Overgrowth logo in Overgrowth

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Eldeeff

Overgrowth logo in Overgrowth

Post by Eldeeff » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:37 pm

overgrowth-in-overgrowth.jpg
So I saw someone had made a make shift logo. So using that as my idea, I did my best to recreate the logo of Overgrowth. Built in Overgrowth and then taken into Photoshop for a fair few touch ups, as the lighting was weird, among other oddities.

akazi

Re: Overgrowth logo in Overgrowth

Post by akazi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:05 pm

thats cool. my new desktop pic, :D

Korban3

Post by Korban3 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Yeah, no shit, that looks awesome. Are the grasses and plants in-game objects? They look great in that shot!

Eldeeff

Post by Eldeeff » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:16 am

akazi wrote:thats cool. my new desktop pic, :D
WOW! Awesome! Now I wish I had done a large resolution version.
Korban3 wrote:Yeah, no shit, that looks awesome. Are the grasses and plants in-game objects? They look great in that shot!
Yep, flora is in-game, with some slight touch ups. I was hoping to post the original file in response to your comment, but I think I deleted it as it ultimately served no use. I've got a video of it uploading to YouTube though. Will link it here when done.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:02 am

That looks great =) any chance you could upload the level file?

Eldeeff

Post by Eldeeff » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:09 am

Johannes wrote:That looks great =) any chance you could upload the level file?
Certainly. Just let me tidy it up for all angle viewing. I won't be too long.

EDIT: It will be infinitely long. I lost the file when I updated the version. I think I'm about to start the worlds largest tsunami with all these tears I'm shedding.

Here's the video I was talking about. You can see how the grass isn't spread over the whole block, as I only planned to use it as a static image.

Last edited by Eldeeff on Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:20 am

Very cool, looks good even in the video.

One thing you probably already have planned: Where you have blocks intersecting and you see them flickering back and forth (z-fighting), you should select one and just move it a tiny amount forward so that the flickering stops.

Eldeeff

Post by Eldeeff » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:11 am

Johannes wrote:Very cool, looks good even in the video.

One thing you probably already have planned: Where you have blocks intersecting and you see them flickering back and forth (z-fighting), you should select one and just move it a tiny amount forward so that the flickering stops.
Yeah, I'm aware of that, but I'd rather have the blocks flush than not z-fight. Or maybe I could have not over lapped them at all, and just butt them together. Well it's too late. Guess what guys. Guess f***ing what. I made this in a15*, then today, I upgraded to a169, and I think you can guess what happened. So I'm sorry but I can't give you the level. :( As much as I want to, I've looked and looked, it's not there, and I can't restore it to before the update. :cry: :oops: :evil:

akazi

Post by akazi » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:03 pm

Eldeeff wrote:
Johannes wrote:Very cool, looks good even in the video.

Yeah, I'm aware of that, but I'd rather have the blocks flush than not z-fight. Or maybe I could have not over lapped them at all, and just butt them together. Well it's too late. Guess what guys. Guess f***ing what. I made this in a15*, then today, I upgraded to a169, and I think you can guess what happened. So I'm sorry but I can't give you the level. :( As much as I want to, I've looked and looked, it's not there, and I can't restore it to before the update. :cry: :oops: :evil:
dang, well thats okay with me its still my new desktop pic, love it. :D

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:04 pm

Eldeeff wrote:...

Guess what guys. Guess f***ing what. I made this in a15*, then today, I upgraded to a169, and I think you can guess what happened. So I'm sorry but I can't give you the level. :( As much as I want to, I've looked and looked, it's not there, and I can't restore it to before the update. :cry: :oops: :evil:
You should still upload it. I'm pretty sure we could fix it to work with 169.

Anton
pretty cool guy

Post by Anton » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:47 pm

Johannes wrote:
Eldeeff wrote:...

Guess what guys. Guess f***ing what. I made this in a15*, then today, I upgraded to a169, and I think you can guess what happened. So I'm sorry but I can't give you the level. :( As much as I want to, I've looked and looked, it's not there, and I can't restore it to before the update. :cry: :oops: :evil:
You should still upload it. I'm pretty sure we could fix it to work with 169.
The map looks really cool! But, I think it was probably replaced when updating. There was an update to that map, and it would have overwritten his if he didn't rename it.

Johannes

Post by Johannes » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Anton wrote:
Johannes wrote:...
The map looks really cool! But, I think it was probably replaced when updating. There was an update to that map, and it would have overwritten his if he didn't rename it.
A crap, I miss-read it. That sucks.