how the humans died

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

how the humans died

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:11 pm

I think that how the humans all died out should be made more clear.
I was thinking, that maybe turner could find a little video diary.
*Like the one in the battlefield 2142 trailer. where the guy opens it, and it flicks through pictures.*
I think you shhould be able to find it and of course turner, not speaking english wont be able to understand it, but it will be in english.

I just think that would be cool.

Heres some pics i made in about 2 mins for it. JUST TRIALS, dont have to be used...

THESE ARE BAD, but they are an example of what i mean.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:34 pm

Whoa those actually look pretty sick dude, and in just 2 minutes? Nice.

But damn, didn't even know there were humans in the Lugaru universe.

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:35 pm

neither did I, i was talking to jeff about it.
HE said that lugaru is based in the future, and all the humans had been wiped out.
There are going to be relics and artifacts of the human race in the game. EG the ruin of a house. etc

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:38 pm

ask jeff. Im sure he will poke his head in on this topic. Im not exactly educated enough to give out info like that :D

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:41 pm

I mean, did you private message jeff and he gave you the history, or like, is it somewhere on these forums?

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:46 pm

oh right, nah i talked to him on msn. but what do you think of the Idea of the little handheld thing with the story of 'how the humans died' ?

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:02 pm

You mean like Turner finding a handheld video recording? I must say that's just hella wierd, I totally was not expecting that. I mean, damn, you know finding stuff like that could be pretty cool actually, that's me talking, I like it. You know, it really depends on how it's done, throwing all this information at you in the beginning, handing out a tid bits as you go along, or some "conspiracy" you find at the end, I have no clue. But the whole idea that these mammals on Lugaru evolved after humans were wiped out sounds pretty cool.

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:25 pm

Mike_Cuzins wrote:oh right, nah i talked to him on msn. but what do you think of the Idea of the little handheld thing with the story of 'how the humans died' ?
in a game called Physicus" (or something) you came to an island thingy to stop the world from ending.

The plot is the core of the earth has stopped spinning and a scientist built a machine that would make it start moving again. He didn't have enough time to calibrate it and get the rigt voltage etc. before the people evacuated the island.

He dropped all his things and left behind a cool laptop-type thing for you to use in your hjourney. On it are recordings of physics stuff, it's kinda like going through an interactive learning thing. You have to use the knowledge on the laptop to get through puzzles etc so you can get the machine to work. It's like Myst (yeah, that game :P) except with physics and stuff involved.

EDIT: Oops, the laptop isn't what i wanted to describe. next to the laptop is a TFV set that has a fixed recording showing the device he used and a commentary on what's going on, and then a clip of a ship (an old wodden one propelled by sails) sailing away.

I am unaware of the story behind Lugaru and would like to see Jeff or David post a bit about it. it's nice to have something to work off of other than "here's a big stick, go hit bunnies with it. A little recording would be cool, and ruins of humankind and stuff would be nice, like the tip of a skyscraper sticking out of the ocean that you can see if you go all the way to the western part of the island, but you can't get to it (unless Dave adds boats... which i doubt.)

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 pm

I wonder what the scale of bunnies to artifacts will be? Huge bunnies? or huge ruins?

theblob

Post by theblob » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:08 am

The game Inherit the earth had this idea. In it there were hints of how the humans died, but the exact reason was not given. There were many human relics such as airports and cars.
In my opinion the player should not find out exactly how the humans died, instead leaving it up to the player's imagination.

zatoichi

Post by zatoichi » Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:17 am

nice pictures, but don't you think nukes would be more realistic? it would also explain the how all the animals became sentient. because if there's one thing you can learn from movies, it's that radiation makes things big and smart.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:01 am

Haha, I wasn't expecting you to post this stuff on the forum.  I guess I should talk to David and see what we can reveal in a blog post to get everyone up to speed.  And yes, if you talk to me on AIM (osxii) I will give you super secret details.
theblob wrote:The game Inherit the earth had this idea. In it there were hints of how the humans died, but the exact reason was not given. There were many human relics such as airports and cars.
Weird...  Just read the wikipedia article, and that is quite similar to L2.  Lugaru 2 is not going to have airports or anything like that, but you will see the occasional broken down wall with rebar poking out (which you may be able to harvest in order to create a super sword.)

Mike_Cuzins
Twitch

Post by Mike_Cuzins » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:45 am

I just think that there needs to be some kind of explination for why these animals are like this!
I like the idea of the tip of a sky scraper poking out of the ocean.

with these ruins, they have to be OBVIOUSLY futuristic human. not like a broken wall, but a broken starship. hehe. you get what i mean.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Sat Aug 19, 2006 6:54 am

If there is going to be Nukes then there has got to be roaches.
they say that Roaches can survive the loss of there head, they die because they cant eat after a week, and Extreme heat they can survive as well, they say they could survive a nuclear winter. and when they die they give birth to heaps more Roaches.

that would be a cool boss, a Cockroach. or maybe there are Cockroaches on the Island that deal in Trading. they may worship a Temple that was really a Human Recycling facility, or maybe a KFC (over in NZ they call Butter chicken Butter Cockroach there that Health Hazard.)

if you do happen to kill one you could Gut it, clean it and then put on its Exoskeleton as Carapace armor. the roaches Carapace also Produces Wax which could have a gloss effect and the enemies attacks have a chance to Slip off, and you could be immune to tackle.

you cant have a Si-Fi with out Giant Mutant Cockroach Humanoids. :D :wink:

Nuky
Plutonium Handler

Post by Nuky » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:06 am

I don't think humans will baleete all their houses and move into starships any day soon, leaving animals to evolve :P
I want walls, damnit.

Roach-armor sounds a bit weird, though o.0

(ugh, I want them supersecret stuff, but I don't want aim, damnit, damnit :P )