Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
marmorek

Post by marmorek » Wed May 14, 2008 8:49 pm

Zantalos wrote:I'm sorry, but I thought the unlockables in RE4 were especially amateurish. Like the typewriter gun, it did 999 damage and was fully automatic, I found no entertainment in it. Same with the infinite rocket launcher. They were so overpowered I didn't even know how to have fun with them. The coolest thing to do with the machine gun is spray fully automatic at a group of zombies while they are closing in on you, but the typewriter would one hit kill every shot so there was no fun in it. I would have kept beating the game over and over again but once I got the fedora hat and typewriter there was like no point to continue. I tried just not using the typewriter but then I felt cheated somehow and the rest of the game was sapped of its game play after that huge disappointment of an unlock.
The bonus missions weren't that great either. They weren't very polished in comparison to the main game so I didn't really bother playing them a whole lot, but what I did play was more frustrating than fun.
Unlockable weapons don't have to be incredibly powerful. They can just be slightly better or cooler looking than the other ones. (eg. A "Sting" imitation that would glow when enemies were near.) Just random cool stuff like that.

A chainsaw would be sweet, though. Maybe its downside would be that it slowed you down a lot.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Wed May 14, 2008 11:19 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:
Ragdollmaster wrote:...why in fuck's name is there a storyline where turner gets a dolphin coli? As a matter of fact, forget I asked.
Ah fuck! I know my spelling Is really asking for it, but please look past it... Plz, I am Comp jumping at the mom, I have very little time to Correct my spelling due to sudden travil. Things are really hairy for me :(

Just be gratful I dont type like this: I kin alwz typo lke diz nd mik ur iz curddel lolz :P

Ok, renamed: Turners Reason!
Reason? Reason for what? Who are you reasoning with??

And we're not laughing at your spelling, we're laughing at how awesome "Turner's Porpoise" sounds. It's the most awesome piece of humour we've ever seen! :D

…what? Okay, it's the most awesome piece of humour I'VE ever seen. :roll:

OKAY, FINE. It's the most awesome piece of humour I've seen in a while!

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu May 15, 2008 7:42 am

We'll have to agree to disagree. I didn't see the typewriter are as amateurish, I saw it as a novel distraction that'd make the game a bit cooler. It's fun playing with the typewriter in my opinion. God moding is cool. Lawl

Anyway we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. Resident Evil 4 was fantastic in terms of gameplay, although I'll have to agree the bonus Mercenary missions were a load of shite. I played them for like 5 minutes and got bored. It seemed like I was playing it for the sake of beating it rather than for actually having fun.

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Thu May 15, 2008 10:50 pm

I think there needs to be dolphins in the game now.

pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Thu May 15, 2008 11:14 pm

I think a chainsaw should be powerful, but really loud so everyone would hear it and attract attention.

Like an entire village.

Well that depends how big the village is.

Anyway

I'm blabbering.

AGAIN

As I always do...

...I'm going to stop while I'm ahead.

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Fri May 16, 2008 1:33 pm

Chainsaw sounds very good!

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Fri May 16, 2008 1:35 pm

*revs chainsaw*
ARRRRRRRRRURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
*chainsaw makes contact with enemy*
GUSHGUSHGUSHCRUNCHGUSH
*villagers look up*
*chainsaw rabbit looks at villagers*
*villagers look at chainsaw rabbit*
ZERG RUSH KEKEKEKEKKE

Could be fun :)

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Fri May 16, 2008 1:46 pm

Could be?
That would be Fucking Awsome! :twisted:

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sat May 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Chainsaw man wrote:Random idea for Training misson:

Cut sceen/ingame movie: Turner Comes to a Old Burrial ground similar in aperance to the Origonal Training zone. Turner turns to a spot with an old grave. he kneels down infront of it, and begins to meditate. the Air gets mysty, and the eyes of old long deads gaze from all around him.
Turner stands and Turns to one of them. He converse with them for a moment, a very close, sad coversation, the Ghost begins the training misson.

after the Training misson the Mist dies down, and the Level tells you to exit though the same entry...

What would you guys say to a Supernatual Element added to the game?
It dose not have to dominate the game, but it could make the game interesting.
Going off this Idea i had before, I had a random thought of houmor.

If you travil back to this Training level / grave yard in the it will let you enter the Registration code via the game using a bag of runes, in order to both unlock it (its all typed in the GUI) and let you fight a Hidden boss in the spirit world: the shareware Demond, or for my egos sake: The Colidasi (pronounced Coly- Dasi) (play on Colicedus)!

A Demonic kitty armed with Dual Chainsaws! :twisted:
Ill send a Concept art when I can... But that would be the Ultamate Referance to me if forum users are made Referance to, and it could be how Turner gets the Chainsaw (asuming it will be in the game)

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sat May 17, 2008 10:12 pm

Did you misspell Demon just because Spiderweb Software invented the Shareware Demon, or was that just a coincidence? :P

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun May 18, 2008 12:51 am

Um... ya? :)

Well, since when could you fight the shareware demon in Avernum?
Since when could he be an optonal boss that hands you over some thing to make you say "Hoy, hoy, Im the bunny, packing 2 strokes of Vin Vin Vinnnn!!"?

Since when was he a Feline Spirit thingy that dual whealds Chainsaws?
And Since when was the Shareware demond called: Colidasi, ummm... Keeper of the fallen!! ??
Ok, Good idea taken... :(

is there any chance of that being good with allot of Tweeks, and alterations to make it an origonal charictor?

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Sun May 18, 2008 6:32 am

Yeah, but you know how people have a strange fascination with suing people over naming things the same as one of their trademarks? Although I doubt Spiderweb Software sue people much…

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun May 18, 2008 8:46 am

Or we could just make Gears Of War 2 instead of Lugaru 2, wouldn't that be fun? :roll:

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Sun May 18, 2008 11:47 am

Renegade_Turner wrote:Or we could just make Gears Of War 2 instead of Lugaru 2, wouldn't that be fun? :roll:
No, because Epic games would sue for taken the anme of one of there games. If we Did such a thing we must ether call it:

Gears o Whack! 2
Gyros of War! 2
or the ultamate game ripp off:
Gyros of Whack 2! :P

Chainsaw man

Post by Chainsaw man » Wed May 21, 2008 2:31 pm

Ok, Scrap the Demonic shareware monster from the near realm, but I like the idea of Hidden nooks and Crannies, tangent quests that can change out comes, or get you neat stuff, and maybe other dimensions and ghosts and what have you.