Post by Noob » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:56 pm

Wolves with dual weapons. No joke.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:36 pm

Rabbits with dual weapons. :D

Noob

Post by Noob » Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:39 pm

And some new weapons like rabbits with poison knifes!! WOOOOOT!

Salves? FORGET ABOUT IT! If you can't kill 'em fast you can't kill 'em at all!

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:43 pm

yay :x ! no slaves!

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:26 am

SALVES not slaves.

Heathen of the Week award goes to Noob.
(what does salves have to do with fast killing btw?)[/quote]

Noob

Post by Noob » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:16 am

You know, like salves for poison. Don't have them! This way you HAVE to kill them fast or you die from the poison.

-Noob the Heathen

GaGrin

Post by GaGrin » Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:35 am

I'm not entirely sure this is the ideal place to post this but I don't think its worthy of creating a new thread or reviving the old gore thread over.

If we have disabled limbs as an option, combined with the soft-body gore thing...

Does that mean that there are going to be mutilations? I ask because while the idea of having to fight with a disability picked up earlier in that fight is kinda cool - how can we cope with the healing process?

I was specifically thinking along the lines of say losing a chunk of an ear.

Its increadibly unlikey to stop a determined killer bunny like Turner, but it can't really be healed as such can it?

I actually think that be able to inflict seveve locational damage (and have it inflicted upon me in turn) would be a very cool effect. I'm just not sure how even non-crippling damage (like losing part of an ear, or a single finger) could be handled. And honestly I wouldn't like to see a situation where losing ANY part of your body made you totally unable to fight.

Losing a whole hand or foot is probably going to make you stop if you think you can surrender - but what if its a wolf? He's not going to offer you mercy - you've got to fight or die!

Losing a leg or arm at the mid-joint (by which I mean the knee or elbow) would probably put alot of people into shock - but it doesn't neccesaraly kill outright even if you are almost certainly going to bleed to death.

I understand that the game is going to be abstracting this to some degree or another - i'm just wondering to what degree people think it should fall.

One of the best games in so far as this i've played was Bloodrayne. It was possible to hit key joints on your enemies and severe them at those parts. I actually managed this on one of the bosses of the research lab - they take about 4-5 times the damage of the ordinary soldiers but it didn't matter because with my first attack I managed to severe his legs at the knees. He dropped crawled away from me, and the boss health bar just drained until he died.

I thought that was very cool - You had the same with hands, you'd take off a hand and they'd grab their wrist and run off.

What I DON'T want to see if how they handled it in Severance: Blade of Darkness, where the last attack always takes parts off. I just keep asking why the first 4 neck slices didn't do that :( If you can do you should be able to do it in one hit or not at all, unless you use the soft body thing...

Hmm. Complex topic. I wonder how I'd handle it...

eastshore4

Post by eastshore4 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:37 am

i don't think the violence should really go above what it was in L1. Lugaru is pretty violent, but it's not so dark that people lose limbs, get choked with piano wire, drown folks in a lake, become mutilated, etc. I think L1 did a fine job of displaying the brutality on hand without being too malicious. This is Lugaru, not "The Scar-father-hitman"

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:39 pm

I kinda want to see some more Blood. Not too much that is Ridiculous but Realistic Injuries. The Severed limbs are not Really what i aim for. they could be satisfying on a final hit to see that guy who was giving you a hard time have his arm Broken and the bone rips a hole in him. Or maybe Two knifes in the Bread Basket and have Falay~o~Intestines :twisted:

On a side note...

I ask what world is Lugaru In? Is it in its owen universe? the Mutants of the Nuclear war fair like i hear? A Asian world (wether it Have true History in mind or not) or Is it more Western/Eastern European?

Oh yea and something For game play I just thought up Out of the Blue:
Unlockable Campaigns. I gather the world is one of those Worlds where you can go anywhere in L2. but for doing Different things (Missions, Kills, Feats, ETC) you can Find other Parts of the story... Turners Story could be The main One with more to it and required to unlock everything and clock the game. There could be a Story about some wolf that was Exiled from the Pack, a story of how He survives a Divers Waste land, He Finds a Village of Rabbits who are under Siege by other Wolfs and He becomes a Hero among Rabbit Society. Then a Campaign about (assuming that the Nuke winter was part of the Story) A mans last 3 days before D-Day. a Civilian in a War torn Country. you are a Refugee that has to get out of the country before Th invaders Get reinforcements, but things Go Wrong... Then another Witch are Flash backs of Turners Life Before He Met His wife (there could be an Interesting story) He could have been a little Kid at the time (and there fore Limited with the attacks)

You would unlock them in Corresponding parts of Turners Story. The Story of the wolf Could be in a Tavern then turner Might wish to meet this wolf as his wolf was Ash's Brother and says he wishes to Challenge Turner The Wolf-Slayer. The Human story could be after Finding a Special Weapon (as I said before and, Ill say it again CHAINSAWS!) in old Domain of man (the Bunnies of cores don't know about this and turner Reads some old document/Starts up a Computer, ETC)
After Killing a particular Enemy/Goto turners Old Home He has a Flash back. He remembers the way things were Before He Lost the one He love so Dear. Before she was Violently Raped and Murdered (maybe not in that order.) He remembers the Good days (you could add combat some where to that, I remember Skipper said something along the lines of "I don't think we have to worry; I have seen you when you get mad" When they were talking about hiring Mercenaries)

These may be Deviating from the story that you had in mind but these were Examples. I play a game for the Story and making a Difference in it. People Watch Sope operas and Movies Sometimes for the babes, some times for the action, but it can never truly have a meaning or be Involving or Even Touch us unless it has the Drama. :|

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:09 pm

lol baby turner killing wolves...
I think having a notch cut out of your ear in a fight would be awesome. think how cool that would look.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:20 pm

Yeah, permanent damage to your body like scars or a nick on your ear might help personalize your character. You know, like a "My Turner has a scar over his mouth". "Well, yeah? Mine has his left ear nicked." That might be kind of cool.

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:59 pm

Well, if I could have a turner like that (lol. "A" turner :P ) he would have an eye missing and a gold tooth :x ! And he would go around saying "ju suis le quitte!" :shock:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:41 am

Noob wrote:You know, like salves for poison. Don't have them! This way you HAVE to kill them fast or you die from the poison.
If you get stabbed, take your time, and then kill the guy, you'll die later from poison. It doesn't matter if you kill him fast, you'll still get hurt from the poison, that doesn't change. So it's not like you just kill everyone on the screen, and all your cuts and poison effects are magically cured. Salves would not make a difference on "you HAVE to kill them fast," why would it?

I think it's been said that lugaru 2 is not going to consist of a string of rounds.
For Lugaru, alright, that makes sense though.
eastshore wrote:
bunnywithstick wrote: You already can jump from tree to tree in L1! (Just use walljumps on the trees, you can continue this about 2 or 3 times)
yeah I know, but I think it'd be cooler if there was a sorta "fluid" system I guess you could say. you ever play the spiderman games? something like the web slinging portions, but uhh... with tree hopping instead.
Yeah, the new trees look alot cooler and you're suppose to be able to destroy them (like totally kick someone through them and level the damn thing), and also climb them. I personally prefer the climbing controlls in Shadow Of The Colossus, a single button that allows you to hang whenever you want. (like when you're falling, tripping, jumping, sliding, you can hold onto stuff, it was pretty neat. Of course you were grabbing onto massive things, not delicate, artificially made structures.)

NickD
Charlotte Brontë

Post by NickD » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:25 pm

yay! that makes me want to knock down trees! not in real life though....

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:32 pm

Why not? :twisted: