Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun May 11, 2008 2:02 am

I personaly thought that the story would be intersting if turner became a hermit and you seek training from him. considering the rabbits Cherp and dont speak, I think it would be intersting if the Game used your player name over a "Main Hero" charictor.

Maybe there could be multipule campains?

Example:

1. Turner's Pourpose (Turners Campain (liniar)) : The main game. unlocks unlocables)
2. (unlock) Avenging the Fallen (Shurly's campain (wolf) (Liniar)): A Campain where you play as one of the only survivors of Ash's Pack. Shurly watched her mother and the Alpha wolf be killed by turners hand, she also was struck in the chest with Turners Sword. Driven by Bitter feelings, she atempts to Find and kill Turner.

3. (Alternative) A New hero (Player charictor Campain (Open ended)): A Free Roaming Campain with a plot. you are the main charictor, choosing how your charictor devlopes.

4. (unlock) Battle of the Bad lands (Multiplayer (Open ended)): A Catastophic battle that takes place, the Wolves and Rabbits have a Stand off. team based Multiplayer.

OMG, I think im trying to posion the Developers mind... :shock:
David, have I poisend your mind with my Good/Bad ideas? (direct Q to David, no one else)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun May 11, 2008 3:03 am

Turner's… Porpoise?

SINCE WHEN DID TURNER HAVE A PORPOISE?! :shock:

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun May 11, 2008 7:35 am

ROFLMAO PORPOISE

Ok Colic, get yourself the newest version of Firefox. It's got a spellchecker. Or is that just the Firefox 3 beta?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun May 11, 2008 1:18 pm

BunnyWithStick wrote:SINCE WHEN DID TURNER HAVE A PORPOISE?! :shock:
I don't know...BUT HE NEEDS ONE. :shock:

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun May 11, 2008 6:27 pm

...why in fuck's name is there a storyline where turner gets a dolphin coli? As a matter of fact, forget I asked.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun May 11, 2008 8:16 pm

FYI, in OSX all apps that use standard Cocoa text fields tend to have "Check Spelling as you Type" in one of the menus or the preferences dialog.

The moral of the story: With OSX, you don't need to switch apps to get spellcheck. :P

I seem to recall Colicedus using a PC lately, though…

Ragdollmaster

Post by Ragdollmaster » Sun May 11, 2008 9:52 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:I personaly thought that the story would be intersting if turner became a hermit and you seek training from him. considering the rabbits Cherp and dont speak, I think it would be intersting if the Game used your player name over a "Main Hero" charictor.

Maybe there could be multipule campains?

Example:

1. Turner's Pourpose (Turners Campain (liniar)) : The main game. unlocks unlocables)
2. (unlock) Avenging the Fallen (Shurly's campain (wolf) (Liniar)): A Campain where you play as one of the only survivors of Ash's Pack. Shurly watched her mother and the Alpha wolf be killed by turners hand, she also was struck in the chest with Turners Sword. Driven by Bitter feelings, she atempts to Find and kill Turner.

3. (Alternative) A New hero (Player charictor Campain (Open ended)): A Free Roaming Campain with a plot. you are the main charictor, choosing how your charictor devlopes.

4. (unlock) Battle of the Bad lands (Multiplayer (Open ended)): A Catastophic battle that takes place, the Wolves and Rabbits have a Stand off. team based Multiplayer.

OMG, I think im trying to posion the Developers mind... :shock:
David, have I poisend your mind with my Good/Bad ideas? (direct Q to David, no one else)

Total dee-dee-dee words: 25.
Grade: D-

The English Language wrote: Please stop aggressively raping me Coli.

(,_,) Get a spell checker Coli.

Now back on topic: Multiple campaigns and unlockables would be the sex if David could code them in. Hidden weapons and side quests :O

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon May 12, 2008 12:14 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:Multiple campaigns and unlockables would be the sex if David could code them in. Hidden weapons and side quests :O
David can code in anything. That's why he is the Dev God.

Well, something like that anyway.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Mon May 12, 2008 12:42 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:dee-dee-dee
Do you know what you did wrong?

On a note of relevance, porpoises would be silly. Turner needs a whale to refit into a living artillery platform.

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Mon May 12, 2008 6:58 pm

Guys, lets face it.

If you want correct spelling, don't use the internet as an example.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon May 12, 2008 7:31 pm

Well it's only like one person so... it's not very hard to fix... you don't have to put everyone on the internet in league with CM's spelling, most people do actually know how to use spell checker. Proper spelling is one of David's rules CM, so you should start doing it.

Hidden weapons and unlockable campaigns are, in my opinion, not that great, they don't ruin the game, but it looks amateurish and stuff that should be given to an intern or a level designer with a lot of extra time on his hands. If you want more campaigns, that should be in a sequel or as episodic content. If you want more weapons they shouldn't be unlockables in the sense that you beat the game or something, and you get a new weapon, they should just be hard to get weapons or like in Grand Theft Auto where they are really expensive and aren't found until the end.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue May 13, 2008 6:11 am

I really don't think Resident Evil 4 was amateurish.

Makrond

Post by Makrond » Tue May 13, 2008 7:08 am

Sure it was. Having never played the game, I can't testify to the truth of that statement, but I can say it all I like.

Anyway, I would still prefer hidden fighting moves over hidden weapons. It would work great with an in-game move editor, which could be gradually introduced by requiring certain types of moves to defeat certain enemies.

Then again, the more I play with that idea, the worse it sounds - it forces the player to do things, which is great for tutorials, but I like freedom. The move editor would be fun as long as it was dumbed down enough.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed May 14, 2008 1:59 am

I'm sorry, but I thought the unlockables in RE4 were especially amateurish. Like the typewriter gun, it did 999 damage and was fully automatic, I found no entertainment in it. Same with the infinite rocket launcher. They were so overpowered I didn't even know how to have fun with them. The coolest thing to do with the machine gun is spray fully automatic at a group of zombies while they are closing in on you, but the typewriter would one hit kill every shot so there was no fun in it. I would have kept beating the game over and over again but once I got the fedora hat and typewriter there was like no point to continue. I tried just not using the typewriter but then I felt cheated somehow and the rest of the game was sapped of its game play after that huge disappointment of an unlock.
The bonus missions weren't that great either. They weren't very polished in comparison to the main game so I didn't really bother playing them a whole lot, but what I did play was more frustrating than fun.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed May 14, 2008 6:29 am

Ragdollmaster wrote:...why in fuck's name is there a storyline where turner gets a dolphin coli? As a matter of fact, forget I asked.
Ah fuck! I know my spelling Is really asking for it, but please look past it... Plz, I am Comp jumping at the mom, I have very little time to Correct my spelling due to sudden travil. Things are really hairy for me :(

Just be gratful I dont type like this: I kin alwz typo lke diz nd mik ur iz curddel lolz :P

Ok, renamed: Turners Reason!