Overgrowth - Random Idea Dumping Thread

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:38 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:And what is iron sights?
Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

WHat they look like detached (pistol)

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:48 am

Maby you could make while aiming the Camra Temporeroly Revolves around the Crossbow. Use the Red line lazer light System like in Black Shades and have it zoom in more making Turner More tranceparent so you can see though him and aim. maby the Cross bow wobbles and like lazer dose not. you should make it more of a marksman thing than First person shooter or like the Daggers in Lugaru 1 and figure out Turners Breathing cycles. Mind you i have been using too many BB gun Rifles.

Just a thought that may help.

I also think that maby there should also be a Use of Poisons.
you can aply them to you're Dagger like Wepons. one slash from these may temporeroly Criple the Enamy Useless for X amont of time. posably casing Y amount of Damage.

I also think that if you are going to Use this In Multyplaer games the Rabbit Dudes should be fully customizable and give them Specal Things to make them look diferent for each player. maby giving them diferent walking styles per each player and Giving them Diferent ways of Swing those basic attacks. statisticly and effectivly they are all the same.

like for instance One Charitor may use the legcannon while one might do something holding an axe in midd air dragging behind him and smashs him with it.

maby from the last multi player game he carrys battle scars from the last. Missing fur. Holes in the ears. how ever if you did thow in Decapataons that may get rather difacult. lol

also (lol i am on fire today) i noted that in lugaru 1 you could Kick people into the fire in a Campain misson. why not Torchs, Lights people on fire. maby you could throw in a Challange misson with Sabotage. use the torch to light things on fire.

well theres some thoughts for you're game. will there be a Public beta?

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:38 am

I think that the poison daggers would be neat. How about a blowgun? Tranquilizers will make the enemy drunk for a few seconds or intill you hit them, while poison would have similar effects as bleeding (lose health over a period of thime, except this poison only lasts for a certain amount of time)

Torches aren't a bad idea either. I'd use them for illumination though (in caves and stuff). I don't know about setting fire to the bunnies that easily, don't want to make the game no competition :D.

As for decapitation... in Rune if you swun your sword/axe at their head somehow and it's the finishing blow then it would take their head off (works for throwing, too) and then you could pick it up and throw/swing it at people. (If your hit their arms enought ehn those would fall off :D).
Colicedus wrote:I also think that if you are going to Use this In Multyplaer games the Rabbit Dudes should be fully customizable
I was thinking about this for a while (except more on the appearance than the actual attacks)

In character setup mhave a screen appear with options on the left and a preview of your bunny on the right. I don't think Dave would be able to code super major things so maybe the options could be simple like using a little paintbrush to paint different color fur onto him, sliders to determin how fat/skinny parts of him are... of course, now that I think of it that would be difficult... maybe just upload a "furmap" which would be an image file that the game sees and puts different colored fur in different areas (similar to skinning, except less work). Then you could have clothes yadda yadda.

We like individuality... and if this was implemented Dave could use it to make unique rabbits throughout the campaign as well (as will the users will be able to, also :D)

I would love to see this in the game, but I'm not getting my hopes up >>

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:58 am

Colicedus wrote:I also think that if you are going to Use this In Multyplaer games the Rabbit Dudes should be fully customizable
I seem to remember David talking about the appearance of 'Turner' being very customizable; if it's available in singleplayer, why not have it be there in multiplayer as well? 8)

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:59 pm

Sage wrote:As for decapitation... in Rune if you swun your sword/axe at their head somehow and it's the finishing blow then it would take their head off (works for throwing, too) and then you could pick it up and throw/swing it at people. (If your hit their arms enought ehn those would fall off :D).
Rumor has it that Lugaru 2 is going to have a damage engine that is unbelievable.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:14 pm

Jeff wrote:Rumor has it that Lugaru 2 is going to have a damage engine that is unbelievable.
Then I don't believe you XX

Also,l the cutsomize thing could work in more than just miltiplayer... like important characters could use settings... and now I have to go so this post is unfinished.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:23 pm

You seem to keep talking about this Rune game, but it got godawful ratings. Doesn't sound too great a game for all the good ideas it seems to have.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:47 pm

