Lugaru 2 NEEDS GORE.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
pyros soul

Post by pyros soul » Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:58 pm

MacWiggy wrote:That would make sense, but there is a very obvious reason it's called "Headshot". Because it's a shot to the head! "Hidden Sniper" just sounds stupid, considering you don't have to be hidden to score a headshot, and you don't have to be a sniper. Also, you said "exploding of the head and/or body", but no game has ever said "Headshot!" after a bullet to the torso. Maybe if you'd stop playing Lemmings Paintball and got some real games, you'd know what I'm talking about.
First of all, i dont play paintball games, i dont even play real paintball.

Second, this is only a sugestion, so stop being an ass about everyones sugestions.

Third, i did not say TURNER would be a sniper, IT'S A DAMN BOUNS, IT DOESN'T HAVE TO MAKE SENSE!!!!

AND I SAID NOT, I REPEAT NOT TO USE HEADSHOT!!!!! ARE YOU BLIND??????

Why the hell do you care? Have you even shot a gun before?

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:12 pm

Question, will punches to the head kill you quicker? (try to Change the subject before there is a Web Flame Battle.)

:?

Additionally i have done a bit of brief Medical study.
i had a look at the G-Man and i think it is a lode of crap. the System it uses is good but i hate how there is no bone structure.

i gather flesh is easy to cut with a well sharpened knife. but i am going to ask, is there going to be the use of Arteries, Organs (whose ever been punched in the Kidneys? :shock: it Hurts like hell and is crippling, my bro was down for 30 minutes before he was able to recover and was a heap ) Hamstringing (i think that is the term when you cut a Tendon and immobilize a lim from it) and Bone Structure?

i think just getting cut by a knife or blade object is crude (it was good for its time) but i think an artery system should be in place. hitting some one in the shoulder will make some one bleed a bit but not enough to kill them unless they are a hemophiliac (there should also be an implement of Blood Pressure: EG you hear a loud betting when it is Really High, Causing bleeding to be much more lethal (How ever when you see a knife with blood on it people go pail because there Blood Vessels contract and shrink up reducing bleeding case they think they may face bleeding. )

if you get stabbed in the Jugular you're blood will Squirt 6 feet depending on mass and blood Pressure. there would be a hell of a mess and you would die on an expectancy of a Estimate of 10-20 seconds.

bones like the ribs would slow down a Blade unless they were broken or there was one hell of a sharp blade. so i think completely sliding you're blade down some one like in G-Man was a lode of Gory eye candy.
organs can also bleed really badly. they don't teach this in First Aid any more but other than the fact that hitting some ones chest might break the bone in the middle (the Clavicle i think its called) has a bend down the bottom. pumping that can cause a thing called CHOPED LIVER, it can cause Severer Internal Bleeding. they now don't teach the Measurement, but the point is Organs can bleed really badly, will there be the implement of them?

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:56 pm

What is a BOUNS?

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:10 pm

Boringly Overt Undersided Nautical Sex?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:36 am

Blowing On Unneeded Neverending Standoffs?

Lol. Take a hint and shut the hell up.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:14 am

Well, first you have to start somewhere.

If a game were to, in real-time, pump blood particles through out the arteries of every single model and put in things like kidneys, and every other organ you can think of, and then start going even deeper like making the blood particles pump faster with your heartbeat and slower whenever you get cut or even when you think about getting cut, putting in reactive tendons that you can severe, making it so that sharp bones accurately puncture and gore internal organs, creating sophisticated blood flow, and then filling every organ with its proper amount of blood and body effects to create things like "chopped liver" and internal bleeding. would probably make the game like... impossible for people to actually play with.
Though it would be a pretty cool tech demo...

