Overgrowth on STEAM, eventually?

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Raserisk

Overgrowth on STEAM, eventually?

Post by Raserisk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:53 am

Hello everyone. In recent years, I have begun dropping out of fps shooters in favor of gritty, complex melee games. I find it much more rewarding these days to fight a melee confrontation due to the quick reactions that a player needs, along with skill, to stay alive. I believe someone once said that once Gunpowder was invented, it allowed the novice to kill the master in a effortlessly flick of the wrist.

I've been on STEAM for many years, and saw that I had Luguru in my library, but I never tried it out! I regret this, because despite the age of the game, I love it so far despite how hard it is. Eventually, I found my way here and to my amazement saw Overgrowth, which I hope will be one of the best melee combat games to ever be released.

Once it is, do the developers have any intentions of getting it on STEAM? Also, do the developers have any interest in creating Multiplayer?

Thank you for your time.

Count Roland

Re: Overgrowth on STEAM, eventually?

Post by Count Roland » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:08 am

They've already planned it out with steam for it to be available on steam, in fact it was planned to be available there before lugaru was available on steam. They are interested in multiplayer but it's not essential, it will most likely be co-op due to fears of lag creating serious imbalances in fights, but there's still a chance for pvp.

last

Post by last » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:57 am

There is split screen in the game right now. you onley need a controller to enable this.
So 1 can play it with controller and 1 can play it with keyboard and mouse.

Or there is 1 report that when you have two controllers working simultaneously and they are different types of controllers, e.g. a ps3 controller and an xbox360 controller you can play Overgrowth with 2 controllers.

About the Steam:
We should have steam support working soon, and that will make it a lot easier. (All preorderers will get steam keys)
and that was on wolfire twitter posted on 1. jan. 2012

Raserisk

Post by Raserisk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:20 pm

I apologize for the redundant thread. I was hoping a mod would delete it.

alpineodin

Post by alpineodin » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:35 pm

its not that redundant. but yeah it should be headed to steam. the only issue i see with the codes is that people who might not use steam just sell them. the only way i could see is if overgrowth doesnt get updates unless its on steam. so it forces people to use the code and use steam. which is also a buisness advantage for steam and maybe more cash for wolfire... idk but if someones going to play without steam... could i have your code :roll: i think stuff might go crazy like the humble bundle issues... the buy for a cent and sell of steam since you get a code.

memento

Post by memento » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:22 am

I actually made a login account just to see if such a thread existed.

I use credit cards only when I travel abroad for convenience purposes, but I never use them for buying games or actually anything over the net.

So as you can understand, Steam is my favorite platform once it supports paysafecards which are something like a prepaid card with the huge difference that it is not connected AT ALL to your name.

If Overgrowth was sold in alpha version in Steam I would gladly give the money as fast as possible.
I am always hunting good indie games that have something special about them, like Achron or Universe Sandbox. And I believe Overgrowth falls in that category.