Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:23 pm

I guess, so, maybe he tried to start a new family?

I can't wait to see the storyline... I don't like guessing... and I don't like bothering people like Jeff/David when they are working

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:00 pm

The action in LU2 would slow down considerably if Turner was carrying several babies. It would be fun to watch though.

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 20, 2006 3:12 pm

MacWiggy wrote:The action in LU2 would slow down considerably if Turner was carrying several babies. It would be fun to watch though.
That's what the "honey bunny" is for, to watch over the tykes while dad kicks ass.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:55 pm

Sage wrote:Also, if there WAS sex in the game then I'm sure bunny and bunny-ess (or whatever) would go into their house or something (and if the bunny is Turner then the screen goes black and the camera doesn't follow him) and a while later they both come out (would skip time for Turner). That's the only way I see it implemented... but I doubt it, because Turner is a warrior (or bunny that knows kung-fu) not a... well... yeah...
You read my mind, Sage.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:32 pm

Well no, HoneyBunny was raped and murdered in the first Lugaru. And besides, LU2 should be campaign oriented, level after level. Not one of those do-whatever-you-want RPGs
(Babies, fishing, bartering leather goods) that doesn't really have a storyline. I'm all for exchanging armor and such, but there is a limit. And I draw the line at babies. Save it for the Hot Bunee mod.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:54 pm

If L2 doesn't involve a life-sim/do-whatever-you-want mode or something along the lines of that, it won't be as good as it could be

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:47 pm

Well a TV could be combined with a microwave oven to be as "good as it could be" but why not just buy your TV and microwave seperately, so you don't have to have a TV up in your face while you're microwaving stuff?

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:08 pm

Because open-endedness is not a television and level-by-level is not a microwave?

Open-endedness is more like a satellite capabilities added to the TV... if you want to put it that way. THat way if you WANT to do it level by level then you can, but if you actually wanna explore etc. then you can dot hat as well.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:28 pm

MacWiggy wrote:Well no, HoneyBunny was raped and murdered in the first Lugaru. And besides, LU2 should be campaign oriented, level after level. Not one of those do-whatever-you-want RPGs
(Babies, fishing, bartering leather goods) that doesn't really have a storyline. I'm all for exchanging armor and such, but there is a limit. And I draw the line at babies. Save it for the Hot Bunee mod.
I believe it has been stated that L2 will be free roaming and not based on serial levels.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:17 am

What would anthropomorphic bunny sex sound like?

:shock:

Moving on.

I think it would be cool if you could decide to upgrade specific parts of weapons, not just the weapon as a whole. Just not the classic Oblivion "as you get more and more 'skill' by reading books and doing actions, you get better and better at it" scenario. I want to be able to mine for iron, form an iron spike with my hammer, anvil, and forge at my little tunneled-out hideout in the hills (though a forge would give it away to bad guys or law officials if you do something naughty since you have to have some way to let all the smoke out. so by having a forge i can make better weapons and such, but i risk being found. see?! open-ended gameplay ROCKS), and finally weld it to the front of my armor so that enemies can't approach me. I could then mine more and more iron to make more and more iron spikes, so enemies couldn't hit my armor at all - but then it makes me run slower, since i'm weighed down by all the extra iron. Or I could invent a gun, then upgrade that gun with... another gun! So I have two guns! At once! How cool is that! It reminds me of an awesome webcomic I found a while ago.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:12 am

First you'd need to invent gunpowder which would require doing a whole lot of stuff with herbs and plants and, uhh, chemicals which you'd need to invent and then you'd need to figure out how the hell to put the whole thing together…

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:44 am

Oh man, I remember playing runescape. So much dang mining, refining, and forging weapons in that game. At first, those options on what to do gave you some sense of open ended-ness, except that kind of thing just sucked after you realized what you were wasting your time doing (Runescape is the number one game, little kids play at the library. There's seriously monitor after monitor of that game being played, I've seen entire computer lanes filled up with Runescape being played by like 8 people at once. But never mind that.).

Oh and there was this hella sick game called Robot Arena 2, it had the coolest module system I've ever seen (not to mention real metal physics). You could put whatever part into your bot, and it would actually like.. work! It was a neat game, I still play it sometimes. I hella thought it would revolutionize these games but, no kind of customization had been implemented since.

As for gunpowder, you don't use herbs and plants silly! Gunpowder (blackpowder) is made by three key components, potassium nitrate, charcoal, and sulfur in the ratio of 15:3:2 (that is, 15 grams of pottasium nitrate, 3 grams of charcoal, and 2 grams of sulfur). Charcoal is easily obtained through burned wood, sulfer found in hot springs and volcanos, and Potassium Nitrate had been manufactured by manure (bull crap), in which you had to sort of compost it for these crystals to form (using urine to keep it moist, water, and wood ash). And of course, you wouldn't invent it, you would merely come across the recipe of ingredients left behind by the humans!
Still... guns? No way man, you don't need guns. You need crazy ass steel which nobody's heard of.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:31 am

Well, you said it yourself that charcoal can be obtained by burning wood :wink:

And I was trying to think of the sort of things you'd need to make gunpowder, and the first thing that came to mind (Geez, I've said that phrase one or two times in the last few minutes!) was plant extractions and chemicals :P

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:21 am

Ok, so it is agreed that there will be Human Ruins.
they wont take a big role. but i think Turner Running around with a Chainsaw committing Genocide on 40-50 thousand wolfs at a time before the chain broke would be cool.

the Bunny Humping is a maybe. Turners wife got Kill
Runescape sucks. people hate RPG.
it would be cool to forge spikes on you're armor.
and guns (i disagree fully here sorry leDoOd, i think its not in character of the universe. i do like crossbows or long and short bows)

potassium nitrate, charcoal, and sulfur in the ratio of 15:3:2 are what Black powder is made from.
and maybe some alchemy use. making of Healing slaves or Food poisoner.

and heres one thing i have thought about. Fein Death. some one swings a fist into you're gut. you press a key and Turner rag dolls. taking all flopping DMG. EG: Enemy picks you up and chucks you. you roll down a bank, ETC.

its used so you can escape a fight that you may not want to fight. how ever the enemy is entitled to take things off you. and they may see though it. and it also takes you to hold you're breath, or shallow breath, there for not much Oxygen to the brain and insta-passout

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:44 am

If there WAS gunpowder I doubt it would be used for guns. Maybe put in a thin steel case with a fuse to use as a concussion grenade (not a powerful one, but it works), but, with the gun you WOULD be able to make (a hollowed out tube with a little hole in the back/top to put the fuse in) you're better off sticking your sword in them because it would be too inaccurate.

As for the spikes, I'd love to see something like tht. Get a helmet and put a little spike on the side so if any bunny tries to $@!*ing spin kick me their foot/paw/whatever is going to be impaled.

WOuld like to see that with weapons. You have a base weapon, and then you can forge a variety of things on it. A metal pole, for example, you would be able to force flangs onto it to make it a flanged mace, or maybe a blade to make it like a pole/blade thing. Wouldn't this be hard to implement though?