Lugaru 2 NEEDS GORE.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
lpod100

Post by lpod100 » Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:54 pm

actually, there isn't a lot of bleeding involved in amputating. The body has a little defense mechanism that constricts blood vessels should an arm or leg be severed. after a while, though, the blood vessels will relax, and bleeding will start.

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:05 pm

That reminds me of this dude which fell on a stick some years ago on the school. It ripped open his leg so you could see the bone, but hardly ANY blood could be seen. Just a very small river inside the wound.

Xiao

Post by Xiao » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:46 am

Like I said, I don't think Lugaru needs to be the #1 most realistic game out there. :P

People are going to complain if there's amputation and not a lot of blood, they'll say "This is unrealistic and gay!! Where's my blood!! Waaay *goes to play resident evil*"... and people will complain if there's a lot of blood. "It's unrealistic, for some reason I need realism in my rabbit-orientented games!!"

Either way, people will complain, so I suppose just go with the one that looks the coolest, and that of course will depend on how good the particle effects look.

JLrep

Post by JLrep » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:33 am

I think the standard set in Lugaru 1 would work fine. I especially like how if you use the console to set your strength way up it actually works and you can whack the other rabbits into a bloody spray.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:42 pm

Yes, that was a certainly confusing at first, but cool, feature.

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:22 am

NO this will ruin the game, simple gore like cuts and gashes, yes, cutting whole bodies in half, no.

Razor7

Post by Razor7 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:38 am

I think this could be a good idea, if implimented well.

Personally, i love gore. I watch gore videos. I say shit like "How many babies does it take to paint a wall? Answer: It depends on how hard you throw them" but i also think that gore can ruin games.

For instance, SOF2 was a great game. You can literally chop people's fingers off... but at the same time, it seemed so unrealistic that it ruined it (in some areas).

Now think of lugaru. You're a bunny. Yes, bunny gore is funny, but then again, you're a bunny. A staff would not rip through someone, though i knife might. In most realistic situations though, a knife slash would not be extremely noticable.

What i think would be cool would be broken bones. Imagine leg swiping someone with a staff and literally seeing their kneecap shatter and having their leg get stuck in a very awkward position. Now that would be neat.

-TC

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:52 am

Aaah...another SoF2 fan...finally. I found being able to hack open someone's skull with your knife and cutting up their brain matter to be fun...but pointless...or spreading ALL of their teeth, two eyeballs, and skull fragments all over the landscape with a shotgun...er...uh...yeah...funny for a little while, but its ridiculous...ROFL.

Anyway...I like the idea of severing limbs...it would be kinda funny to be able to beat people with someone's arm...

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:23 am

Yes, I very much agree with Razor. Cutting off stuff is hard.
But using a solid staff to break bones....... >:)

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:40 pm

Hahaha...beating information out of your enemies by busting their kneecaps.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:21 pm

"Splitting people in half, however, is definatley M-rated (as Lugaru 1 was, anyhow)"

Just asking, where on the Lugaru box does it say "M"? Oh yeah, there is no Lugaru box, let alone a rating by the ESRB! I think you've become mistaken in thinking that "M" is an expression meaning 'Your mom won't let you play it until you get out of fifth grade'. The fact of the matter is that Lugaru just isn't "official" enough for the Entertainment Software Rating Board. Period. End of rant. Well, now that thats cleared up....

I think there should be some kind of "Hot Coffee" mod that allows for all the bloody decapitations and Diagonal torso cleaving. That way the people who like lots of red can have their own seperate version of Lugaru 2, away from all the Mario playing 10-year olds who feel its neccesary to whine to the network about all the blood they see on "CSI: Miami"
YOU'RE UP PAST YOU'RE BEDTIME, TIMMY! STOP WATCHING TV14 SHOWS AND GO BACK TO SLEEP!

Sorry about all that. I just have a lot of pent up rage. Especially towards people who watch "CSI: Miami"

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:22 pm

By the way, whats SOF2?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:08 am

Soldier Of Fortune 2, a First Person Shooter game of moderate quality which kind of overdid the whole "shoot off your opponent's toes" bit. You were able to literally destroy your opponents head by shooting it. The use of shotguns in that game changed my life forever.

Anyway, I got bored of it after two weeks or so and gave it back to my friend. He told me it was the best online FPS there is. It was particularly lag-infested online anyway. I hated it.

The single player campaign was so-so.

zip
lugaruguru

Post by zip » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:32 am

MacWiggy wrote: I think there should be some kind of "Hot Coffee" mod that allows for all the bloody decapitations and Diagonal torso cleaving. That way the people who like lots of red can have their own seperate version of Lugaru 2, away from all the Mario playing 10-year olds who feel its neccesary to whine to the network about all the blood they see on "CSI: Miami"
We all know what he meant by M-Rated, but since you're going to be like that I'd like to point out that a "Hot Coffee" mod would actually be bunnysex, not extra gore.

Can I go Usagi on him? Please?

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:31 am

xD Usagi... What HAPPENED to him? How could you be THAT sensitive?

Anyway. Yeah, a hotcoffee mod would be bunnysex, not gore.

SOF2 was hilarious, if not ridiculous. I liked putting people in front of turrets and shooting them until they evaporated. Also, when the enemies shot each other by accident. Like that time I opened a door, and then it was like "BANGSPLATTER" and "BRAINMATTER" and I won the level because the drug dealer guy got shot randomly. xD