Praise

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Knoton

Praise

Post by Knoton » Fri May 26, 2006 11:40 pm

I just found this game/site via Digg.com and I have to say my jaw has dropped in awe of the dedication this dev team has shown in the past year(I went through the blog, not done yet though) and you guys are amazing. There are things implemented in your engine that is just now starting to show up in the middleware for big name games. The example I can think of is the physics/animation hybrid that you have had implemented for almost a year. I have just heard of(via Digg) of software that does something similar to this for the Xbox 360. But the fact that this was implemented quickly directly into the engine is amazing. Bravo, I am definitely buying Lugaru 1 & 2 when it comes out. :D :D :D :D

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Fri May 26, 2006 11:49 pm

Luguru 1 already is out.

Knoton

Post by Knoton » Fri May 26, 2006 11:55 pm

I meant Lugaru 1 & then buy Lugaru 2 when it comes out

Eric
Support Ninja Master

Post by Eric » Sat May 27, 2006 2:44 am

and the amazing thing is that most of this work comes from one man.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sat May 27, 2006 3:02 am

Thanks! I am doing my best to focus on writing technology that is actually new, such as the animation system. However, I only have enough time to do this because I am now working with a team of talented artists who are creating all of the audiovisual content, so I can focus almost entirely on game design and programming. 8)

Knoton

Post by Knoton » Sat May 27, 2006 8:32 am

Well, keep it up guys. I eagerly await the final product.

Plague

Post by Plague » Wed May 31, 2006 12:27 am

Hey, just joined the forums and I have to agree. The dedication of your dev team and the work you have put into the engine is truly inspiring. I myself am making a game in the Torque Game Engine, and I understand the amount of work it takes to make something of this caliber.

My favorite game on your list is Black Shades. I'm having a ball creating my own custom levels. Doing things such as setting all enemies to "unarmed" and giving myself a shotgun.

Lugaru is interesting, but a bit difficult wouldn't you say?
I've tried the demo, and my favorite thing about the game is the way the character feels. There aren't many online games that allow you to really move past the constraints of a human physiological build and into the realm of insane flips, kicks, and jumps. And I salute that.

If it's possible, I would like to request making "Lightning's Shadow" windows compatible. I've never run a Mac and I doubt i'll be able to afford one for a long time. It seems like an excellent game, and I know multiple other people who are hoping it will be ported. Like I said, excellent job on the games so far, keep it up.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:03 pm

I can already see Plague is an intriguing forum member in the making. This forum needed something to spice it up. He better be it. Or else.

Also, get Lugaru. There's so much more valuable content such as the rest of the campaign/challenge levels and Silb's new campaign (is it even new anymore). There's also a couple dozen other cool user maps, the use of weapons, and an upcoming StaffShock campaign undergoing heavy scrutiny and speculation. Just kidding.

Plague

Post by Plague » Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:41 pm

I have the game now. I've completed the original campaign as a wolf, and as turner. And i've also completed the Temple campaign. Now that that's out of the way, I might as well try my hand at mapping...

I have an idea for my own campaign, and from studying Silb's work, I have a pretty good idea of what needs done. It probably won't take too long after I figure out the map editor.

Of course i'll have to make time for it in-between my own game, and work...but that's life.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:26 am

That's...groovy.