Really close to buying but...

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
DavidSG

Really close to buying but...

Post by DavidSG » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:16 pm

I really want to buy this game, but I played it on a friends computer when it was still in alpha 130, and every time a character went into ragdoll, either by pressing N, M, or (,), the computer just dropped down to 8 or 10 fps. His computer isn't great, but its still moderately good at running games. I don't know why this would happen when they go into the ragdoll mode. Did anyone else have this problem back at A130? Is it just the computer? I want this game so bad!

johndh

Re: Really close to buying but...

Post by johndh » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:22 pm

There is still a lot of optimization left to do, so it's likely to be less of a problem in later versions. Plus, if it gets released and still doesn't run well on your computer, I bet the Wolfire team will be happy to give you a refund.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:31 am

It's mostly the computer, since some people can run Overgrowth without ragdolls slowing it down too much. However, part of it is Overgrowth itself. As was said above, it hasn't been optimized yet, so it doesn't work at all on integrated graphics cards, and very poorly in older cards.

DavidSG

Post by DavidSG » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 am

Will buying this: http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs ... 42A5CA7304 increase the games speed? I've heard buying memory will makes games run faster.

Kicktar

Post by Kicktar » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Eh, it can help, but it's better to get a graphics card or CPU, usually.