Broadside Express Continuation project

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
wingedwolf123

Broadside Express Continuation project

Post by wingedwolf123 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:49 am

Alright guys as many of you that were in chat know i am also picking this up as a project to finish up....so far i have a few ideas going but am open to any suggestions you guys might have .. feel free to leave them and if i can i will include them ... not quite sure about the art work aubrey did an amazing job and i dont i could improve much there so i ll mostly stick to programming ...will keep you guys informed on all progress and will try to keep updates to the changes linked..

wingedwolf123

Re: Broadside Express Continuation project

Post by wingedwolf123 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:04 am

Well Well ... List of things to do today
Life System
Mob Waves with boss intervals
Power-ups
If can get the script working right have a certain unlock mode when reach a certain objective allows you to play as one of the scorpions...

Mikelmao

Post by Mikelmao » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 am

sounds cool, especially the power ups, that will change the gameplay alot.. Here are some power-up idea's:

Double Speed (Pretty obvious what it does)
Double Shot (Instead of launching 3 balls, it will lauch 6, 3 balls when pressing the button, and 3 balls rapidly after the first shot)
Force Field (after obtaining the power up you can press the space bar and it launches all close enemies a few feet away from the car)

If i think if anything else ill post :) Their just idea's you dont need to add them ofcourse =p

wingedwolf123

Post by wingedwolf123 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:17 am

i like the Dbl shot idea ...

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm also interested in helping continue the game... if you need help. The second piece of music I wrote for this game never made it into the game (due to time) and that could be a way to start. Both tracks are on Soundcloud, but I plan to make a looping version of the second track, and if you need more music later, let me know. :)

Mikelmao

Post by Mikelmao » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Anton wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm also interested in helping continue the game... if you need help. The second piece of music I wrote for this game never made it into the game (due to time) and that could be a way to start. Both tracks are on Soundcloud, but I plan to make a looping version of the second track, and if you need more music later, let me know. :)
It would be awsome to see them ingame :) good job on the sound

tannim

Post by tannim » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:43 pm

Control configuration as the game is absolutely unplayable with anything but qwerty keyboard layout and I will not subject myself to qwerty again. It looks ok, but I've never played more than making it go in a straight line.

Akien

Post by Akien » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:30 am

It would be really nice to have a Subversion repository or whatever version control system you want for The Broadside Express. In two days, two different continuation projects have spawned and I fear we will be less efficient if we split our workforce in many forks.

Could we create a single Broadside Express continuation project, with a forum or a mailing list, which would be the reference for all who want to contribute to this awesome game? I know you and Korban3 may have different ideas about how to go on with TBE's continuation, though one project does not necessarily mean a single branch.

But I'd really love to see things a bit organised, with a gathering of ideas and manpower. I followed a bit the development of SoulFu, which was another one-man-made game given to the community, and even though many created interesting features, it is quite hard for a casual player to find those enhanced version, and there are no links between all the version. I don't want the same thing happening to TBE, with a dozen unfinished versions of the game instead of a great free project.

As for myself, I have no technical knowledge about Unity or game design, though I would be pleased to help organize the development of TBE, the sharing of ideas and of content.
What do you think of it? Of course, I would understand if you just want to hack the game a little and not to create a full fledged open-source project to develop TBE.

wingedwolf123

Post by wingedwolf123 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Yeah i personally didnt like unitys default qwerty setup either so changed the input coding around to use arrow keys ... currently in the process of writing a few scripts for power ups .. i m quite pleased so far .. when done with the scripts i plan on changing the ui a bit maybe scrap it all together and replace it with something a little more pleasant to look at

wingedwolf123

Post by wingedwolf123 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Anton wrote:Hey Guys,

Nice i ll check the music out ..i have found the current music a lil well annoying seeing its all thats there and plays non stop lol so i plan to add a few more tracks

imaginationac

Post by imaginationac » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:07 pm

I highly suggest using a distributed VCS like git or mercurial versus SVN. Put it up on github or bitbucket.

DarkstarMatryx

Post by DarkstarMatryx » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 am

Has the continuation of the Broadside Express been dropped or is anyone still working on finishing it? It's been a while since Either of the two continuation projects have posted anything on their progress hoping it hasn't died out.