Can't run OverGrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
atomtengeralattjaro

Re: Can't run OverGrowth

Post by atomtengeralattjaro » Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:58 am

kamiledi15 wrote:So, nobody knows the solution?
mnxoid wrote:you guys are really mean.
The solution is pretty simple:

The game isn't finished yet.
If it doesn't run on your computer, it is very likely that you need a better computer to run it OR you'll be able to run a newer build, in the future.
It is also possible that you could "fix" it, but when the game is finished, it won't require fixing.
So just show some patience. In the meantime, save money so that you'll be able to buy it and support the developers.

If you don't understand this and simply refuse to acknowledge that software (plus support) isn't always free, then at least realize that this is the official forum, and go help each other someplace else.

(PS. @anti-support fanatics: please realize that downloading before buying is a very valid option, especially for a game where you have no idea if it's going to run on your system. Refunds aren't really advertised either.)

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:28 am

mnxoid wrote:Excuse me.Maybe it's only my opinion, but you guys are really mean.
Not all people are able to pay for a game. In my country, 30$ is a lot but I still want to play the game.
I don't have the money to buy a Ford Mustang. But I still want to haul ass on the Autobahn. So if I steal one and accidentally break the clutch, I should get customer support, right?
Right?

RIGHT?!

P.S. Long live piracy!
And fuck you too!
People like you are the reason why indies have such a hard time making their hard work pay for a living.
I have nothing against piracy in order to test out a program. But if you like it and decide that you want to use it, you buy it.
Otherwise you are scum. Simple as that.

Maokei

Post by Maokei » Mon May 13, 2013 2:06 pm

If your on ubuntu or an other debian based distro, just install synaptic if you dont have it already and install the missing libraries: libalut.so.0 and libfreeimage.so.3 then it will probably work.
mnxoid wrote:Excuse me.Maybe it's only my opinion, but you guys are really mean.
Not all people are able to pay for a game. In my country, 30$ is a lot but I still want to play the game.

ATTENTION HERE!
For those, who click on the launcher and get no results, you may have a problem with some libraries not installed.
Run the launcher in terminal.
[spoiler=]mnxoid@mnxoid-Vostro-1540:~/.games/Overgrowth$ ./Overgrowth.bin.x86
./Overgrowth.bin.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libfreeimage.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mnxoid@mnxoid-Vostro-1540:~/.games/Overgrowth$ sudo apt-get install libfreeimage-dev
mnxoid@mnxoid-Vostro-1540:~/.games/Overgrowth$ ./Overgrowth.bin.x86
./Overgrowth.bin.x86: error while loading shared libraries: libalut.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
mnxoid@mnxoid-Vostro-1540:~/.games/Overgrowth$ sudo apt-get install libalut-dev

after these manipulations my copy of the game worked...
this may be your case or not..I don't guarantee anything.
[/spoiler]
P.S. Long live piracy!
If you like it buy it :) support the devs!

mnxoid

Post by mnxoid » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:55 am

Dear EPR89,
EPR89 wrote:So if I steal one and accidentally break the clutch, I should get customer support, right?
-- Yes, unless you get caught.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:59 am

mnxoid wrote:Dear EPR89,
EPR89 wrote:So if I steal one and accidentally break the clutch, I should get customer support, right?
If you ask for the key that you can use to drive away a Mustang, they're going to check you own the car before giving you the key.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 am

mnxoid wrote:Dear EPR89,
Well, you are caught.
That must suck for you, I guess.

mnxoid

Post by mnxoid » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:45 am

I'm not really caught the way it could be with a Mustang(I'm still playing the game) :mrgreen:

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:22 pm

mnxoid wrote:I'm not really caught the way it could be with a Mustang(I'm still playing the game) :mrgreen:
Oh...
So you're admitting it now.

Well, have fun being sued.

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:18 pm

EPR89 wrote:
mnxoid wrote:I'm not really caught the way it could be with a Mustang(I'm still playing the game) :mrgreen:
Oh...

Hah, I don't know about you, but I think this is one of those funny "Damn, I can't do shit against that, how can I win this? Ah yeah... Fuck you too!" replies.

EPR89

Post by EPR89 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:45 am

Retarded Username wrote:
EPR89 wrote:
Oh...

Hah, I don't know about you, but I think this is one of those funny "Damn, I can't do shit against that, how can I win this? Ah yeah... Fuck you too!" replies.
Damn...
Are my actions that transparent?

But seriously, I think that guy should be banned.

Endoperez

Post by Endoperez » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:51 am

EPR89 wrote:Damn...
Are my actions that transparent?

But seriously, I think that guy should be banned.
Why?
Did I miss something, or is just because you find him to be annoying?

Retarded Username

Post by Retarded Username » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:53 pm

I'm with Endo on this one, dude, calm down, banning him won't take away the OG build from him, he also wouldn't care, he can make more accounts. Besides, you are just showing that he is in fact annoying you.