Mounts

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:43 am

No i am not trying to guilt David. I am trying to be rude back to something that i took offense to and that in my eyes is rude.

I can not help the fact i did not pick up spelling at school. and i am amazed by the fact that you are getting at me for such minor thing.

I found that rude and uncalled for. :(

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:40 am

I don't mean to be rude; you can just use one of the spell checkers that Jeff recommended in that other thread to automatically check spelling. This is important because if we don't maintain high standards for the forums it will degenerate into chaos and l33t5p34k, and then I would have to close them down entirely.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:19 am

t3h ch405 w0uld 3nsu3!!11!1!!11!!

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:04 am

Colicedus, note that each of us, for the most part, takes the few seconds extra to make our posts at the very least legible. There are still issues of capitalization, but those are comparatively unnoticeable. You are the anomaly here, not us.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:14 pm

David wrote:I don't mean to be rude; you can just use one of the spell checkers that Jeff recommended in that other thread to automatically check spelling. This is important because if we don't maintain high standards for the forums it will degenerate into chaos and l33t5p34k, and then I would have to close them down entirely.
well if it was in another thread (which was a reason why i took offense) why did you need to pick me up on it?

Second thing may i ask, l33t5p34k. what is that all about. sounds like a bunch of random numbers to me.

and i g2g, this is unfinished. lets just drop this. i understand now.

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:12 pm

Guess he's not 1337... just stupid. :P

thingythekid

Post by thingythekid » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:24 pm

Well... Logic would dictate that if we use mammals as mounts, then surely if all other mammals were anthropomorphic and dominant, or vying for dominance, then humans would become the packmules.

Though I guess it's kind of difficult to be intimidating while having a piggy back... :P

@Sartan: Have you read the Death Gate Cycle, or is your name just coincidence?

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Thu Aug 17, 2006 4:53 pm

The mounts would have to be a lower life form, that doesn't question it's morality. Maybe a giant maggot.
But on the other hand, why would you need a mount? To go faster? Turner is quite fast enough. The only place I think a mount would be cool is if on one (or two) levels you ride a humongous boar or something, that tramples everyone in it's path. And to compensate for it's size, you'd be attacked by dozens and dozens of wolves.
This is really fun in most video games, like in Red Faction, you have to clear a bunch of enemies while in a tank, Or in Ratchet & Clank, where Clank becomes enormous for one level and you get to step on everything, Or in MDK, where you have to drop bombs from an airplane. That way, you'd have something to look forward to.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:40 pm

leDoOd, you called him immature in another thread for his sense of humour, didn't you? By taunting him and calling him stupid, you're proving to be very childish. Notice David or Jeff did not insult him, but instead tried to advise him.

Granted, he has extreme spelling issues and needs to remedy that or he won't be able to use the forums anymore, but you can't just call him stupid. Are you perfect? Before you go claiming you weren't being childish, think of how you would feel if someone treated you the same way.
James M wrote:Considering David is pure awesomeness + 1
That reminds me, I bet David has some kind of magic tool to help create games like Lugaru. Magic Keyboard Of +20 Programming, maybe? :shock:

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:56 pm

I'm trying to get him to leave the forums entirely, actually. If someone comes barging into our threads, leaving their smelly and worthless 2 cents about everything and everyone and not listening to hinted suggestions to stop entirely or correct their spelling, then a more direct approach is necessary. Degrading and humiliation isn't very humane, but it works (I'm sure you already know that).

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:50 am

I am back. sorry about my over reaction David. i felt a little mad. it sounded like you were picking on me in front of everyone on the Form. Did find that Auto Speller ability in safari. thank you Jeff.

by the way dOoDel, i have read a lot on what is said. i think on some things and add my share. after thinking. it is amazing how much the mind can think if you let it. from blue to turquoise. a pine to a pine grove.

from poison to biological warfare and beyond. out of Chaos will arise order...

my moral there means, don't shunt something case it sounds absolute not relevant, let you're mind find what it has in common.

I will say. consider the Moi or the Ostrich as a mound. a mount could mealy be a moving platform to jump off of with a mind of its owen. and if you add fatigue to the game it could keep moving with out using so much energy.

think on that... :wink:

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:13 am

You mean riding on mounts that you can't control, frogger style?
OR, do you mean, AN ACTUAL MIND OF ITS OWN
That's Vib Rib's

by the way, I see you're spelling things correctly, they just aren't the right words now... the hell do you mean by moi?

Sartan

Post by Sartan » Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:05 am

He turns on spellcheck and suddenly he's a Zen master. From freaky to freaké.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:33 am

Sorry is Moa http://www.kcc.org.nz/birds/extinct/_moacolour200.jpg

its a New Zealand Bird that Died out. the word is Mori, please don't ask me to spell Mori. (Pronounced Mol-re-e)

they came to be the first people in New Zealand.
there are many debates on that, but any how. the Moa were Giant Birds that were very Dangerous. how ever the Mori ate them out. they looked like a Hairy Ostrich. that would be cool to see them in the game.

and with the control part. you can control them too a degree. if they get started they run around ramped and chances are you will fall off. you could roll to soften you're fall. yada yada yada.

the talons of a Moa can Eviscerate a person in a mater of second. there wiled ones that could be part of a Sub Quest were you try to hunt them for game, you're reward way be "Tender fillet of bird: marinated in sesame and Garlic out of an earth fire, scorched on the out side and rare on the inside, aerodynamically Designed to slide down you're esophagus at the speed of maximum Enjoyment" then again maybe not.

how ever i think the Giant Pigs would be cool MacWiggy, maybe there could be a large cast of animals to hunt along the way and many variants of Mounts. i could Imagine an army of Bunnies charging on Enraged Piglets. 8)

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:20 am

If you want a mount use a pirate. Pirates are the perfect mounts, yarr.

And David could implement flying code etc. for modders that want to make mounts etc. Red Orchestra didn't have any planes or anything, but they implemented the code for modders to use. if Dave did that people that really want moutns that aren't in the original release could just get a mod that lets them ride a dragon, pirate, or giant rabbit. That giant rabbit Vib Rib drew looks like it would be able to go 10x faster than Turner with those powerful legs :P (or in the case... stub with a big oval thing)