But yeah, the whole purpose for the G-Man destruction demo is to show off the potential of soft body physics. You shouldn't call it a load of crap, simply because it doesn't have all these effects yet, it's showing off the potential of next-gen (which is a whole lot better than what all these big time developers are doing, re-inventing everything that's already been thought up in 2002). Once developers get that down (and hardware can catch up to the technology), they can continue with all that other stuff you're talking about. They could for instance (right now), add in a skeletal system, model out internal organs, modify links and atoms to have more rigidity, mass, move constant, and spring constant, and create much more atoms and links to give more detail and movements to the models. Basically everything is in that technology already, people just need to build off of it.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Aug 26, 2006 4:20 am

:shock: WOW

I guess you have a point about G-man. maybe you are Right though about the nerves and bleeding system. but i Just find it annoying in that intro Demonstration on the first page of some one getting cut from shoulder to hips. i guse i got carryed away. :oops:
one day, we will have a combat simulation with trigger points and Muscular Demonstrations.

it has a potential of Greatness. I understand.
:|

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:21 pm

Everyone seems to be talking about realistic gore, but you forget one crucial point. It's a friggin' video game! For the last time, if David & Jeff wanted super-realism, Lugaru wouldn't feature human-like rabbits that know Ninjitsu.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Aug 26, 2006 6:46 pm

You speak a good point.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:20 pm

Wait, ok... I don't get it. Now, do you mean, realistic gore as in things like critical hits, kidney punches, and blood squirting shouldn't be added? Ok. Or do you mean that soft body physics in general are too realistic to be in Lugaru 2?

Because there is a huge difference between gameplay realism and realistic technology. One is, "I'm a bunny, I can jump 10 feet high and can survive being heel kicked off a hill, without damaging my spinal chord" (I can accept that, it makes the game fun) the other would be something like, "Counter-Strike 1.6 should have ragdoll physics because it's about realistic humans, Lugaru shouldn't because it's about unrealistic rabbits."

Now, maybe you're just saying that it would be silly to get hit in the arm with a sword, slicing it off. Because that wouldn't be unrealistically fun, which I agree. But NAPS technology is more that that. It's stuff like, you swing your bunny staff at a rabbit, he parrys it with his sword and your staff doesn't just disintegrate, it shatters apart sending splinters everywhere! Maybe you're wielding a 50 pound war hammer and you crush it on someone with a shield, the shield could realistically break apart. I think this technology is awesome, it shouldn't be diregarded merely because we're talking about rabbits.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:58 pm

You're sprinting through a forest, three wolves close behind. You can hear the ominous rhythm of their bloodied paws crunching through the woodland brush, as you cringe behind a tall Oak. But alas, it it is too late. The wolves swiftly encircle you, growling and roaring. You duck under a wolves arm, drawing your katana and slicing it's jugular, followed by a spinning kick to the throat. You run off into the woods, feeling the hot breath of the-

Unfortunately for you, Turner stepped on a small rock during the battle, which cut his unprotected foot, unnoticably. 2 days later he died of an infection caused by the pebble. This is the problem with trying to implement a "perfect" blood system, where every vein and artery effects every everything else. You end up dying way too easily. (And I'm not reffering to "NAPS" technology, I'm talking about your insisting medical opinion of what video game gore should look like.)

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:36 pm

.... I'm not the one who would suggest realistic medical jargon. Only one person suggested it, and I thought it was retardedly too much to ask for a game (not too mention it wouldn't be fun). I said that having blood flow and all that other stuff was not important at all, The main think is that things can shatter, bend, and snap.

I mean, you could do all that perfect blood system, but it's not something that has anything to do with NAPS, it's not something I would suggest either.

The only thing that soft body physics would do in that example would add in all the effects of kicking and slicing, but again, no I'm not insisting a certain type of medical system be put into video games. (I really don't think I said that, but maybe, you'll have to QFT)

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:04 pm

What IS naps?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:00 pm

NAPS is the acronym for a New Aproach to Physical Simulation. It's what the programmers named their physical simulation engine.

It's basically a new form of ragdoll physics. Where is, Ragdoll physics consist of point constraints that allow natural movement at specific joints, soft body models allow all parts of the model to move around, even break if they are pushed too far.

Soft body physics can also be implemented as crate models and clothing as well.

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:21 pm

Even if we did have all that medical crap we wouldn't really notice it that much while ingame...

The soft body physics etc. wowever, are a great idea.