Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu May 03, 2007 8:00 am

The eye won't be there in Lugaru 2 :)

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Thu May 03, 2007 8:02 am

David wrote:The eye won't be there in Lugaru 2 :)
Thanks :) It's kinda creepy when put together with the awesome music and the large amounts of red in your game =3

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Thu May 03, 2007 2:33 pm

There was even more red in the early betas of Lugaru; there were some silhouettes of rabbits in different poses holding different weapons, it was pretty cool actually.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Thu May 03, 2007 2:34 pm

Viking Zippy wrote:There was even more red in the early betas of Lugaru; there were some silhouettes of rabbits in different poses holding different weapons, it was pretty cool actually.
That sounded like an awesome background ^^

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Thu May 03, 2007 2:51 pm

Aww... I like the eye...

Oh well - as long as the general tone isn't vastly different I'm sure I won't complain :)

Kalexon
Kalexon

Post by Kalexon » Thu May 03, 2007 4:14 pm

As long as the script for the voice acting/text isn't the same guy who wrote the script for SpellForce 2, I won't complain.

After having to listen to the dialogue in that game for fifteen minutes, I just wanted to kill myself.

Ultimatum479
Meh. Inadequate.

Post by Ultimatum479 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:28 pm

I don't know what/who that is, but no script is as horrible as the scripts for the Star Wars prequels, so I fear not. I survived those, so I can survive anything.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu May 03, 2007 6:33 pm

And it shouldn't be! Sequels with the same menu background (Or even exactly the same menu) suck.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Fri May 04, 2007 7:00 am

That's pretty pre...judg...e...mental... or something of you. Wait till you have played a sequel with the same menu. Or bring proof! I love to make fun of sequels.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Fri May 04, 2007 7:36 am

BunnyWithStick wrote:
And it shouldn't be! Sequels with the same menu background (Or even exactly the same menu) suck.
Except Max Payne, which had pretty much the same menu but still
is one (two) of the greatest games ever.

ChazFox
XD

Post by ChazFox » Fri May 04, 2007 9:26 am

Oh yeah, on the previous page I mentioned something about hoping clothing would actually be a separate model on the character, as opposed to just being a painted on texture. One of the reasons for this is that I'm trying to design a pair of sandals for the characters, which is going along somewhat well, but without the sole of the sandal being visible from most angles it looks more like a footwrap (screenshot coming in a moment, watch this space :D). I guess it's alright with full shoes or boots, but a partial shoe like mine looks a little weird :p.

Here's what I'm talking about:

Note how the sole of the sandal is visible on Turner's right footpaw, but isn't visible on the left footpaw. That be what I'm talking about :3

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Tue May 08, 2007 12:31 am

Pretty sure clothes will be that seperate model. David created a real time cloth engine when he was 14 (5 years ago?), so this will be a piece of cake for him.

Flexible objects themselves have been implemented in the engine since february 2006.

And as for customization, David said you'll be able to dye your clothes different colors. I hope it could be in game where you would buy the dye at stores and have Turner color it in a river or something, or maybe like in okami where it would zoom you in on it, allowing you to paint whatever you want on it with the mouse.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Tue May 08, 2007 6:37 am

Zantalos wrote:maybe like in okami where it would zoom you in on it, allowing you to paint whatever you want on it with the mouse.
Or tablet, like me! =O

Oh, oh, oh! Custom clothes-line:
some clothes will let you chose a texture or image from a folder in the game-folder? Say you make a yellow t-shirt texture with ballons printed in relief, and something funny under there... or perhaps some red burlap pants with something else? You go to the store... pick between special t-shirt 1, special t-shirt 2, special pants 1, etc. And before you buy, you get a little window popping up, letting you choose the texture? =O
Of course not much of an armor, buuut... (Mmmm, special armor 1...)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue May 08, 2007 8:51 am

Just don't make the armour purple. Purple armour is bad luck, especially in battle. Even more so if you're a ninja. You go try sneaking up on someone in bright purple clothing/armour! :lol:

invertin

Post by invertin » Tue May 08, 2007 9:36 am

Dark purple with a hint of blue is ok, that colour is often affiliated with darkness.