Sometimes games are much less than the sum of their parts; Trespasser is a good example.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:01 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:You seem to keep talking about this Rune game, but it got godawful ratings. Doesn't sound too great a game for all the good ideas it seems to have.
Really? :( I remember Rune was pretty sweet. I only played it online though, so maybe it had crappy single player. I just remember it was pretty much like Unreal Tournament, but instead of guns, you had a fat axe.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:06 pm

About the crosshairs issue, why not have the air blur in the general trajectory of the arrow whenever you aim? It could act as Turner sensing where it'll land, without any ridiculously out of place modern precise sights.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 10, 2006 6:54 pm

Sartan wrote:About the crosshairs issue, why not have the air blur in the general trajectory of the arrow whenever you aim? It could act as Turner sensing where it'll land, without any ridiculously out of place modern precise sights.
I'm not sure, first we'd have to determine how we'd actually looks (first person, third person over shoulder etc.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Aug 10, 2006 7:48 pm

Blow Guns sound good. but i am talking about something that makes the Enamy Renderd unable to run. or maby they cant feel one half of there body and half of them rag dolls.

Torchs may have some thing like 3 charges and have a risk of alighting you maby? maby it counts as a mace. i do recall you could Roll and stop you're self from burning to death. it could be combind with TNT maby? lol. Turner could strap it to him and run into an encampment and KABBOMY. then again that may only be limited to Multiplayer.

Oh befor i start on Custom modles, i think that the Lady Rabbits in lugaru 1 looked like dudes. the only thing that set them apart was the names and the Fact that Turners wife called him hunnybunny.
all i say is they could be more femanin.

You could make one charitor a real Berzerker and have him look like a real bruser. maby he looks redy to take a chunk out of the Enamy.
make his legs far apart and maby cool running animatons.

maby a real Stealthy Bunny that looks Quick and has a real Qucik look to him. maby a good Dogge movement. maby he looks way better when he Sneeks.

then a charitor who looks like a real stand up Defencave and give him real cool looking Wepon steals and cool reversals.

how ever that dose not relly afect game play. it just looks cool.

Sage

Post by Sage » Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:03 pm

Colicedus wrote:Oh befor i start on Custom modles, i think that the Lady Rabbits in lugaru 1 looked like dudes. the only thing that set them apart was the names and the Fact that Turners wife called him hunnybunny.
all i say is they could be more femanin.
Don't forget the shirtfemale.png

Also, all of those "bruiser, stealthy etc." guys could be made if the "customizable character" idea was implimented (sliders for fatness, muscleness, footness, earness, and othernesses) and would be fully customizable :P.

Also, there could be doors that you have to lockpick if you're stealthy or bust down if you're strong enough to. Except lock picking won't be those weird "hold spacebar by a door to lockpick" id est Swat, or "whack pins and push buttons to pick it" id est Oblivion.

We need this kinda lockpicking :P

Of course, it would only be plausible on metal doors that you cannoy knock down or unlock with a key. I don't want crappy stuff behind those doors either like spend 50 years figuring out how to open the thing and you finally do and there's a spatula of +5 cheeseburger flopping.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:31 pm

Who would flop a perfectly good cheeseburger? :(
How about a stealth ability? You disappear on other players' maps and get way low to the ground. It'd have to be slow and unwieldy, but you could get up fast for stealth attacks.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:48 pm

Sorry to rain on your parade Sage, but I'm kinda against the whole RPG element. If every enemy carries "200 GP" and some useless jeweled accesories, then you start worrying about where to sell them, and once you sell them of course you use that money to buy some armor, which is in turn sold to a dealer across the street at a higher price, and finally you get your wonderful steel gauntlets, and go out into the wilderness to fight more wolves. Which of course, have 200 GP and some jeweled accesories!
In a nutshell, once your whole game revolves around material possessions, and getting the Spatula of +5 Cheeseburger Flopping, you stray away from the plot, and lose the fun of the game. I'd rather have a much simpler weapons system like Halo, (Just to give an example) where you have two interchangable weapons that can be ditched to pick up ones from the opponents.
I'm not ALL against the "customizable character" idea though, just as long as it doesn't become an obsession. Maybe just as a Multiplayer thing. "End of rant".