I have some questions about Lugaru 2.

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Foogooman

I have some questions about Lugaru 2.

Post by Foogooman » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:41 am

First of all, how much of an ACTUAL game is this going to be? Lugaru 1 was more like a "oh this is cool, but it's no $50 game." From what I've seen, Lugaru 2 will be a massive game. There is a lot of work going into this. It looks amazing by the way. So, how much is it going to cost? I guess I'll put my questions in bullet form.

1. How long is this game going to be?

2. How much will it cost?

3. Any estimate on a release date?

4. I've heard Lugaru 2 is going to use that soft body physics engine. Will bodies be destructable?

5. What is the story line?

6. Last and maybe most important, what kind of game is it going to be? There's mentions of drugs maybe being in the game. Apperantly it will be nothing like lugaru 1. Will it be more freeform running around. A deus Ex or World of Warcraft like mission system?

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:03 pm

1. It's freeform like oblivion, fallout, etc. so there is no limit per se.

2. From $30 to $50

3. One to three years. These things are impossible to predict.

4. Yes

5. Still under construction / top secret

6. It's more like Oblivion and other free form RPGs.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Re: I have some questions about Lugaru 2.

Post by Renegade_Turner » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:03 pm

Foogooman wrote:First of all, how much of an ACTUAL game is this going to be? Lugaru 1 was more like a "oh this is cool, but it's no $50 game."
I would've happily paid $50 for Lugaru.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:28 am

Jeff wrote:1. It's freeform like oblivion, fallout, etc. so there is no limit per se.

2. From $30 to $50

3. One to three years. These things are impossible to predict.

4. Yes

5. Still under construction / top secret

6. It's more like Oblivion and other free form RPGs.
Wait...destructible bodies? Is this gonna be ultra-violent?

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:58 am

Interactive and realistic, more like.
From what I gather, I think this applies more to objects in-world, like chairs, tables, walls, and so forth; hopefully to NPCs as well, if they can manage it.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:42 am

If you throw someone off of a cliff with jagged rocks at the bottom, it's probably best not to go down there.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:36 pm

Jeff wrote:If you throw someone off of a cliff with jagged rocks at the bottom, it's probably best not to go down there.
Just for the Record, a falling body from Heights will bounce at least half the Distance and then a little bit. people also make Craters. (if High enough, Bloody ones)

Nayr
wicked bad-ass title

Re: I have some questions about Lugaru 2.

Post by Nayr » Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:27 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:I would've happily paid $50 for Lugaru.
Quick, raise the price!

seriously though, I'm such a cheapskate I haven't payed for lugaru. 'course, I still have the beta version, and I know those file formats... I'm afraid that if I upgrade my programs won't work anymore... (if I can find them again, that is).

But, if lugaru 2 is good enough, and I have a resonable machine, I'll buy it. though $50 is a little steep for me...

leDoOd
What custom title?

Post by leDoOd » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:17 pm

Honestly I'd have to wait for people to play it and get over the initial "OMFG SO SWEET" bias we all have before I'd be willing to shell out $50 for it. Like with Vista, I got the beta and at first I thought it was kickass since it looked totally sweet... but once I used it some more, I found out it was unusuable, there were too many bugs, and it was just all around annoying. Y'know?

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:38 pm

What I'm mostly curious about is what kind of specs will be required to run L2?
I'm bound to upgrade my comp come this winter.
However, with a development schedule of 1-3 years, I understand that this is a nigh-impossible projection to make.

I've been a fan of David's work since I first saw it back in 2003, when he was in the room over from mine. I'm quite willing to dish out $50 to support his endevors.

Jeff
Evil Twin

Post by Jeff » Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:58 pm

Colicedus wrote:
Jeff wrote:If you throw someone off of a cliff with jagged rocks at the bottom, it's probably best not to go down there.
Just for the Record, a falling body from Heights will bounce at least half the Distance and then a little bit. people also make Craters. (if High enough, Bloody ones)
So If someone jumps off of a 100 floor skyscraper, the people on the lower floors are going to see a body pass their window like 30 times (either going down or going up)?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:22 pm

Yeah...I was wondering about that...did you actually see this in practice, Colicedus? Maybe we should send this shit to Mythbusters.

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:28 pm

Last time I checked bunnies weren't made of rubber.

If they did, rabbit-kicking them into a wall would mean their body would come back and hit you.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:33 pm

Unless you were rabbit-kicking at a 45 degree angle to the wall. To be hit by the body under these cirumstances would require three other conveniently replaced walls and a lot of luck. It's highly unplausible.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:39 pm

Renegade_Turner wrote:Yeah...I was wondering about that...did you actually see this in practice, Colicedus? Maybe we should send this shit to Mythbusters.
First i ever heard of this it was from my Dad when I was asking him about his Time at St Johns Ambulance. then few years later I came across that article in school during Study on Gravity with this still in mind. you're likely to see them Bounces 10-15 times depending on the hight. I also Think Scientists also reported it after some one Tried Suicide by jumping off a Building i believe.

I would like to see the Process In practice at a Scientists point of View.
I have only read Documents and Heard Stories.
This is Due to High Air Speed going down and a human body is Rather Rubbery in that Sense, of cores there is a Bloody Cracked Ground where the Person has landed. Water is also as Hard as Concrete to land on while falling from an Air Craft and people Literally Bounce off that.

Craziest thing i have head of was an Asian woman In Tokyo Jumped off a Building trying to kill herself and landed on a Car. She Survived the Impact and Killed all the Occupants.

Oh yea, by the way.. If i were to sit down and Play the game Hard out, with a Strategy guide and all, how long would i be to play it? Is there going to be an Ending?

When i say Ending i mean a heavy hand on you're Shoulder and a Voice saying, you have Clocked it, there is nothing more to do, it is now time for you to stop playing.
Last edited by Colicedus on Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.