leg to steady himself. The legs would also be really shakey, Turner would trip if he made sharp turns at high speeds, he'll have no balance in his legs so falling after a high jump would be alot more common (reduce the jump effect so you can't fall just be jumping, only jumping off a high spot would make turner eat it when he hit the ground).
Last edited by Eric on Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:25 pm

Hmm... maybe not supernatural, but maybe various drugs could highten your senses? Or you could put them into a fire at the back of a cave, and sneak out before it starts smoking, then go back in and take things while everyone is drugged.
I support this idea. That would be an awesome quest - infiltrating a wolf camp and then throwing some kind of mixture of plants and leaves onto their main fire which knocks everyone out. Then you could go on a looting spree and find whatever document or item it was that you needed.

As for other drugs, I don't think they should play a big role in the game. It might be kind of cool/funny to be able to eat a mushroom that makes your balance weird and the view strange, but I don't think they should play a large role in the game like in Oblivion, for instance.

In summary, quests where you are given a special drug that you need to use somehow are cool. Drugs as a main gameplay element are kind of cumbersome and not actually fun.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:49 am

xD NARC.... Anyway, yeah, that's true. But you should be able to buy/steal them whenever you want. Just because, you know?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:31 am

That'd be cool if there will be special knockout drugs. Some kind of concoction that could be applied to weapons and stuff. To either make them poisonous or to make them non-lethal.

How about being able to take out tribes/villages/bases? with muliple options for execution. The most apparent way would be just to engage them all in hand-to-hand combat, right off the back, maybe att any time of the day. Another would be a more stealthy approach where you would just divide and conquer them all. And then if you have the supplies (don't know how you'd get them) you could drug them all. It could be something like throwing some knockout/poison drug into their food shed, or the idea of just putting it right into their fire knocking them all out at once. (maybe food poisoning would be lethal, and fires could be the better, non-lethal approach).

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:16 am

I recon rather than killing them with food poisoning, they all get the S*its and croude the out house. if you use a Weed salad (my term for a Bomb/bong. which one is it?) that could afect you, mighten it?

and for no aparent reson i think there should also be a Debug abilaty called Pull my Finger: as Turner walks theres a faint Farting sound, and when you attack you hear a Rawcus out of the blue Fart sound and have everyone around you gasping for air.

I like the Ider of Poison daggers. i also think there should be a Novilty dagger used to hit moving or still targets.

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:15 pm

Colicedus wrote:and for no aparent reson i think there should also be a Debug abilaty called Pull my Finger: as Turner walks theres a faint Farting sound, and when you attack you hear a Rawcus out of the blue Fart sound and have everyone around you gasping for air.
Drugs, not biological warfare.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:35 pm

What about combat drugs? A tab of Dancer and you're moving faster and biting extra throats, as well as seeing pretty colors and listening to the grass grow. :o

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:38 pm

They used combat stimulants etc. in KOTOR, but I didn't really use them at all.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:48 am

Combat drugs sound like a new Playabilaty. but i dont think you should rely on them. there should be a chance that they do more damage than what they should do. and once the Effects wear off there should be a major Notecable Change

example: Turner takes some endurance drugs. he can absorb most Damage. but when it weres off the same damage has normal Effects such as Limping, Broken bones, bleeding, mental retardaton, halusanating, barfing, farting, bursty squirts, hemroids, and haltosus, loss of conchsness, stroke.

But i like the Debug called pull my finger. maby there could be Comical Green gass and Throwing up. :lol: :D :twisted:

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:41 am

Or maybe we could just puke all over our keyboards. That sounds much more fun. :x

Sage

Post by Sage » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:06 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Or maybe we could just puke all over our keyboards. That sounds much more fun. :x
Only if you have a popsicle wedged in your rectum. That's the most fun I've ever had.

Throwing up isn't that bad of an idea, but it should only happen if you eat poisonous foods, or are on a boat for too long, or... or anything else that would do that.

Of course, some people handle ecxessive blood a lot better than they can handle puke... somehow....

The Hersheys squirts however... welll, no... I don't want to go through the trouble of dying my pants to look like a BDU (but I doubt I'd be able to...) and then find that it turns completely brown from explosive diarrheah.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:42 am

Well if you cant handle the two dont see the movie BAD TASTE.
:lol: an alien eating another aliens brains with a spoon. it soo looked like yogit.

Well i dont know. maby they could have difrent coulers. EG: Baby poo Green, Off Chicken brown. etc. (i could get worst on that matter)

and yes. throwing up into new, state-of-the-art keybords can be soo entertaining. especaly when they have a warinty. (poor sailsmen) :lol:

and WTF? a Popsicle? or a popsticle stic? and Why the hell was that?

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:10 am

Hey, don't knock popsicle riding until you've tried it. :wink:

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:56 am

What? you mean with the Ice block is still atached to the stick or like what the doctors use to see if yu have hemroids or worms or something?
the mind boggles. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maby you could slide in puke. or chuck it at people as a Destract as they are going EW EW EW! thats F*cking descusting and they are squemishly trying to get it off. then that may be going tooo far.

one thing i hate is in tomb raider the herro never needs to hit the can. i recon using the Out house could be a save point. as you are saving you hear a Rabbit farting. ploping out pellets ETC.

Plese bear with me i have had too much shugar this week. i hope they do add something like that. people need some Comady in it. or maby there should be an uncut verson that displays those random shocking things.

then again that may just be too much. thanks for bearing with my Fit of the sillys.

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:01 am

Colicedus wrote:What? you mean with the Ice block is still atached to the stick or like what the doctors use to see if yu have hemroids or worms or something?
Yes, ice still attached.
Colicedus wrote:maby you could slide in puke. or chuck it at people as a Destract as they are going EW EW EW! thats F*cking descusting and they are squemishly trying to get it off. then that may be going tooo far.
How do you chuck puke at people? Do you mean directly hurl it onto them? (EDIT: At first I thought he meant puke in a cup, then later throw it at someone). If you're going to do that you might as well add in a system that works similar to the pie eating contest in that one movie... where the kid pukes and then everybody starts puking on each other for like 5 minutes (it was a big audience.) But, no, projectile vomiting isn't really a weapon... and if the bunnies can dodge a knife they can dodge puke.
Colicedus wrote:one thing i hate is in tomb raider the herro never needs to hit the can. i recon using the Out house could be a save point. as you are saving you hear a Rabbit farting. ploping out pellets ETC.
You really like crap don't you? Don't worry, going to the bathroom has been discussed before, and I'm sure some people that support it will make a mod for L2 that adds an invisible crapometer, and maybe even nitrogenous wastes that you can somehow set on fire and have an instant flamethrower (umm, that would be a weird mod...)

But yeah, if stuff like this doesn't come with the initial game (which I seriously doubt it will) then there might be a mod for those guys that want to see Turner squatting behind a bush with his pants down....