Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:05 pm

leDoOd wrote:Debug online would be fun for two minutes, then some jerk would become invincible and win all the games. Slo-mo wouldn't work online either, unless David invents something to slow down time for everyone in the game when it happens.

Personally, I think it would rock if, in single player, Turner KO'd someone, it would show a close-up of their face getting socked, the shock waves coming out in slow motion, teeth falling out, blood and spit going everywhere... kinda like Fight Night, but a lot more intense.
Think about about it, someone goes invincible... yeah so what? It's not cheating if everyone has access to the same ability, everyone could just go invincible too, it wouldn't matter.
Now, he changed his idea from 'debug' mode to simply having 'match settings' but, debug mode does sound really cool.
Since Lugaru's map editor is essentially just you running around, it would be alot easier, and actually fun to do, if other people could be there too. Fact, that would be awesome, totally unheard of.

Though I do think the KOs could use some special slo motion and pausing from Fight Night. Instead of just slo motion, there could be full pauses for a half second while you get hit. That's all they used to make punches intense in Fight Night 2004, instead of all the face rippling and liquid spraying, they simply freezed the replay a bit and adjusted the slow motion speed to make it look really cool, and it did look really cool.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:52 pm

I meant for basic games like CTF or deathmatch, if one guy turns on invincibility (admin, hacker, whatever) it ruins the balance of the game. Then everyone else has to, no one dies, it shifts away from the focus of the game (fighting) to farting around with rocks, blood, fire, and all the new debug features.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:04 pm

OMG!! Think about it! Multiple people working on a multiplayer place at once! One big construction team and a person telling people to build stuff here and there! :D I WANT!

marmorek

Post by marmorek » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:37 am

NickD wrote:OMG!! Think about it! Multiple people working on a multiplayer place at once! One big construction team and a person telling people to build stuff here and there! :D I WANT!
Or imagine being able to place objects during a multiplayer fight. Mr. Rabbit is about to run into a stone wall ...

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:05 am

:lol: It would be even more funny if you could place an object in the stage and have gravity pull it down onto someone... and SPLAT :twisted: !

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:16 am

Super Strength should give you the ability to lift blocks.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:39 am

:D yah, but I think that making a huge block magicly apear over someone's head is a lot more... magical :P . Or just have a chainsaw replace where their head used to be with a bloody mees left behind 8) .

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:12 am

Chainsaws! :twisted:

Now... what have we not covered in ideas?
We have a lot of Multiplayer ideas, we have combat ideas growing out our ears. there is going to be new Weaponry like the pike, and a range of newer and Shinier, not to mention Deadlier weaponry! and Multiplayer.

a better Designed map Editor (thank God, I mean Chainsaws, I mean David (We owe it all to David))

Well what More Can we add?

and I ask David this.
if the answer is no, No hard Feelings about it...
Will there Be any implementation of Chainsaws in Lugaru 2?

eastshore4

Post by eastshore4 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:46 pm

i like that multiplayer map editor idea. when you're in map editor mode, turner should have a little construction hat on.

I also think there should be a multiplayer mode, we'll call it a "superhero" match. you can choose to have either super strength (think strength 4 in L1), super speed (speed 1.4 in L1).

you'd get major kudos all around (press included) for adding such unique multiplayer modes

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:01 pm

I don't know if this has been asked, but how hard would it be to add weapons in L2? I think it's been mentioned that it will be easy to mod in general, but would it be possible to create new weapons that don't use the animations for some other weapon? In other words, will there be the equivalent of a .solid editor that we will have access to?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:30 am

I think there will be some sort of animation/modeling tool,
together with the level editor.
The modding possibilities will be many, I hope :)

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:33 am

Where did you hear that :) ? I'd love to make my own animations and equiptment and stuff like that :D ! That'll be fun.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:33 am

*Drools* 8)

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:35 am

Colicedus wrote:*Drools* 8)
:lol: How random. We all know that you're drooling anyways. Just thinking about making a chainsaw in the L2 mod.

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:37 am

Oh I can't promise anything ofc.
I'm just another forum member :P
But I think David said that there might be a animation thing,
but it was pretty long ago.