Lugaru 2 NEEDS GORE.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:16 pm

If we want to start an argument about who's acting a preteen, who's 60 and acting 100, who's 30 and acting 30, and who's 12 acting 30, then fine, but I'm out.

And I don't think this argument needs to continue, either.

invertin

Post by invertin » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:36 am

I read the first post and skipped the rest. Star wars: jedi acadamy allows you to chop of arms. Lugaru shouldn't have head to toe slices, but limb loss and decapitation are ok in my book :twisted:

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:17 pm

I agree But only IF and this Is IF, There are Chainsaws and Really Powerful Metals in the Game.

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:27 pm

Colicedus wrote:I agree But only IF and this Is IF, There are Chainsaws and Really Powerful Metals in the Game.
Chainsaws. . . hopefully not in the actual game but I guess they could be entertaining as a debug weapon.

Powerful metals? i.e. Roentgenium? Explain yourself Colicedus.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:48 pm

Some Samurai Blades Were Powerful Enough to Cleave though a Person Cleanly. Some were made out of Powerful Metals and Made well. it might Add the Thing i said I hated but It might be fun doing a Kill bill Carnage.

invertin

Post by invertin » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:03 am

I only saw one scene of kill bill and it was so gory it made me laugh. Real blood that isn't on my computer screen makes me either puke, or keel over!

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:48 am

But actual blood splattered across your keyboard and monitor is ok?
Last edited by zatoichi on Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun Oct 29, 2006 7:13 pm

That's what he said. :?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:18 pm

invertin wrote:I read the first post and skipped the rest. Star wars: jedi acadamy allows you to chop of arms. Lugaru shouldn't have head to toe slices, but limb loss and decapitation are ok in my book :twisted:
Yeah, but those were lightsabers which would automatically sever any part of the body they came in contact with.
Swords would not encompass the same outcome. You try cutting off someone's arm with a sword and let me know how that turns out.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:57 pm

If you hacked at it a bit, or hit REALLY REALLY HARD, or got incredibly lucky and hit a crack somehow, you could.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:16 am

Katana were tested by preference on human bodies, either cadavers or condemned criminals. (Since all crimes were capitol crimes in Japan at the time, there were plenty of them.)

The number of bodies and type of cut was marked on the tang of the weapon, e.g. "5 bodies O-kesa (shoulder to hip)."

Sometimes, the unlucky test targets were seated, tightly packed back to belly, and an experienced sword tester cut through as many of them as he could, through the spine under the ribcage. The record was 12 or 13.

Taking off an arm with one blow would have been easy for a skilled swordsman with a fine katana. Taking off a finger accidentally while cleaning or mishandling a blade was not unheard of.

The blades were made of laminated low carbon steel, alternating hard and soft layers. The layers were hammered and folded again and again, producing thousands of laminations.

The best blades were made in a similar way, but had a laminated core of soft steel encased in a laminated covering of harder steel. The laminations on these blades could reach a million.

Selective tempering and quenching produced a flexible core with an incredibly hard exterior layer. About one fifth of an inch of its edge was made of metal so hard that it held a razor sharpness during repeated use in battle.

It would be tough to make a sword out of roentgenium, since only a few atoms have ever been produced. Roentgenium's most stable isotope, roentgenium-280, has a half-life of about 3.6 seconds. It has no use outside of basic scientific research.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:30 pm

Usagi wrote:Katana were tested by preference on human bodies, either cadavers or condemned criminals. (Since all crimes were capitol crimes in Japan at the time, there were plenty of them.)

The number of bodies and type of cut was marked on the tang of the weapon, e.g. "5 bodies O-kesa (shoulder to hip)."

Sometimes, the unlucky test targets were seated, tightly packed back to belly, and an experienced sword tester cut through as many of them as he could, through the spine under the ribcage. The record was 12 or 13.

Taking off an arm with one blow would have been easy for a skilled swordsman with a fine katana. Taking off a finger accidentally while cleaning or mishandling a blade was not unheard of.

The blades were made of laminated low carbon steel, alternating hard and soft layers. The layers were hammered and folded again and again, producing thousands of laminations.

The best blades were made in a similar way, but had a laminated core of soft steel encased in a laminated covering of harder steel. The laminations on these blades could reach a million.

Selective tempering and quenching produced a flexible core with an incredibly hard exterior layer. About one fifth of an inch of its edge was made of metal so hard that it held a razor sharpness during repeated use in battle.

It would be tough to make a sword out of roentgenium, since only a few atoms have ever been produced. Roentgenium's most stable isotope, roentgenium-280, has a half-life of about 3.6 seconds. It has no use outside of basic scientific research.
'
You know you're Blades. :)

Crill3
Indecisive titler

Post by Crill3 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:42 pm

...he's MY hero!

tallyl.iii

Post by tallyl.iii » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:07 pm

It was meant in sarcasm, Usagi. He said powerful metals which is odd since, even with a flexible definition of powerful, few metals are powerful alone and unaltered. Now would you other people please stop fawning over him and use the time wasted on building your Usagi-shrine on learning something interesting yourself instead.

/\
By the way none of that is meant to offend anyone.

Usagi
Screenshot Superhero

Post by Usagi » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:16 pm

tallyl.iii wrote:It was meant in sarcasm, Usagi.
Figured that out right away; my intention was to respond in a dry, pedantic way for humorous effect. The effect is difficult to achieve without a dry, pedantic voice to go with it. Sorry. I could use emoticons or smilies, I guess, but I don't much like 'em. I think I'll make some Emoturnercons instead. Pretend my response had one of these after it:Image
tallyl.iii wrote:...few metals are powerful alone and unaltered.
True; I assume you chose roentgenium because of the absurditiy (or the cool name), but I think plutonium is better. You really could make a sword out of it; with only a few atoms in existence, and those only sticking around 3 or 4 seconds, a roentgenium sword would be really hard to hold. But I bet it would go through armor.Image
tallyl.iii wrote:Now would you other people please stop fawning over him.../\...By the way none of that is meant to offend anyone.
How could I not be offended? I've never had anyone fawn over me; I bet I'd like it! And here you are telling them to stop. I think I will become a hero: maybe even a Super-duper Hero! (You better hope I don't come back as the Hulk.Image)