Yes, only salves
7%
No, niether
7%

Total votes: 15

»StaffShock«

Lugaru 2-Poisons and salves

Post by »StaffShock« » Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:41 pm

I think that, at least for most stuff, instead of buying something you should be able to make it, like if you find a rare plant you can crush up its leaves into either something you can put on your blade to make it hurt more, or something you can put on your wounds to make them heal faster.

This would add dimension to the game and really force the player to interact with the environment. In some levels it could be the only way, for example, to kill, maybe, the alpha wolf.

Fournine
.hacker

Post by Fournine » Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:50 pm

I agree with weapon augmentations;
However, if that were the only way to kill something, I'd think that rather unrealistic. Death by a thousand cuts, afterall - enough minor damage can kill anything.
However, I can see how poison might be used to, say, stealthily kill some VIP; ninja sneaking assassination missions, y'know?
Last edited by Fournine on Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:40 pm

What he said. Ditto to all of that.

MacWiggy
troll on timeout

Post by MacWiggy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:02 pm

"However, I can see how poison might be used to, say, stealthily kill some VIP; ninja sneaking assassination missions, y'know?"

Oh yeah, that's loads of fun. Who needs to go through all that trouble of PLAYING a level, when you can just put a few drops of arsenic in their beer.

Sage

Post by Sage » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:24 pm

Level? What level? From what I can tell, L2 isn't going to have levels I don't think.

I'd like to see some way to heal yourself in between battles. it shouldn't be instant though.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:27 pm

Well maybe not the ONLY way, but it could add damage to a weapon and do more damage overtime.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:50 pm

Yeah, it would be nice if you could just make poisons and salves yourself;
I don't like the idea of going to a store and buying x number of salves, just in case.

It should also take time to heal, not just instantaneously heal your wounds. Salves would just speed up the healing process.
And maybe some salves would be used to counter the effects of poisons...

Maybe instead of documentation on how salves work, you would have to figure out how the ingredients and combinations work yourself.
Or maybe that would just be too tedious.

I had a really good idea just now, but I forgot it. Oh well.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:35 pm

MacWiggy wrote:Oh yeah, that's loads of fun. Who needs to go through all that trouble of PLAYING a level, when you can just put a few drops of arsenic in their beer.
Yeah, we'll just ignore fantastic games that use stealth like Hitman and Oblivion when you say that.

By the way, dropping arsenic into their beer is much harder, and requires much more involvement. Not only that but it adds more options to situations, allowing players to go through a single situation 3 times more. (I'll always play through entire games like System Shock 2, and Fallout again to see everything. Although that isn't the main reason to do so... it adds to it)

David
Project Leader

Post by David » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:05 pm

wormguy wrote:Yeah, it would be nice if you could just make poisons and salves yourself;
I don't like the idea of going to a store and buying x number of salves, just in case.

It should also take time to heal, not just instantaneously heal your wounds. Salves would just speed up the healing process.

Maybe instead of documentation on how salves work, you would have to figure out how the ingredients and combinations work yourself.

This is more or less how it is planned to work for Lugaru 2.

Albab
This title is part one ...

Post by Albab » Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:32 pm

Awesome hardcorrre.

wormguy

Post by wormguy » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:53 am

David wrote:
wormguy wrote:Yeah, it would be nice if you could just make poisons and salves yourself;

This is more or less how it is planned to work for Lugaru 2.
I'm a freaking psychic.

»StaffShock«

Post by »StaffShock« » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:22 am

Sweet! I like the idea of having to find out stuff on your own. I guess that means putting some plant juice on a knife and hoping it kills the guy you throw it at quicker, heh.

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:36 pm

MacWiggy wrote:"However, I can see how poison might be used to, say, stealthily kill some VIP; ninja sneaking assassination missions, y'know?"

Oh yeah, that's loads of fun. Who needs to go through all that trouble of PLAYING a level, when you can just put a few drops of arsenic in their beer.
Yes, because he DID say that had to be the ONLY thing that you did in the level. Could it not be that you had to make your way to him, silently killing any rabbits/wolves on your way, and then poisoning his food?

Your argument was flawed.

Colicedus
forom-muppat-yoda

Post by Colicedus » Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:53 pm

If there is Going to be the use of Poisons i think there should also be Border patrols that Confiscate it if you possess it and try to kill you if you don't give it up and then you try to get it back by Sneaking to there HQ.

Healing herbs. Salt can be used for Cleaning cuts and i think they can Clot things faster. By the way, what is the Currency? 10 Coins for one Carrot? or 10 Apples for 10 Carrots? i could understand the Poisons having there place. Some Vegetable Roots are Inedible to a human do to the amount of poison in that part whilst the leaf is edible and Vice Versa.
So it could be easy to get Poisons from a Vegetable Salesman but you must Refine it.

Healing Slaves i don't think should be usable in combat and have Spillage Danger. by the way. i had a thought. Is L2 going to be like most other Platform games where a person carries a Pistol, a pare of shotguns, a Chaungun, a Bazooka, a Plasma and a BFG 9000 and Pull it out from No where and shoot it (that was doom for an Example) or is there going to be a Back pack system? or is it going to be like (Dread to say it) WoW?

I think to add realism there should be a Back pack. and whilst in combat you can drop it. then some sneaky people might Drag you away and get thee Buddies to Steal you're loot. just a thought. i could imagine turner pissed off as His Dagger of Wacky gets Stolen as he comes back to his back pack and then gets into a Stress, so he gets pissed off and Takes Vengeance of his dagger and goes the bastard that stole it and then Bashing them and doing the Mr T Drill.

Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:01 pm

This could have been mentioned before you got here, no wait it was. There is going to be some kind of backpack system, and it's not going to be a 2-d grid, it's going to be 3-d.
colicedeus wrote:Healing Slaves i don't think should be usable in combat and have Spillage Danger.
I don't get what the hell this means...