Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Count Roland

footprints

Post by Count Roland » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:19 pm

not sure if this has been mentioned before, but will there be ways to tell what type an animal was, wether it was walking, sneaking, running, or animal running, those would be pretty cool.

xrodneyx

Re: Lugaru 2 - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Post by xrodneyx » Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:41 am

I'd love if only some person in Lugaru 2 could move near like Vamp (guy with black hair) in this video
( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k535AOzuNRQ ), is the way he moves totally awesome? so inhuman and plastic
Sadly i think there will no motion-capture in Lugaru 2 of course :roll: :) and i suppose it would be very difficult to give to gameplay characters that kind of out-of-standart animation (in actual fights).
Sorry if i annoy anyone with these Metal Gear Solid movies. Maybe i just wanted to say that i want to see some exciting animation in L2
i know about my engrish, as some say :)

agarrett

Post by agarrett » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:30 pm

I have an idea.

Bunny agents.

Your protecting the bunny king and all of a sudden he gets shot in the back with an arrow (replaced gun with arrow because no guns in Lugaru 2 :( . Then you become all tense and climb up buildings and look for the assassinator. Then more of your friends get killed. Then you find the killer and stab him in the back.

Random:
If your Turner you refuse to be the next King AGAIN, so someone gets mad and tries to kill you then you throw dwarfs at him and they eat his head. ~cough~ Artemis Fowl ~cough~. :D

Nitsua

Post by Nitsua » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:21 pm

Bow and arrows would be cool.

princecinnamonboots

Re:

Post by princecinnamonboots » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:37 am

rudel_ic wrote:Death cry: When players die slowly (bleeding out, for example) or with a health amount that's closely below zero, the player yells out really loud. All actors in a certain distance turn away from the dying player, cover their ears and make a few steps away. This affects players and NPCs. You can turn it on and off on multiplayer servers, it doesn't exist in singleplayer though.
Awesome!

invertin

Post by invertin » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:38 am

All these skill ideas make Lugaru 2 sound like an epic RPG! We already know it isn't an epic RPG it's an epic fighting game. No wait, not just epic. EPIX!

Epix is a word now.

I'd like to see a huge variety of different weapons with different fighting styles and uses. That's really it.

For instance- I don't want the halberd and the staff to have a similar fighting style, I want the halberd to have a more crowd based fighting style and the staff being all about knocking people a distance away.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:29 pm

I haven't always followed all 119 pages of this thread, so I don't know if someone else has already mentioned it, but ... what about a highly flexible replay feature, similar to that in Driver 2 or Halo 3? I already said it in another thread, but this kind of thing makes the creation of game movies about a million times easier and presents infinite possibilities.

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:37 am

Viking Zippy wrote:I haven't always followed all 119 pages of this thread, so I don't know if someone else has already mentioned it, but ... what about a highly flexible replay feature, similar to that in Driver 2 or Halo 3? I already said it in another thread, but this kind of thing makes the creation of game movies about a million times easier and presents infinite possibilities.
with bullet time?
haha

yeah, i reckon that would be cool.
and it would be cool to set up heaps of scenes and stuff, so you can make awesome videos and shit - like that 'project 1000' video or something... I know there are tonnes of very cinematic music vids out there, but i couldnt think of any others.

I think lugaru has cool potential. :]

wormguy

Re: Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Post by wormguy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:39 pm

Changed the title of the thread to reflect the name change.

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:29 pm

want a medal?

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:43 pm

Yeah, that'd be nice.

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:46 pm

__
// \\
|| ||
\\ //
\\//
(#1)
Congratulations!

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:26 am

I don't know if David has seen this but this is a really cool city generator. It looks like a pipe game at first but they model in the buildings later.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 71592.html
It would be so awesome if David could make something like that. Except they probably would not resemble crowded metropolitan cites so much. but anyways it's really neat. It can make cities that are very simple with few branching roads, or make them very complex with a center and circular branching roads, or very straight and block like with square branching roads, a lot of different kinds. Also it looks like they wrap around the landscape.

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Randomly generated cities (and other environments) would be amazing.

Glabbit

Post by Glabbit » Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:45 am

Awls yaw!
and with Turner's obvious epic mario-like ninja walljumping skills, we'd get to the second-highest building in no time! =D