Blocking ragdolls.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
DavidSG

Blocking ragdolls.

Post by DavidSG » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:29 pm

Ok, so in an earlier update, ragdolls that sort of went into a blocking position were put in the game, and when you press "n" or "," on the keyboard your character goes into the blocking ragdoll position. When you knock down and enemy they also go into the blocking ragdoll position. For some reason, every time this happens, my framerate just drops substantially until they are get out of this position anymore. I know this is not a problem with my graphics card as I have an NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT and a memory of 512 mb. However, I only have 3 gb of RAM. I can run Left 4 Dead 2 at the highest graphics quality, run Battlefield Bad Company 2 at medium quality, Is it more RAM that I need? Somebody please help me.

Kicktar

Re: Blocking ragdolls.

Post by Kicktar » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:32 pm

It's probably the processor, can you find out what it's called?

DavidSG

Post by DavidSG » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:48 pm

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5400+ 2.81 GHz

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:21 pm

This post would fit better in the SPF forum.

I haven't checked it myself, but I assume it would be possible. However, since the alphas' codebase changes every week, the only way for you to have it disabled in all future versions would be for you to learn to do it yourself. I don't think it'd be that complicated. You can open the script files (probably the aschar.as) in any text editor, and then you just add a few slash marks to the correct place.

If you're not familiar with code, here's a pseudo-example.

Code: Select all

if( condition checks true ) [ 
   do stuff between;
   hooked parentheses;
   line by line;
   // this line is disabled;
   lines are disabled;
   // by adding double slash;
]
Basically, you need to learn to recognize the condition that checks when the in-pain animation is used, and to recognize the line you have to disable. There might be multiple conditions that each trigger the pain animation, but probably just one or two. However, the condition(s) are unlikely to change once they have been added, so you could find them by searching for them in the script file. If you're not familiar with scripting or programming, you might need help the first time. Once you know the conditions you can use the search function to find the conditions in the script files, and after that finding the lines to disable is easy.

I can't help further since I don't have the up-to-date script file, but just ask around in the SPF and someone will probably help you get started.

last

Post by last » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:29 pm

I can't help further since I don't have the up-to-date script file, but just ask around in the SPF and someone will probably help you get started.
LOL hes not a pre-orderer.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:01 pm

last wrote:LOL hes not a pre-orderer.

Yeah, you're right. :roll:

And I was so helpful too. Bleh.

Incidentally, in the other game forum I used to frequent, the game devs had coded in a bug that only appeared if you used a pirated keycode. The amount of users that came in asking about this weird bug, sheesh. It's really off-putting seeing (smelly) pirates asking for CUSTOMER SUPPORT, on the official forums... Not only they haven't paid anything for the money, but they cost the company many in man-hours. :cry:

last

Post by last » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Jeah i know that mirrors edge used that kind of trick it let you play first level like fiew jumps and then it went to weird slow motioin mode.

DavidSG

Post by DavidSG » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:02 pm

I WAS going to buy it if it ran well because I loved Lugaru. So if I buy the game, will it stop doing this?
Last edited by DavidSG on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:11 pm

No, it's in Alpha. The definition of an Alpha is unstable, largely noncompatible, and extremely buggy. They haven't optimized yet. It'll get fixed eventually, but just remember that Alphas normally don't even have a playable 'game' build. OG doesn't play great on my card, but I still play, and still do a little modding. If you preorder, then they have more money to buy more Quiznos, so they can optimize sooner... But yes, just find the part of aschar.as that starts the active ragdolls on impact, and change it so that it starts the floppy one instead if that helps. Or just ignore it 'til its optimized.