Overgrowth Weekly - Post Show Game Nominations

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Silverfish

Overgrowth Weekly - Post Show Game Nominations

Post by Silverfish » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:50 am

Every week after Overgrowth Weekly I play some random game for 30 minutes. The last game I played was Amnesia that I recently finished (all episodes can be found on YouTube) I was thinking it would be a good idea to involve you guys - the community - in choosing what game we should be playing next.

It would be good if it was a co-op game, because then Anton could play with me. but it can really be any game. It can also be for more than 2 people in co-op, then viewers could join in as well, or even a versus multiplayer game. But keep in mind that it has to be fun to watch for a casual user, so a story is good to have for instance. Windows support is a must, cross platform is a plus, indie is a plus. But we will consider ANY nominations.

But again, you can suggest any game, also feel free to give links to gameplay footage or anything other related, to give a motivation to your nomination or discuss suggestions to help us select the best games. Anton and I will select the best nominations and next week we will create a thread where you will be able to vote on your favorite game.
Last edited by Silverfish on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

xXPsIXx

Re: Overgrowth Weekly Post Show Game Nominations

Post by xXPsIXx » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 am

I vote for Natural Selection 2 :D
I might could even set up a server (could take a few weeks though).

Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2 would be cool too.

Tonjevic

Post by Tonjevic » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 am

NS2!

Krabman318

Post by Krabman318 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:46 am

I would have suggested Cortex Command, but as far as I know it only has multiplayer for people on the same computer. :cry:

How about Frozen Synapse?

ZramuliZ

Post by ZramuliZ » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:13 pm

NS2 would be awesome, but the rounds can take longer than 30 minutes.

nutcracker

Post by nutcracker » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:48 am

I'd rather have an progressive adventure game for a thing like this. Anything scary is entertaining when somebody else is crying for you, therefore I suggest the Penumbra series.

Cake

Post by Cake » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:09 am

Krabman318 wrote:I would have suggested Cortex Command, but as far as I know it only has multiplayer for people on the same computer. :cry:
Aww, pity there´s no internet multiplayer :|

Krabman318

Re: Overgrowth Weekly - Post Show Game Nominations

Post by Krabman318 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:34 am

I nominate Mount & Blade Warband,
and maybe Spyparty, but i´m not sure if that would be fun to watch.
SpyParty is a spy game about human behavior, performance, perception, and deception. While most espionage games have you spend your time shooting stuff, blowing stuff up, and driving fast, SpyParty has you hide in plain sight, deceive your opponent, and detect subtle behavioral tells to achieve your objectives. Unlike the suave and confident spies you might find in films or books, most spies in spy games are more like super powered commandos--more Rambo than James Bond. By contrast, SpyParty is a new and quite different game about the more interesting and deeper aspects of being a spy.
About SpyParty
SpyParty FAQ
SpyParty manual

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:28 pm

If you do single player, I'd say stick to horror and go Penumbra Overture, and maybe Black Plague. If you Anton do it together, I'd say play DOOM coop. I think there are still a few setups on the web for doing it, so maybe look into it? No, even better, I'll look into it real quick.

http://www.zdaemon.org All you guys have to do is get a copy of DOOM or DOOMII and use ZDaemon to find a server to use. You can play co-op through the entire game. That would be awesome, and since DOOM is so old, you won't have to worry about lag, because the game is mostly processing, and new computers usually handle it well, minus compatability issues. If you can't run DOOM because of compatability, I use ZDoom, which allows you to jump and crouch as well as aim up and down, although that creates distortion, as DOOM is not truly 3D.
You could also find megawad campaigns on the web as well, and use those for co-op gaming as well.

There are a lot of sites that host wad downloads, too. In fact, you and Anton could even stream yourselves building your own wads by finding a good wad editor.
http://www.doomwadstation.com
http://www.doomworld.com

Also, Doomworld has it's own page dedicated to such things as editors and source ports.
http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/
I've used XWE (eXtensible Wad Editor) and Doom Builder 2, which can be found here http://www.doombuilder.com, along with a handful of tutorials on setting up switches, lighting effects, doors and triggers.
I'm not sure what OS you guys have, but maybe ZDoom could run under Wine? I don't know if ZDoom has native versions for other platforms. Either way, there are a lot of ports. You can even change how weapons, the player, monsters, and such look as well by using something like DEU (DOOM Editor Utility).
How about some DOOM?!

WildboarOG

Post by WildboarOG » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:51 am

Portal 2 Co-op missions!

Lots of fun sovilng the puzzles and playing with friend!
Puzzles are challenging but should not take more than 30min/puzzle
and it has that camera thingy that you can use to see through other player's eyes!
Last edited by WildboarOG on Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidSG

Post by DavidSG » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:45 pm

HAMMERFIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacktheawesome

Post by Jacktheawesome » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Start a big Minecraft server for you guys and the OGWeekly viewers!

Unwoundpath

Post by Unwoundpath » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:55 pm

Natural selection 2 , WOW, starcraft 2.

Nincompoop

Post by Nincompoop » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:56 pm

I nominate Terraria.

-Nincompoop (Bjartensen)

Markuss

Post by Markuss » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:41 pm

Outcast if you can stand the graphics (its on GOG.com) find out why its worth my modding time.

voxels^^