Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Sun Nov 05, 2006 6:54 pm

Oh yah, I forgot. Will you be able to make custom levels for online mode? And then you can host them somwhere so people can download & play in it. That would be so awesome!

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:40 pm

Oh and in Multiplayer there needs to be CHAINSAW Massacre mode!
Give me a 3D Graphics software and i will do the Chainsaw, Textures, and all.

that would be a Cool way of Demonstrating Softbody Physics.
Oh yea... while i am on models and Gore and that Kinda Rot (Will there Be Necrosis in L2?)

With the Soft body, we know there Will be Flesh wounds, but what if some one wants to take out Stress and Gut a guy? (one Reason i liked Lugaru)

I don't want to Stab a Guy and have the G Man Demo Happen all over again. I want to see a Guys End Trails Hang out. I want the Bone to Stop you're Puny Knife Ripping though some ones Arm. I want to See layers of Fat and Blood Spatter, I want the Organs to to Show, I want to be able to to Horrific Things to my Enemies, like Eat there Liver, or there Heart, maybe Feed a wolfs Organs to his pack at some organized Diner. and skin Him so I can have a Rabbit/Wolf Rug? :twisted:

that would be cool.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:58 pm

I think I've discovered something…

You like gore. :P

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:53 pm

Wow! You figured that out all on your own?!

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:15 am

that would be me :)
so what about the Chainsaw Idea?

Speaker of the No0b

Post by Speaker of the No0b » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:49 am

Chainsaws might be going a little too far. Another problem is; You know how in video games, when you get into a really crowded room full of people, the game starts to SLOOOOOOW down? Yeah, well imagine the framerate if every one of those people was spilling entrails all over the floor. I feel deeply sorry for all those mac users without an intel chip.

Silb
Master cartographer

Post by Silb » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:11 am

Uh-uh. And a flamethrower?

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:30 am

I'm 100% for a chainsaw, in form of a mod. It would be fun :twisted:

Nice, Silb, tag combining ftw.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:29 am

I'm 100% against chainsaws.
Unless in a total conversion. :\

Stop bugginnnggggg about itttttt.

About the multiplayer custom level thing.... That only makes sense.
See, the main world will be huuuuge. Except for total conversions and other kind of singleplayer maps, why shouldn't one be able to make your own?
Hmm... Editing the original map, and playing the edited one against others with the original... Cheating... Bad! >_>

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:38 pm

Chainsaws r fun...
they give you a moment to Enjoy soft body phisics.
I know there needs to be some in it. Now stop being so anti Chainsaw. There Just needs to be one. even if its in the add ons or as a Debug weapon.
If you gave Me some compatable 3D model making programs that work with the Phenix (can't spell it, :( ) I will do it. I will also work on its Texturs as well. Add the Chainsaw! :twisted:

eastshore4

Post by eastshore4 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:24 pm

I don't want to Stab a Guy and have the G Man Demo Happen all over again. I want to see a Guys End Trails Hang out. I want the Bone to Stop you're Puny Knife Ripping though some ones Arm. I want to See layers of Fat and Blood Spatter, I want the Organs to to Show, I want to be able to to Horrific Things to my Enemies, like Eat there Liver, or there Heart, maybe Feed a wolfs Organs to his pack at some organized Diner. and skin Him so I can have a Rabbit/Wolf Rug?

it's folks like you that we have to hide in the bushes whilest matching wits with Jack Thompson.

i'm sure you're kidding :wink: but seriously, people on the internet sure are violent. I've been doing this whole message board stuff for about four months, and everywhere I go it's GORE GORE GORE! i go to a board for my favorite anime, and almost everyone who has their idea of a perfect ending always has these really dark, bloody ideas. then there's this forum, where people want these crazy death sequences where we revel in an enemies bloody demise for a good ten seconds. when did the internet become a cannibal corpse song?

i do think a buncha whacky over the top weapons would be fun in an add-on or debug mode. given these physics are going to be really fun to screw with, Ima NEED to have a bit of non-scripted fun in some sorta virtual playgrouind.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:25 pm

eastshore4 wrote:
I don't want to Stab a Guy and have the G Man Demo Happen all over again. I want to see a Guys End Trails Hang out. I want the Bone to Stop you're Puny Knife Ripping though some ones Arm. I want to See layers of Fat and Blood Spatter, I want the Organs to to Show, I want to be able to to Horrific Things to my Enemies, like Eat there Liver, or there Heart, maybe Feed a wolfs Organs to his pack at some organized Diner. and skin Him so I can have a Rabbit/Wolf Rug?

it's folks like you that we have to hide in the bushes whilest matching wits with Jack Thompson.

i'm sure you're kidding :wink: but seriously, people on the internet sure are violent. I've been doing this whole message board stuff for about four months, and everywhere I go it's GORE GORE GORE! i go to a board for my favorite anime, and almost everyone who has their idea of a perfect ending always has these really dark, bloody ideas. then there's this forum, where people want these crazy death sequences where we revel in an enemies bloody demise for a good ten seconds. when did the internet become a cannibal corpse song?

i do think a buncha whacky over the top weapons would be fun in an add-on or debug mode. given these physics are going to be really fun to screw with, Ima NEED to have a bit of non-scripted fun in some sorta virtual playgrouind.
People Eating other Guts Out, Tralalala lalalalaaaa.
People Spilling, people Cleaving, People Triping on there End trails. Tralalalala lalalaaaa :twisted:

Why do I feel So Optimistic than I usually am :?:

you have to Respect what I have done, by going on the Net i have Single handily Warped all of you're Minds to be Slapstick Blood Oriented...
Mwahahahaha!

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:17 pm

umm.... how about a better (or easier) map editor? :lol: was that already mentioned before :P ?

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:19 am

Colicedus wrote:...People Triping on there End trails...
tripe========================triping=============trip===============tripping=========end trails=============entrails
Image Image Image Image Image Image

This message
brought to you by:
Available only at
Silb’s Blackened Bunny® Bar-B-Q

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:20 am

:lol:
You just made my day.
Thanks, man XD