Lugaru 2 - Softbody "Realmatter" Physics

Anything related to Wolfire Games and/or its products
Zantalos
The Postman

Post by Zantalos » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:41 pm

Uhh yeah... I just made that up, neat huh?

Renegade_Turner
Gramps

Post by Renegade_Turner » Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:50 pm

Wait, there's a z-axis?

Inventor

Post by Inventor » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:00 pm

Z-axis is typically used for depth in a cube, but isn't always the case in 3d programs or game engines as the axis' can be rotated.

Sage

Post by Sage » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:01 pm

It's another way of saying <insert technobabble here>

EDIT: Yes. 1 axis for a length (a line) 2 axises for length and height (a square.) 3 axes for length height and depth (a cube)

at least I think.. my school is still doing friggen spelling tests (aka it's teaching us as if we were in 5th grade) so I can't say much.

BunnyWithStick
Gramps, Jr.

Post by BunnyWithStick » Mon Sep 25, 2006 5:38 pm

You are correct, and I know nothing about the names of these things (Except ragdoll and soft body) but I know what all of them basically are, and I understood…
Zantalos wrote:But considering that this isn't ragdoll physics, the only thing we've seen of fractal physics is that it's completely optimized to work using hardly any lag as seen with anything else. Instead of twisting, quantum axis plutonians making complex movement across a plane, the points used in real matter are just point adams. They travel simply across the z, y, z axis in simple movements (no twisting), and so only the end result shows realistic movements when they're connected, the more you cut apart, it just means more seperate particles are being rendered instead of one, considering that cloth is essentially one atom thick, not much lag would happen as a result. Well, not nearly as much as it would cost to put a wow on your face that your clothing has been cut (alot of the lag in "Real Matter" isn't just from the physics, by simply rendering it without the detailed textures, it increases the frame rate by nearly double).
…rather well 8)