Multiplayer features?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Lord_of_Sausage

Re: Multiplayer features?

Post by Lord_of_Sausage » Mon May 02, 2011 4:01 am

Well. Most likely there will be multiplayer PVP mods with this huge ammount of mod support we have.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Mon May 02, 2011 5:17 pm

Lord_of_Sausage wrote:Well. Most likely there will be multiplayer PVP mods with this huge ammount of mod support we have.
I sure hope the net code will be made in AngelScript! :D

meissner61

Post by meissner61 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:24 pm

didnt they post some in-house co-op video at some point a while away? It was probably just lan but still I Think i remember that

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri May 06, 2011 1:01 am

They did have multiple characters working once, a really, really long time ago. It was before the current characters, and IIRC even the animations had been created by putting in some numbers to code. Even if that detail is wrong, it was a long time ago on an engine that didn't have any physics or stuff going on.

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Fri May 06, 2011 7:42 am

meissner61 wrote:didnt they post some in-house co-op video at some point a while away? It was probably just lan but still I Think i remember that
There it is.
But, as Endoperez said, the engine used isn´t the current one, which probably is the reason it is labeled "Pre-Overgrowth".

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Fri May 06, 2011 9:44 am

Krabman318 wrote:
meissner61 wrote:didnt they post some in-house co-op video at some point a while away? It was probably just lan but still I Think i remember that
There it is.
But, as Endoperez said, the engine used isn´t the current one, which probably is the reason it is labeled "Pre-Overgrowth".

They also did this test, which was done in the new engine... although REALLY early in the process...

JarnuK

Post by JarnuK » Sat May 07, 2011 10:11 pm

what about multiplayer lan. Me and my friends still use lan to play halo and would love to be able to do the same with Overgrowth.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 pm

JarnuK wrote:what about multiplayer lan. Me and my friends still use lan to play halo and would love to be able to do the same with Overgrowth.
The devs have said they would like to provide co-op multiplayer, so I would expect to see more information on that topic in the future. I think LAN would be a great way to do it... and I wouldn't be surprised if we see that first.