Lugaru 2 NEEDS GORE.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:35 am

I have a lot of pent up rage for people who think a "Hot Coffee" mod would be a good idea.

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:46 am

zip wrote:
MacWiggy wrote: I think there should be some kind of "Hot Coffee" mod that allows for all the bloody decapitations and Diagonal torso cleaving. That way the people who like lots of red can have their own seperate version of Lugaru 2, away from all the Mario playing 10-year olds who feel its neccesary to whine to the network about all the blood they see on "CSI: Miami"
We all know what he meant by M-Rated, but since you're going to be like that I'd like to point out that a "Hot Coffee" mod would actually be bunnysex, not extra gore.

Can I go Usagi on him? Please?
Not that I'm the one to say it, but have at it, I missed most of the Usagi thing anyway :D

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:57 am

:shock: My god.

I can understand having blood. Gouges and gashes. but you guys are just getting sick. is this Lugaru or Carnage TV? i do like to ocasonaly Blow some one up leaving a couple of Rough steaks and a pair of boots. why dont you guys add Open heart sergery or crude bunny brain suergery? maby even an unlimited Railgun and 10000 people standing there to be exacuted? maby you rac up points for that?

My point is, Get you're self under control. you sound like mass Genasiders.

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:25 am

Colicedus wrote::shock: My god.

I can understand having blood. Gouges and gashes. but you guys are just getting sick. is this Lugaru or Carnage TV? i do like to ocasonaly Blow some one up leaving a couple of Rough steaks and a pair of boots. why dont you guys add Open heart sergery or crude bunny brain suergery? maby even an unlimited Railgun and 10000 people standing there to be exacuted? maby you rac up points for that?

My point is, Get you're self under control. you sound like mass Genasiders.
Nah, brain surgery and open-heart surgery would be boring...its much easier to cleave someone's skull in half with a sword or rip our their heart with your fist and then bathing in the warmth of their blood as it spurts onto your body, getting you all warm and fuzzy inside as you let some of the droplets run down your throat, tasting the iron that's in your dead enemies blood and then slowly drinking the blood out of the persons gaping wound and then using the brain matter as a facemask for an anti-wrinkle agent.
^^^
Now that, that may sound something like a mass-genocider...

Really though, huge spurts of blood isn't really gross or sickening...its actually rather comical, because none of this would actually happen in real life. Blood doesn't hose out in gallons nor do people leave lakes of blood on the ground when they hit it...but it's funny to watch. Its shock-comedy I suppose.

Also, all I've seen suggested is diagonal torso cleaving and decapitation...nothing wrong with that there are many games out there that have that...SoF2 is an extreme example...its not that bad...but I'm desensitized so I'm biased. :twisted:

On another note, how many times did I say the word "blood"?

Viking Zippy
Wooter

Post by Viking Zippy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:39 pm

Grayswandir wrote:On another note, how many times did I say the word "blood"?
Not as many times as you'd think, actually ... only 7 :(

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:00 pm

Grayswandir wrote:Now that, that may sound something like a mass-genocider...
You assume that you're correcting him, but "genocider" isn't a word anyway so you fail.
Really though, huge spurts of blood isn't really gross or sickening...its actually rather comical, because none of this would actually happen in real life. Blood doesn't hose out in gallons nor do people leave lakes of blood on the ground when they hit it...but it's funny to watch. Its shock-comedy I suppose.
If anything, that seems to be arguing about why lots of blood/gore SHOULD NOT be in Lugaru 2.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:07 pm

Yeah, you said blood 7 times, but that's okay because it's only been said 20 times (and half the time it was stuff like "bleeding," "no blood" or "uses little blood," not satanic full graphic dipictions).

Genocider would be a pretty harsh description though. Sick maybe, but to be a genocider, you'd have to kill like everyone, systematically (there probably wouldn't even be as much blood or gore either).

I think blood and decals are awesome though. Lugaru had cool blood that dripped out of wounds (and more lines dripping down would have been cooler), and certain blood particles could drip down on people. For more blood and gore, there should be more bleeding wounds, and maybe even some sprays, sprays would be cooler than decapitations or anything crazy like that. When you get slashed open by a sword and die, it'd be neat if you sprayed tons of blood out into the air (In lugaru it has this, but it's just a few blood droplets... sometimes teeth).
The friggen blood that sprays all over the place and gets on the character's face makes the fighting really cool. The decapitations are alright, but it's better when you get stabbed, you're trying to apply pressure to the wound while all this blood is pouring out of you.

lol edit: This is Grayswandirs' avatar
Last edited by Zantalos on Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:00 pm

The perfect solution! Have blood be a modifiable variable in the config like speed and all were in the first game. That way those disagreeable can set it to 0, and those easily amused (myself) can set it to 200.

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:08 pm

Sartan wrote:The perfect solution! Have blood be a modifiable variable in the config like speed and all were in the first game. That way those disagreeable can set it to 0, and those easily amused (myself) can set it to 200.
Problem solved.

Or just get a blood mod where you run people over with M1A2's and watch their brain matter splatter all over the road as their head pops. Then you can lick their body/blood off the treads for anyone sick enough to get such a mod.

Though, I'd set it to 3 so that if someone's bleeding I can see it easier and then follow the tracks to them :D.
Last edited by Sage on Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:41 pm

Please don't post any pictures of real gore here, I would prefer that all gore shown on this site be computer-generated :)

Sage

Post by Sage » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:44 pm

I don't feel like doing anything on MS Paint or photoshop then.

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:47 pm

"The AI will be able to handle broken or missing limbs; though they won't stay conscious for long if they lose too much blood."
That explains a little more about the potential for gore. On a slightly related note, holycrapDavid'sagoon. :shock:

Grayswandir
Short end of the stick

Post by Grayswandir » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:20 am

David wrote:Please don't post any pictures of real gore here, I would prefer that all gore shown on this site be computer-generated :)
That animated image was the avatar I was originally using when I came back to the boards here. :twisted:

hdlsa
fruit salad

Post by hdlsa » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:48 am

Grayswandir wrote:
David wrote:Please don't post any pictures of real gore here, I would prefer that all gore shown on this site be computer-generated :)
That animated image was the avatar I was originally using when I came back to the boards here. :twisted:
I think he was talking about some other real picture that was removed.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:50 am

Sartan wrote:"The AI will be able to handle broken or missing limbs; though they won't stay conscious for long if they lose too much blood."
That explains a little more about the potential for gore. On a slightly related note, holycrapDavid'sagoon. :shock:
Wait, who said that quote? I forgot... and the search function just brought me back to yours.