Walking, jogging, dashing in Lugaru 2?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
toshiro

Walking, jogging, dashing in Lugaru 2?

Post by toshiro » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:06 pm

The title pretty much says it all.

In Oni, there were three modes of movement. With capslock, you'd walk slowly, and when crouched, you were a very small package (great for the lvl 2 end boss). If you pressed and held W without capslock, you'd run, or rather jog, at a moderate speed. If you quickly tapped W twice and held it after the second tap, you'd dash, at about 120-150% of the normal running speed. If you were carrying a weapon, you were not able to dash, and with one weapon, you were only able to walk.

I think this might add diversity to Lugaru 2. What do you think?

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:48 pm

I definetly agree that different movement speeds would be a great addition to Lugaru 2. Also having what you are carying limit your speed is good. I assume there is some fatigue that goes along with dashing and a lower level of fatigue that goes along with jogging (both of which are also dependent on what you are carrying). Although when I say carrying I don't think it should be soley based on what weapon you are holding, what is in your inventory should matter as well. There should be weight to items in the inventory and when they reach a certain number you cant dash, another number you cant jog and another numbre you flat out cant have.