Independant L2 Ideas Forum Section

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products

Should we move L2 ideas from the community into its own forum section?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 23

Fournine
.hacker

Independant L2 Ideas Forum Section

Post by Fournine » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:20 pm

It seems all the L2 ideas floating around in the Wolfire section are a tad outta place and are flooding this section.
I propose we create a new forum section where we can place these topics - that way, all the L2 idea threads can be concentrated in one area, and the Wolfire section would be more cleaned up.

All the "Additions to the Combat System" threads, the "Wolfire Development Blog" and others can be stored under this area.
I also suggest that the "Wolfire Development Blog" be made into a sticky within the new section.

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:25 pm

good plan. I agree that it is misplaced in the Wolfire section, although of the existing ones it is most appropriate.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:44 pm

Ya, this seems like a good idea.
I get pretty confused on where I should put a new thread (though I admit, I kinda suck at making new threads), I don't know if I should put it with Lugaru (it is only about Lugaru), or should be put into Wolfire (everybody puts it into Wolfire, it is about wolfire products after all).

That's gonna be pretty awkward though. I vote yes but, that topic (wolfire) is going to be pretty empty and only have like, really rare occasions where somebody will ask about GL fighters, SOS (probably not anymore), and some other of David's old games. While it's cool to keep things simple, maybe that section does need to get split up, although we read every single post so there isn't to much need for that (it would make things alot more organized, even if it might feel like the topics are getting very diluted and have even less posts each).
Still think it's a good idea. It gets you a kinda awkward feeling when you say that this is a wolfire project, and not just you're little independent idea/comment on the matter.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:55 pm

I think that the forums are pretty well balanced as it is. Too many sections might be bad because it would dilute the traffic too much. Right now I think it is perfect.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:30 pm

4 sections isn't that much more than 3...

If you can make a Lugaru section, you can make a Lugaru 2 section.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:23 pm

I agree with ledood.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:34 am

You know. Maybe this is a matter of communication.
If we called the Lugaru Forums, the Lugaru and Lugaru 2 forum (maybe just under its sub-heading so it will say something along the lines of "for general Lugaru discussion and its related products," that sounds funny, somebody else could think of something better).

But again, this will empty out the Wolfire topic and bog down the Lugaru topic. When Lugaru 2 comes out, registered users are sure to follow, so we won't have to worry about this till that happens (I think).

levbot
mad tweaker

Post by levbot » Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:15 pm

we are gonna have to worry about this flood of new users eventually

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:32 am

Currently the votes stand at 14 (93%) "Yea" and 1 (7%) "Nay."
It seems the forum as spoken in favor of this act, overwealmingly.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:42 am

Given that this is already by far the lowest traffic section, splitting it up into further subdivisions will even further unbalance the forums. I think it is pretty good how it is.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:29 am

What does it matter if this section is underutilized?
Organization of the forum into meaningful sections should take priority over a subjective sense of "balance."
Besides - 5 of the sections here aren't even posted in anymore. Three of those have 4 or less topics in them, with less than 60 posts combined.

Additionally, because the user-originated brainstorming threads have overrun this section, it has lost its identity as "Anything related to Wolfire Software and/or its products" - it might as well be renamed "Lugaru 2 Stuff + some Wolfire sidenotes"

Ever since Lugaru 2 was pushed forward for development, the board has been abuzz with content concerning the game - shouldn't it deserve its own non-dev forum section, just as the original "Lugaru" received?
We shouldn't wait for the release date to form this section - we have the content to fill it, so give us a jug to contain it.

And if it's just a matter of laziness that's halting the execution of creating the new section, I'd be glad to nail it together myself.

-Fournine

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:01 pm

I have a pet peeve against forums that are over organized just for the sake of OCD.

Also, those other forums are private.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon May 08, 2006 12:32 am

Hey what is that other forum? Is there a hidden forum that talks about all this stuff without us? Are there really 5 sections total?
Do you have access to these, I mean, is there a secret community that posts here, that we don't know about?

And one more thing, is there a way to view the posts history, can David and Jeff see all these changes on the forum's posting? Is it similar to the wikipedia, where pretty much all information is saved? There are some critical areas in this forum where I must learn of its original content. :P

Don't know why I brought this up, thought this section was getting alittle too quiet...

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon May 08, 2006 9:48 am

It's beta and lugaru teams forums, I'd guess, cause that *would* make sense, eh?
Also seeing that the Lugaru team has more posts in postcount than readable to us normals...

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon May 08, 2006 12:03 pm

I'll have to give a "No" and agree with Jeff. I like the forums how they are. I've never had a problem with them, and I think the way it is will be fine. On the other hand, I don't think it's really up to any of our opinions, I think it's generally down to David. I would have no qualms at all with keeping it how it is.